Banana Walnut Muffins

Had my Girlfriend’s sister bake me a dozen of these for the holidays as a little Thank You for helping her prepare for her first figure contest. I guess it’s a slight variation on the protein-bread she usually makes, with more protein for my benefit (she also pointed out that if you leave out the Walnuts, the calories are practically halved,… might screw with the consistency and other macros though).

2 Omega Eggs
3/4 Cup unsweetened coconut milk
4 scoops banana Metabolic Drive
1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
75 grams chopped walnuts
4 tsp cinnamon
12 packets truvia (artificial sweetener)

Bake at 375 for approx 20-25 mins.

Makes approx 12 snack sized muffins.
Each muffin: 5.5g fat, 9.5g prot, 2g carbs, 101 calories

Pretty tasty actually, and not as dry as her previous recipes.

S

bomb. i’m going to make a variation of this. thanks

Great recipe Stu.

I clicked because Banana Walnut Muffins was my nickname in high school!

Admittedly I was surprised at how good these were. I’ve been snacking on 'em all weekend :slight_smile:

I’m usually the guy who’ll eat anything if it meets his numbers for the day. When prepping for a show, I’ll actually microwave just Metabolic Drive and some water to make a ‘muffin’,… well, okay, not really a muffin, but a block of protein powder you can carry in your pocket. These are much better -lol

S

I should Google this also but is there any risk of deterioration of protein content due to baking/high heat. Thanks.

^Stu just said he ate this for contest prep, so if it was good enough for someone in contest shape, then I’m pretty sure it’s good enough for you :stuck_out_tongue:

…to answer your question the high heat might destroy some of the beneficial subfractions of the protein, but that won’t be bad, you’ll just be missing something. I’m not aware of whether the destroyed subfractions being present poses any issue.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:
I should Google this also but is there any risk of deterioration of protein content due to baking/high heat. Thanks. [/quote]

Dr. Lonnie Lowery comments on this.

“So, you might lose a few of the side benefits of protein when you heat it, but on any observable level, you’re not going to compromise your ability to build muscle with all that protein you’re pounding away. So, keep sticking it into your oatmeal, pancake batter, and muffin recipes.”

Thank you both Lunaris and BPT (I always like your commentary in the S&N forum BPT). In the effort to get enough protein in a busy workday the opportunity to find good quality protein, that’s portable, storable and easy to eat is always there, and in my case with low GI load and/or low carbs/sugar :slight_smile: Cheers.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Admittedly I was surprised at how good these were. I’ve been snacking on 'em all weekend :slight_smile:

I’m usually the guy who’ll eat anything if it meets his numbers for the day. When prepping for a show, I’ll actually microwave just Metabolic Drive and some water to make a ‘muffin’,… well, okay, not really a muffin, but a block of protein powder you can carry in your pocket. These are much better -lol

S[/quote]
Im always trying stuff in the micro , you save so much time with veg’s ,meat n all sorts but ive never tried whey . whats the whey to water ratio or do you go buy consistancy ?

Waaaay too healthy. I’m dissapointed Stu

sounds great, gonna have my wifey make me some of them. what do you think about using the same reciepe and making banana walnut bread out of it instead.

keep the disgusting aftertaste of truvia out of it and I’m in.

ETHANWEST- Hey! I didn’t create it! She baked it for me! -lol. I don’t get ‘healthy’ for another 3 weeks :smiley:

BWBSKI- Originally she had made it as a bread, with less protein powder, but knew that I’d have higher protein needs than she would.

I had never even tried Truvia before this. It’s really not even noticeable. Personally, I buy bulk bags of Splenda for my oatmeal and cottage cheese. The majority of the taste of these is a combo of the actual bananas and the Met Drive. The walnuts do contribute to the texture and consistency though.

S