T Nation

Balls of Steel: French Edition

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris early in the morning. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground. If you haven't seen this before it is a classic. Turn on your sound and enjoy............

They guy deserved to be arrested…

But fuck that was intense.

And I am almost positive that Popeye Doyle was driving that car.

Ain’t got shit on the German Ghost Rider.

That was insane, I really don’t know how the hell you could drive like that in Paris. The streets are so busy with cars, people, and madness. But that is fucking badass if you ask me.

and think about how this was made without the use of ABS and all the features found on modern cars…

Damn, I was on those streets a month ago.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
and think about how this was made without the use of ABS and all the features found on modern cars…[/quote]

aux input to plug in your Ipod

I dont think I could have ever imagined the streets of Paris so empty. The sound of that engine is insane, think my T levels went up just hearing it.