Balancing Act to Super Hero!

Man, that’s a ton of info and you’ve gotten some solid advice so far, so I’ll toss out my first instincts:

• I like that you’re trying to plan ahead, but putting an entire year’s worth of training/nutrition cycles down on paper seems a bit much. For example, unless I misread, you’ve already changed things a bit by continuing the fat loss plan instead of jumping to NNM like you planned.

I’d rather have more general yearly plan (with general goals), and then break it down into more specific 2-3 month intervals, and adapt as you go, based on the progress you see.

• Thibaudeau is a phenom, without a doubt, but I’d really like to see you experiment with some other coaches training theories/philosophies along the way.

I know you’re looking for some bodypart specializations, so maybe look into Dr. Ellington Darden or Dr. Clay Hyght. Or try to work in something from Cosgrove, Waterbury (who designed the V-Diet workouts you’ve probably been doing), or maybe a run at a strength-based workout, Tate or Defranco-style. Who knows, maybe you’ll get hooked on strength work, say “Screw this low carb crap”, bulk back up all dirty-like, and start competing in PL contests. Could happen. :wink:

I think that exposure to more methods will help to develop you in a more well-rounded manner. Different coaches do bring different techniques to the table, and the pretty much all work.

Firstly, thanks for dropping by the thread to give me some advice, I really do appreciate it. I know it was a little cheeky of me to ask, but if you don’t ask, you don’t get, right?

Plus I did win your competition. On to my plan…

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
unless I misread, you’ve already changed things a bit by continuing the fat loss plan instead of jumping to NNM like you planned.
[/quote]

Yes you’re right, I have tweaked this a little since I fist posted this thread. My original plan though, has always been fat loss. I first scheduled to start NNM on July 6th, but what I did from my V-Diet until that point was up in the air.

I had given myself 2 choices, continued fat loss, or Starting Strength (which seemed a good idea after reading Oteps thread, and your interview with Mark).

The reason I chose continued Fat Loss was because of some advice from Thibs and Shelby Starnes, they both said it would be best to get as lean as possible before starting a route of building muscle.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

• Thibaudeau is a phenom, without a doubt, but I’d really like to see you experiment with some other coaches training theories/philosophies along the way.

I know you’re looking for some bodypart specializations, so maybe look into Dr. Ellington Darden or Dr. Clay Hyght. Or try to work in something from Cosgrove, Waterbury (who designed the V-Diet workouts you’ve probably been doing), or maybe a run at a strength-based workout, Tate or Defranco-style. Who knows, maybe you’ll get hooked on strength work, say “Screw this low carb crap”, bulk back up all dirty-like, and start competing in PL contests. Could happen. :wink:

I think that exposure to more methods will help to develop you in a more well-rounded manner. Different coaches do bring different techniques to the table, and the pretty much all work.[/quote]

You are very right on the above points as well. To be honest, I really want to do Starting Strength, I always recommend it to other people, but haven’t made time for it myself. And I really think I should add it in, sooner rather then later.

I know there’s a lot of Thibaudeau programs in my list, by no means have I done this because I think he’s better then anyone else, although your right, he is a phenom.

I just seem to understand his articles better (they talk to me), because I am a newbie, I feel that CT’s articles are very easy to understand and are laid out in an idiot proof way. Plus I’ve had great results from using his programs.

I was also very impressed by the V-Diet workouts by Waterbury, on paper, the V-Diet workouts don’t look like much, but they can be quiet challenging, I don’t know if it’s the restricted calories or the shortening rest periods, but they really did the job.

Thanks for the tips Chris, you’ve actually convinced me to change a couple of things. Because I’ve always had this personal demon of my BF%, I think it’s right that I tackle this first, so I will carry on with the scheduled fat loss until NNM.

But I think it’s a really good idea that I put in Starting Strength after NNM, I think NNM is very important and I feel I really should do it, along with anything prescribed by BBB when I go up to see him in a couple of weeks.

After I’ve tackled my structural balance issue I’ll do the Starting Strength workouts for the full 12 weeks (it may be 16, not sure), and the increased strength gains can only assist me when it comes to building muscle.

So that’s it in the way of changes, for now… Thanks again for dropping by Chris, and for your valuable insight.

LR

It’s about time I updated this, being so close to my official start date and all. So this is what I’m going to be doing starting from Monday!

[quote]
Monday 18th - Sunday 24th MAY[/quote]

For this week I’m going to be training TBT on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and probably play a game of Squash on Thursday as well.

I’ll be eating the same as the first Transition week of the V-Diet, meaning shakes all day, except for 1 HSM for lunch each day. My main reasoning for this is to get precise measurements at the end of the week for my actualy starting point.

On Saturday, I’ll be leaving my house at 05:30am to take a trip up to Cardiff to see BBB! I’ll be starting another thread to document my journey and experience of a session with a professional healthcare provider.

I’m looking forward to this trip, but there’s a few things I’m to looking forward to, mainly the massive list of things that I’ll have wrong with me, and secondly, being folded in half!

Saturday’s gonna be a very long day, mainly due to the travelling, so Sunday will be my day of ultimate rest, A lot of sleep, bath, some shopping to make sure I have all my ingredients for meals starting Monday.

Monday it all begins!

LR

[quote]
[b]Monday 25th MAY - Starting Point

Diet - Regressive Keto Cycle (THIBAUDEAU)
Training - Intermediate V-Diet workouts (Waterbury)
[/b][/quote]

1900 KCALS PER DAY

30% PROTEIN + 70% FAT
Mon, Tues, Wed,

50% PROTEIN + 50% FAT
Thurs, Fri, Sat,

40% PROTEIN + 30% CHO + 30% FAT
Sun, Carbs = Morning, AM Snack and Lunch only. P+F there after.

This is the plan for WEEK 1.

LR

I’m jealous that you get to get tested for free!

I pretty much ate what I wanted today, but I made sure I didn’t overeat, and got all the goods (veggies, vitamins, healthy fats etc). But because it’s my Birthday, I also had a Coffee cup cake! And some M&Ms.

I made the choice not to go out tonight, or drink because I’m training tomorrow + playing squash, and I don’t want anything to effect my performance. But I’m being taken out for a couple of drinks and a light dinner tomorrow evening, which is OK. I’ll make sure I don’t go overboard, and I’ll have enough rest on Thursday before my Friday workout.

LR

Friday evening as I write this. Finished training about 2 hours ago, and feel a little waisted. I still have to eat dinner, and get to bed early tonight as I have a really long day tomorrow. I’m off to Wales to see the Bad Boy!

Bag Check;

Tickets,
Camera,
Tripod,
iPod,
Book to read during travel,
Note pad for notes and diet tweaking during travel,
Calculator,
Pen,
Gym clothes + change of clothes,
Travel Water Bottle,
Shades,
Hand towel,
Deodorant,
Vits, Pills etc…,

That should be it.

So I wake up at around 4:15 (Spike will be needed) tomorrow morning, and leave my house at around 5am to start my journey to Wales to see Bushido Bad Boy, and get a full professional break down on how efficiently my bones and muscles are working, and more importantly, if they’re working in harmony. I’m sure there’ll be a lot of bone cracking and limb folding involved.

I’ll be able to get a full list of where my weaknesses are, which I’ll post up here. And I’ll be able to pick the right exercises to fix those weaknesses over the coming months.

Just to reiterate, BBB is doing this all for me totally free, which is testament to how generous and honourable the guy is.

I’ll post again tomorrow evening when I get back from Wales!

LR

Good luck! Hope it’s fun.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
Good luck! Hope it’s fun.[/quote]

Yeah, I’ll try my best, when I’m high on Spike of course.

BTW I’ll be posting pics and tape measurements on Sunday morning before my start on Monday. Are you doing weekly weigh in/ measurement updates etc…?

LR

I thought I’d post this video in my log, just to make sure I don’t get put off by all the people that say that Indians can’t build muscle. I know that 95% of Indians are skinny ecto fuckers! I’m just glad that I’m not one of those!

LR

So how’d it go?

Yesterday was a fantastic day, it was a long day due to the travelling, but it was worth it. It was a very educational experience. I learnt so much about myself, the way I train, and the body in general.

I highly recommend that if you get the chance, go and get your self checked out by a Chiropractor or a sports therapist. Just to make sure your not carrying any crucial imbalances and making them worse.

I’m going to start a thread to document the day when I get a chance. I’ll be sure to put a link in here.

LR

Glad it went so well. I am actually looking for a chiropractor in London; any recommendations?

[quote]jbird643 wrote:
Glad it went so well. I am actually looking for a chiropractor in London; any recommendations? [/quote]

I’d actually recommend BBB. I don’t think I’d just want to go and see some random person that I know nothing about, or has no accountability to me. Bushy’s been a member here for a long time, has a lot of respect, and really know’s his stuff.

It’d be a good idea to find someone that’s familiar with or even experienced in lifting weights instead of picking a random dude out of the Yellow Pages. Because most Chiro’s will probably try to convince you to stop lifting weights, instead of recommending ways to do it better.

If you book far enough in advance you can get pretty cheap train tickets as well, and if you’ve never been to Wales, it’ll be a great day out.

LR

Have a look guys!

LR

So today I started on my new cutting diet. It’s a hybrid version of CT’s Regressive Ketogenic Cycle and Lyle McDonald’s Cyclical Ketogentic Diet and outlined in “The Ketogenic Diet” book.

The calories for me, are 1900 a day on CT’s diet, and 2100 a day on Lyles diet, so I’m aiming for 2000 kcals a day, not counting those coming from trace Carbs.

My training is going to be a variation on the Intermediate V-Diet training. It will have some changes to it according to Lyles program guidelines from his book.

I’ll be doing the Monday workout as usual, but the Wednesday workout will be moved to Tuesday, and the Friday workout will be a high rep (15) workout. All this is to maximise Glycogen depletion from the weekend carb-up and get back into Ketosis as quickly as possible.

I’ll also be playing Squash on Wednesdays (practice drills) and Saturday (warm-up and matches), and depending on results on Sunday morning, I may be adding some light Cardio post resistance training.

I’ll be using Ketostix to make sure I stay in Ketosis. It’ll be good for me to see how long it takes my body to get into Ketosis from the start. And also how long it takes after each Carb-up.

I’ve still got to have my dinner today (things are running a little late), training is done. I’ll post macro totals and kcals once I finish dinner.

LR

154g Protein
148.8 g Fat
15.6g Trace Carbs

Total Kcals: 1955 (2017 with trace carbs)

LR

My Ketostix have expired, so I won’t be able to do any Keto tests. I did my second workout today. I thought I’d be a little more fucked up after doing 2 TBT sessions back 2 back. But I’m sure time will tell on that. I’ve eating exactly the same diet as yesterday, so Macro’s will be the same.

I managed to get everything done a little earlier today. Training was finished by 17:43, and I had my PWO shake just before 18:00, so I’m gonna have my dinner in a little while.

My brain fog went away this afternoon, with a sudden energy boost, so I think I may already be in Ketosis, but with no Ketostix to test, I’ll just have to assume it’ll still be another day before I’m there.

154g Protein
149g Fat
15.6g Trace Carbs

Total kcals: 1955 (2017 with trace carbs)

LR

No squash today. Damn kids are on school holidays, and it was raining today, so all the Squash courts were booked up. So I did just under 2 hours of NEPA instead. I’ve got a court booked for 11am tomorrow though, the little shitbags will still be in bed at that time.

142.6g Protein
151.3g Fat
18.8g Trace Carbs

Total kcals: 1932.1 (2007.3 with trace carbs)

LR

Played Squash today. A good hour of pretty intense cardio, so it’s all good. I also got my Ketostix today, the first test showed no trace of Ketones, but the second one did, but it was only trace amounts. But that’s OK, because it means my body is using them instead of just excreting them.

I’m now on the 50% Protein and 50% Fat days, so much better, even with the same amount of calories, your eating a lot more food.

240g Protein
108.3g Fat
19g Trace Carbs

Total Kcals: 1934 (2011 with trace carbs)

LR