Balance/Symmetry

hey all, ive been on T-Nation for a little bit and i want your opinion about my body. ive been told that i have some pretty small arms at 15 inches, but i think theyre symmetrical to the rest of my upper body. my legs are pretty whack so i wont even ask about them because i know theyre whack lol. so basically, here is a back double bi shot of me in july weighing in at 175 pounds at 5’9"

Your back looks pretty good.

Start working your legs.

and this is a shot from the front last sunday at the korean thanksgiving festival in flushing meadows, ny. i was in the korean wrestling competition (i placed 3rd) and my girlfriend took this shot from the crowd. im currently bulking and this is me at 195.

Wow, that’s really weird. Your build looks almost identical to mine. I’m trying to change that though, with lots of heavy squat variations and heavy overhead pressing and direct bicep work. Shoulders and bi’s seem to have always lagged for me, so I’m working them extra hard on top of everything else.

I think you have a good build that could definitely be set off with bigger arms and shoulders, pretty much like mine.

I’ve noticed some arm gains now that I’m working them in some way every day, even if it is just 3 or 4 sets of curls in my room on non-upper body days. The constant stimulation is finally kicking them out of their plateau, but they’ve still always been the hardest part on my body to develop. Chest, back, and tris grow like weeds.

Hope that helps.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Your back looks pretty good.
thanks[/quote]

well, its not that i dont work my legs, its more that when i started working out, i had a weider bench, an olympic bar set, some weights and a pair of adjustable dumbells in my attic. didnt have much room to work my legs without a squat rack and whatnot, but im bringing them up to par with my upper body.

[quote]alownage wrote:
Wow, that’s really weird. Your build looks almost identical to mine. I’m trying to change that though, with lots of heavy squat variations and heavy overhead pressing and direct bicep work. Shoulders and bi’s seem to have always lagged for me, so I’m working them extra hard on top of everything else.[/quote]
yeah that is pretty weird lol.

thanks, and i think bigger arms can benefit anybody lol

mm ic, but arent you afraid of overtraining? anyway, good luck with your arm training

thanks for your input

About the overtraining: It seems no matter how hard I work my biceps (even doing tons of supersets and accessory work), they don’t get sore. I figure I’m young enough, eat enough, and sleep enough to not worry about overtraining. Currently I don’t do anything besides lift (no sports etc.) so I think that factors in as well.

[quote]alownage wrote:
About the overtraining: It seems no matter how hard I work my biceps (even doing tons of supersets and accessory work), they don’t get sore. I figure I’m young enough, eat enough, and sleep enough to not worry about overtraining. Currently I don’t do anything besides lift (no sports etc.) so I think that factors in as well.[/quote]

well the thing is, sorenees isnt the only measurement of a good workout, but if it works for you thats awesome.

you need to get bigger tris