Baltimore Burning

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Zeb…I’m calling total bullshit on “… I actually held out hope that he would be able to at least unite the races and find common ground…”

No one on the Right truly “held hope” out for this President,[/quote]

Not true my friend. When you know you are getting a man who was the most inexperienced and far left winger in the history of the Presidency you do hold out hope that he might be able to do one thing right. That one thing would naturally be race relations because I knew then that he was not going to get the rest of the job right.

That’s your best defense of the worst President to ever hold office? Pathetic! Yeah, it’s sad when people hold the President accountable for his actions (eye roll). Name one President who has not been held accountable? How about George W. Bush? He was attacked by the Press on a daily basis. Did you whine and cry for him as well Mufasa? Nope. He got what he deserved was probably your heart felt feeling. Well maybe he did, but Obama sure did get a free ride from the mainstream liberal media. If they put the boots to him the way they did Bush his approval rating would be about 30% right now. Not that it’s all that good anyway.

And I’m sure you cannot defend that list as you are not doing now and have never done in the past.

Well, glad it got under your skin. I was baiting you into a defense of Obama. But, you are too smart for that. There is no defense for Obama’s record. Where are all of your posts touting his great successes? Where are they? What has he done that was actually right? I gave him credit for killing Osama Bin Laden. Well, that’s one thing he did right now give me a list of all the other victories, correct decisions and wonderful new things he has brought to the US. Can’t do it can you? All you got is a critique of the mean spirited conservatives who won’t, boo hoo give Obama a chance. But we have and he has failed. And in turn you have failed to realize it. You cannot defend him because there is no defense of his horrible record. But admitting that would mean that the conservatives were right and by gosh you can’t do that can you?

Good point…negotiating with the terrorist state of Iran so that they will eventually get the bomb was a gift given to Israel. They chant death to Israel (and death to the US) in the streets of Iran. But Obama being a loyal friend to Israel IS ALLOWING IRAN TO DEVELOP THE BOMB!!

You have nothing my friend…nothing!

[quote]And as far as race relations?

Don’t fool yourself, Zeb, by pointing out these high-profile cases as if the races where breaking bread and walking through Strawberry Fields hand-in-hand prior to President Obama…or that Police were handing out Roses at every traffic stop…

While I wish that race relations were better…I’ll take them, warts and all, above just about any Country I can think of.[/quote]

So in essence your defense of his deplorable statements and actions is “they were never any good Zeb” clap…clap…clap…Really?

We have someone who is the first black President, the most important job in the country and you are telling me that “well at least they are not any worse”.

Well, if that’s your best defense that’s pretty sad Mufasa. But in reality things are quite a bit worse because of Obama.

Were the police (on whole) demonized prior to the Obama administration? Nope. Why all the attention now? Blacks, just like whites, were arrested and convicted prior to the Obama administration. There was no national attention. No rioting under Bush, H.W. Bush or Reagan. But for some reason we have a country where there is a significant number of people who don’t trust, or out right hate the Police. Gee, I wonder what caused that? Could it be that it was all of the snide comments about the Police from the Community Organizer and Chief? Could it be that lies like “hands up don’t shoot” would have never have taken place if Obama had stood up and played the part of leader?

There are now threads being started on this site and others attacking the actions of Police Officers for merely doing their jobs. Where did it all start? We both know and only one of us will admit it.

Where did all of that come from Mufasa? And even if you defend him for not causing it, did he ever actually try to stop it? Did he ever use the bully pulpit to say something like “The Police are not at fault here, go back to your homes. If you riot you will be arrested.”

Nope.

Did you ever once hear him say “You know the black community would be a lot better off if black men would stay with their families.”

Or, “you know there are an inordinate number of black people in jail because of a lack of male leadership in the home.”

Never heard any of that from him did you Mufasa…no that would take real leadership. Telling the truth is a hard thing for any politician (just ask Hillary’s handlers). But with Obama you get myth after myth.

You see the police are at fault when a black thug charges a cop in his vehicle goes for his gun and gets killed for his efforts…yeah that’s all the cops fault. Why didn’t the cop just let the black thug shoot?

If it wasn’t for those rotten cops the black community would be just fine.

Obama perpetuated the “cops hate blacks” myth which in turn caused rioting and a general distaste for Police Officers in general by the public.

Good job Obama…GOSH WE NEED MORE OF THIS DON’T WE?

I have no idea what they will say. If they are left wingers like Obama they might say he did fine. If they are anywhere near telling the truth they will say he was absolutely the worst modern day President and perhaps the worst of in our history.

One more thought before we close the door on this discussion. We are near the end of your post and you still cannot give me a list of Obama’s accomplishments. In fact, you have not yet given me even one thing that he has done correctly. I think I have named the one thing he did right, kill Osama Bin Laden. Now you start with that one and come back with the long list of everything he has done correctly.

Look, we both know that he is a lousy President. The fact that a conservative is pointing it out to you rubs you the wrong way- I get it. But try to get over that fact and open your eyes to the truth. Sure you don’t like Conservatives but this time we hit the nail on the head. Obama is a horrible President. Give us a little credit for calling it right. We don’t always get it right, no one does. But this time we got it exactly right. But what did you expect? This was an easy call.

He had the most liberal voting record in the Senate. And he was only a Senator for two years before he started running for President.

Did you think a combination of being far left and very inexperienced was going to make for a good President? Honestly anyone who was not star struck by Obama could have called this one correctly.

But if you really think he has done a good job you now have the opportunity to defend him. Tell me, tell us all why you think he’s a good President. Lay out all of his accomplishments…if you can. But if you can’t then why the argument? Just tip your hat to the truth and keep walking.

[quote]But for now, I will go on the record as saying that he has done the most difficult job in the World the best that we can expect any one person to do it…and that in the face of incessant criticism, hate and vitriol.

I will go to my grave thinking what I think about the man…and so will you.[/quote]

That’s it huh?

That’s your defense of Obama?

Yes, he did the best he could do…and it was really lousy!

Yes, I’m done, Zeb.

When you post things like the President is “allowing” Iran to develop the Bomb…as if posting it in caps lends it credibility…or that the President “empowers” people to Riot…

I’m SO done.

Let’s hope the next GOP President keeps those Black Folks and Gays in line; puts Baby Daddies back in every home; makes Dover busy again with the Flag-Draped coffins of fallen Heroes; and Bombs Iran out of existence…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
Yes, I’m done, Zeb.

When you post things like the President is “allowing” Iran to develop the Bomb…as if posting it in caps lends it credibility…or that the President “empowers” people to Riot…

I’m SO done.[/quote]

Done? Have you even begun?

I’ve read many of your posts over the years and I find you to be a very articulate individual quite able to write a post which is able to refute using facts. Yet, this time around you speak in broad brush strokes using straw man arguments and blatant insults yet no facts seem to be at your finger tips. You’re done yet you have not yet begun. Not one tiny little list of Obama’s accomplishments?

Nothing?

While I clearly sited significant incidence where Obama has failed not only the black community but the entire country as well…but you are “so done”. Done with what? Done with not having a good argument for this President?

You hit bottom with this one. A place I didn’t think you would ever go. Bringing phrases like this into the debate are beneath you. You are now using the straw man attack. I never once said that anyone should keep “blacks in line”. What I clearly pointed out was that there is a generational problem in the black community which relates to black men abandoning their families at an amazing rate of something like 68%. Furthermore, I pointed out how Obama using the bully pulpit could have called attention to that particular problem to help solve it. But, instead he played the part of Community Organizing rabble rouser. So, how dare you claim that I ever once said or implied that black people need to be kept in line! Are you that frustrated that a conservative was correct in calling Obama the worst of Presidents? That bothers you so much that instead of launching a credible defense you stoop to these measures. You are disappointing me Mufasa I thought you were better than this.

As for gays I never once mentioned them not one time. So, where did that one come from mister stereotype? You assume that all conservatives want to keep gays “in line” somehow? So, you thought you would infuse gays into the argument when they were never brought up by either one of us? This one really speaks to your utter desperation.

Your recent attacks on conservatives above proves that you are more upset that conservatives were correct about Obama than you are thinking that Obama did a good job. You’ve also proven that you are quite capable of using straw man arguments when you have no argument at all.

In short you would do well to stay off of Obama’s side, if you do in fact like him. You seem incapable of helping him out even one little bit. But to your defense what good can be said about Obamas policies?

Before we end this debate as I know that you are “so done”.

Here’s a link that points out that the majority of Americans agree with me. Gee, are they all rabid conservatives? No I think not, just average Americans who can see Obama for what and who he really is:

Finally, this is my special gift to you, and all who choose to read it. It is a partial list of Obama’s many failures. It only lists 80 of them so it is certainly not complete. But, it is a good start:

http://www.myopinions-carl.com/2010/07/obama-failures-listed.html

I really want you to take a look at it with an open mind. And if you are able feel free to post back with a long list of Obama accomplishments (as I have challenged you to do in the past but for some reason you have not done it).

Also, keep in mind that it is inappropriate to blame the messenger, even if you don’t like the messengers political leanings. Try to look past your hatred of conservatives (or perhaps me) and look at what I am pointing at. I am either right or wrong. If I am wrong point out why. Stop whining about how conservatives are all wrong. Show me why I’m wrong without the straw man attacks please.

I claim that if your mind is open and you really are someone who is middle of the road politically you will come to the conclusion as I and over half the country has that Barack Obama is a horrible President!

One…update your Polls, and use ones with a broader Demographic…

And don’t feign some sense of disappointment and/or outage at me when you post an article with the President urinating on a Map of America.

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:

don’t feign some sense of disappointment and/or outage at me when you post an article with the President urinating on a Map of America.

Mufasa[/quote]

First of all I never attributed comments to you that you did not make. You on the other hand did stoop to that level. Some would call that lying, others say straw man. Either way it is ineffective as you now know.

Secondly, if all Obama did was urinate on a map of the US that wouldn’t bother me in the least. It’s all of his poor decisions and policies that are disturbing. The many that are pointed out in the link I sent you. Did you read all 80 of them? If so, how come you’ve not tried to refute any of them. I guess they are irrefutable. In a way I can’t blame you. It’s easier to personally attack me than try to defend Obama’s horrible record as President.

Where is that defense of Obama?

Still got nothing huh?

You certainly get all offended when I attack your hero’s record. Yet, out of the almost 7 years he’s been President you can’t think of even one single thing that he’s done correctly. I gave you the killing of Osama Bin Laden as being something good. But you just can’t build on that one thing can you?

He’s the worst President that we’ve seen in a long, long time. And you are caught trying to attack me because you can’t think of a dang thing to say in his defense regarding his record.

You’ve argued yourself into a tight little corner Mufasa. A well deserved tight little corner where there is no credibility to be found!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Why didn’t the cop just let the black thug shoot?
[/quote]

Well now…let’s see how this unfolds:

http://news.yahoo.com/memphis-police-officer-fatally-shot-during-traffic-stop-050151418.html

Memphis police officer fatally shot during traffic stop.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[/quote]

http://news.yahoo.com/memphis-police-officer-fatally-shot-during-traffic-stop-050151418.html

Memphis police officer fatally shot during traffic stop.[/quote]\

Tragic, horrible and very sad.

Let’s see if Obama even acknowledges the incident since no one of color was harmed. If you notice he has not yet said a word about the woman who was killed by the illegal immigrant.

It’s only when black people are killed, even when the Police Officer has no choice, does Obama hop into action…and makes matters worse!

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[/quote]

Let’s see if Obama even acknowledges the incident since no one of color was harmed. If you notice he has not yet said a word about the woman who was killed by the illegal immigrant.

It’s only when black people are killed, even when the Police Officer has no choice, does Obama hop into action…and makes matters worse!
[/quote]

Regarding that woman killed by the illegal alien, US Congressman Luis Gutierrez called the murder of that woman “a little thing.” Fucking disgraceful !

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/07/19/rep-luis-guti-rrez-calls-murder-kate-steinle-little-thing

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]Gkhan wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Regarding that woman killed by the illegal alien, US Congressman Luis Gutierrez called the murder of that woman “a little thing.” Fucking disgraceful !

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/07/19/rep-luis-guti-rrez-calls-murder-kate-steinle-little-thing
[/quote]

Still waiting for our (cough) president to comment on how horrible it was for a black man to shoot and kill a white cop. I only state it like that because he didn’t like a white cop shooting a black man (even though it was justified).

But wait…he doesn’t care much about white Police Officers lives does he?

Nope, the racist and chief is doing his thing and the press won’t say a word about it.

That is disgusting!

Stephanie Rawlings Blake announced she will not be running for re-election.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Stephanie Rawlings Blake announced she will not be running for re-election. [/quote]

Thank Christ, she is not fit to run a lemonade stand, let alone a US city.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:
Stephanie Rawlings Blake announced she will not be running for re-election. [/quote]

Thank Christ, she is not fit to run a lemonade stand, let alone a US city. [/quote]

It’s Baltimore though so they’ll probably just elect someone worse.

So the prosecution presents its strongest case first, and it’s a mistrial.

What an embarrassment.

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
So the prosecution presents its strongest case first, and it’s a mistrial.

What an embarrassment. [/quote]

Riots will ensue if they decide not to re-try, which is what I expect.

That prosecutor fucked that trial up big time, she ran her mouth like she was hot shit, without even knowing the full evidence.

All remaining charges dropped. Solid effort Mosby… :areyoukiddingme:

Here’s another one from Baltimore. Ok, I admit, I didn’t read this article, but actually read another one about it at work. The article I read said the woman was a “doting mother” with “no history of violence”.

My question: Why would a such a woman pull a gun on police because “a bench warrant for” her “arrest had been issued following her failure to appear in court to face charges related to cases of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest following a traffic stop back in March?”

It just doesn’t make sense in my mind. If she was concerned at all about her kid, maybe she should have went with them, or went to court like she was supposed to and paid off her fine.

The article I read earlier was anti-cop and said the police had no business doing what they did. How about this woman had no business pointing a loaded gun at police and making verbal threats.

Insane!! What are your thoughts on this?

Haven’t heard much about it. Sounds like typical Baltimore, though.

1 Like

Latest update

Not about Baltimore, but what about the situation in Milwaukee? Holy hell, a African American policeman shoots and kills an African American who pointed a gun at him and because of this there’s riots and burning. How do you claim it’s racial when it was a black cop who was justified in shooting the black criminal?