Band Pull Aparts

I did these for the first time a few weeks ago, and I do not remember my upper back ever being so sore!

I train using Defranco’s WSFSB template and I decided to try this exercise out.

Does this reveal just how weak my rear delts are? or could it just be that it was a new exercise?

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Probably that your rear delts are weak.

I did them for the first time with a green band, as many reps as I could do for three sets, and I was not too beaten up the next day. That’s what I’m working from.

jesus how many reps did you get on the green band? I can get 100 reps with the mini and 4x15 with the mini flex but i couldn’t even imagine pulling apart the green-very impressive man

[quote]twistacannon15 wrote:
jesus how many reps did you get on the green band? I can get 100 reps with the mini and 4x15 with the mini flex but i couldn’t even imagine pulling apart the green-very impressive man[/quote]

That’s what I was gonna say. Good shit.

[quote]twistacannon15 wrote:
jesus how many reps did you get on the green band? I can get 100 reps with the mini and 4x15 with the mini flex but i couldn’t even imagine pulling apart the green-very impressive man[/quote]

Prior to my workout today my PR was 17, today I got 19. Pushed for an even 20 but didn’t quite make it. Haha.

Check out Matt Kroc’s:

Prior to my workout today my PR was 17, today I got 19. Pushed for an even 20 but didn’t quite make it. Haha.

Check out Matt Kroc’s:

band pull aparts 12-08 - YouTube [/quote]

wow i never noticed that he was using a Green Band. Keep up the good work man

Couple ideas:

Like them for higher reps…20+

Make sure you retract scaps before you start and concentrate on holding it through set.

Do them “high” so hands are above shoulders and band crosses clavicle, but also lower so band crosses sternum where you touch in shirted bench.

One other way is “X” pull aparts. Pull band alternating right hand above head and left hand below waist and vice versa.

Training Gold.