Band & Chain Template

Looking to see if anyone could post a training template with the incorporation of bands and chains for a bench cycle. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. I have access to a fat bar, ss bar,and have many boards.

any help would be great.

thanks

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1353284

My training partners and I use the chains/bands in 3 week waves on our speed days. We do 3 weeks of chains, followed by 3 weeks of bands, then a deload. We usually don’t increase/change the chains or bands during the 3 week phase, we just add a little to the bar weight each week. So for bench it might look something like:

Week 1 - 150lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 2 - 160lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 3 - 170lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 4 - 160lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 5 - 170lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 6 - 180lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 7 - Deload. 180lb bar weight only.

For our max effort days we don’t use bands very often but we do use chains. We’ll do full range bench with chains, floor press with chains, close grip with chains, etc.

All of this also applies to our squat and deadlift training.

[quote]SprinterOne wrote:
My training partners and I use the chains/bands in 3 week waves on our speed days. We do 3 weeks of chains, followed by 3 weeks of bands, then a deload. We usually don’t increase/change the chains or bands during the 3 week phase, we just add a little to the bar weight each week. So for bench it might look something like:

Week 1 - 150lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 2 - 160lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 3 - 170lb bar weight + 50 lbs chains.
Week 4 - 160lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 5 - 170lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 6 - 180lb bar weight + green mini.
Week 7 - Deload. 180lb bar weight only.

For our max effort days we don’t use bands very often but we do use chains. We’ll do full range bench with chains, floor press with chains, close grip with chains, etc.

All of this also applies to our squat and deadlift training.[/quote]

thanks for the info,i’ll give it a shot. Do You use more bands for your dynamic days?

That week by week list is how we do our dynamic days. It’s just an example though, we are always changing bar weight and band tension.