Band Exercise: Shoulders

Here’s an exercise that uses bands to target the shoulders great for the bench press. Close grip. It really works the shoulders quite similarly to what’s needed for the midrange of the bench. Use with heavy weights for a ME or for reps to build up the shoulders. You will really feel it around the scapula.

Just make sure the hook are deep/secure enough before you do this. Might give you a nasty surprise otherwise!

Claes

that’s damn interesting, mert.

when you say it works the scapula, which portion of the scapula are you referring to? I only ask because my scaps wing out a bit and have been bustin my ass to strengthen my serratus anterior and lower traps to help mitigate the problem.

interesting setup to say the least

thats great,bro!!!

I prefer muscle snatches, cuban presses and external rotations with bands.

Of course, that’s for pre-hab. Which I need from all the overhead pressing and other shoulder exercises I’ve done. :wink:

[quote]CU AeroStallion wrote:
that’s damn interesting, mert.

when you say it works the scapula, which portion of the scapula are you referring to? I only ask because my scaps wing out a bit and have been bustin my ass to strengthen my serratus anterior and lower traps to help mitigate the problem.
[/quote]

I’ll have to check on the official anatomical description, but its an external rotation movement, liker tilting the scapula back.