Band of Brothers

I finally watched the Band of Brothers series yesterday. They had a marathon on the History channel. Absofuckinglutely awsome!! I truly believe that this should be mandatory viewing for ALL high school kids. People need to understand the evil that is possible in the world today. Those that pay no attention to history are doomed to repeat it. Comments?

I’d rather have them watch Schindler’s List

This is a great series. I’ve seen them all more than once. Really makes you appreciate what some of these went through.

[quote]matko5 wrote:
I’d rather have them watch Schindler’s List[/quote]

i think the ops refering to the episode - what we fight for - which shows when the company came across a concentration camp. equally as effective as schindlers list

i saw schindlers list in one of my high school classes, certainly a powerful film

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
matko5 wrote:
I’d rather have them watch Schindler’s List

i think the ops refering to the episode - what we fight for - which shows when the company came across a concentration camp. equally as effective as schindlers list[/quote]

That’s a great episode…

[quote]T-M324 wrote:
I finally watched the Band of Brothers series yesterday. They had a marathon on the History channel. Absofuckinglutely awsome!! I truly believe that this should be mandatory viewing for ALL high school kids. People need to understand the evil that is possible in the world today. Those that pay no attention to history are doomed to repeat it. Comments?[/quote]

Sounds interesting. Is this a movie?

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:
T-M324 wrote:
I finally watched the Band of Brothers series yesterday. They had a marathon on the History channel. Absofuckinglutely awsome!! I truly believe that this should be mandatory viewing for ALL high school kids. People need to understand the evil that is possible in the world today. Those that pay no attention to history are doomed to repeat it. Comments?

Sounds interesting. Is this a movie?[/quote]

No. This is a mini-series that was produced by HBO a few years back. You can get it through blockbuster and I’m assuming Netflix, or as seen above the History channel runs it from time to time. Usually during holidays such as these.

And yes, it is a phenomenally done series. Each one pulls you in and when it was on HBO I couldn’t wait until the next week to keep up with it. Having been in the U.S. Army Airborne Rangers, Band of Brothers really hit home for me and made me appreciate just how good we have it now.

My highest recommendation without any hesitation whatsoever. Get it. Watch it. Be inspired by it.

WarriorSage

[quote]reneeweimer wrote:
T-M324 wrote:

Sounds interesting. Is this a movie?[/quote]

No. This is a mini-series that was produced by HBO a few years back. You can get it through blockbuster and I’m assuming Netflix, or as seen above the History channel runs it from time to time. Usually during holidays such as these.

And yes, it is a phenomenally done series. Each one pulls you in and when it was on HBO I couldn’t wait until the next week to keep up with it. Having been in the U.S. Army Airborne Rangers, Band of Brothers really hit home for me and made me appreciate just how good we have it now.

My highest recommendation without any hesitation whatsoever. Get it. Watch it. Be inspired by it.

WarriorSage

Great, great series. Don’t think its to practical for high school viewing but the message it carries makes it a must watch for everyone. Damn, I loved this show when it came out.

[quote]T-M324 wrote:
I finally watched the Band of Brothers series yesterday. They had a marathon on the History channel. Absofuckinglutely awsome!! I truly believe that this should be mandatory viewing for ALL high school kids. People need to understand the evil that is possible in the world today. Those that pay no attention to history are doomed to repeat it. Comments?[/quote]

The boy in the striped pajamas would be a better watch its about jews in the prison camps and these two kids meet, its very moving and very different to any other movie I have ever seen.

Band of brothers is on of my favorite shows and the book makes the tv series look pathetic, but they can learn alot from a show like that.

Generation Kill is the last Iraq war’s version of Band of Brothers.

Band of Brothers is awesome. I watched it when it was on HBO then bought it. I’ve seen it numerous times since then and even watched them all straight through a few times.

Generation Kill is a hilarious series. Maybe it’s because I have a morbid sense of humor or maybe that some of it is so true. Great series… I haven’t been able to see them all though.

Over There was a great war time Irag story as well.

Yes definitely should be required viewing to be an American, not just for school kids, I have known plenty of adults that don’t understand either and need some education.

And while we are on the subject, www.usmemorialday.org

[quote]T-M324 wrote:

I absolutely love Band of Brothers and have also seen them all several times. I like seeing the unknown actors from it in random movie parts too…some have made it pretty big actually. Lt. Randelman has that new cop show.

I think Band of Brothers is the best WWII story (perhaps any war) of either TV or Movies. Certainly better than Saving Matt Damon. I mean, Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, and Apocolypse Now are pretty hard to beat, but Band of Brothers is right up there with them.