T Nation

Bakuhatsu's First Cycle Log

After seeking some advice from some users on the forums and finding a decent source I’m all but ready to start my first cycle on the 5th Jan 2009.

Stats:

Height: 173cm (5’8")
Weight: 172lbs (13/14% body fat)

History:

Major endo. Around 2002 I was weighing somewhere in the region of 110-120kg (240-260lbs) and over 2 years cut back to 145lbs… To be honest, it was too much and in the quest for abs I over did it since I have a bunch of loose skin (yeah it sucks…) that can’t be dieted off. Got a clue and started training properly around 3 to 4 years ago. My split is

Mon: 20-30 cardio @ 120bpm, abs
Tue: Chest, Biceps, grip or forearm work
Wed: Quads, Hams, Calves
Thu: 20-30 cardio @ 120bpm, abs
Fri: Back, Triceps
Sat: Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Sun: OFF

I’m going to switch Thurs to a training day. The question is, right away or after the test kicks in? Also I squat and dead on Weds - the plan is to move the deads elsewhere (I squat first).

Diet:

Meal 1: 75g oatmeal, 125g frozen blueberries, 100g cabbage, 300g egg whites, 50g egg yolk, Animal Pak (80g carb, 40g protein, 15g fat)

Meal 2: 200g green veg, 1 piece of fruit (I vary this), 300g cottage cheese, 5 fish oil tabs (30g carb, 50g protein, 15g fat)

Meal 3: 200g green veg, 150g chicken breast, brown rice, 5g fish oil tabs (50g carb, 50g protein, 10g fat)

Meal 4: 200g dice tomatoes, 200g tuna, 200g sweet potato (50g carb, 50g protein, negligible fat)

Meal 5: (During / PWO) 40g Isopure, 60g dextrose, 10g BCAA, 5g creatine, 5g glutamine

Meal 6: 75g oatmeal, 125g mixed berries, 150g chicken breast, mushrooms or veg. (80g carb, 50g protein, negligible fat)

Meal 7: 80g casein (optimum), 30g flax seed meal, 5g fish oil tabs, 30 natural peanut butter (negligible carb, 60g protein, 30g fat)

Calories: 4000 40/40/20 ish. 400g protein, 400g carbs, 120g fat

Cycle:

I thought about only running 8 weeks and no d-bol. I figure I might as well try and get the most out of my first cycle.

I have Nolva on hand. I was considering peaking to possible 600mg/750mg for a few weeks around weeks 8-10. Any thoughts?

W 1-12 Test Enth 250mg E3D
W 1-4 Dbol 10mg 3x/d
W 1-14 Adex 0.25mg EOD

Stasis

W 13-17 Test Enth 50mg E3D

Taper

w 18 Test Enth 40mg E3D
w 19 Test Enth 30mg E3D
w 20 Test Enth 25mg E3D
w 21 Test Enth 20mg E3D
w 22 Test Enth 15mg E3D
w 23 Test Enth 10mg E3D

I’m still tempted to go for a straight Nolva PCT from week 13 for 4 weeks. I know some people have had great results from the stasis > taper but also from ‘standard’ PCTs… I’ll think this one over and it’ll probably be clearer during the cycle.

Questions: (Sorry)

• is 4000 calories enough? I’m eating around 3200 right now and still slowly gaining (around a lb a week). Understanding AAS gives a certain degree of wiggle room (how much I really don’t know) should I start higher (5000) and bring it down if fat gain becomes an issue? Also; carbs in meal 7? I’ve um’d and ah’d over this one for a while… It’s still very much in the post training window… would I benefit from carbs in this meal over fats?

• What would be the best way to taper off adex running into the statis? Just run 0.125mg for week 15 or possibly extend this for another week to week 16?

I’m sure I have a bunch more questions (especially once the cycle starts), but I thought I’d throw this out there for my own benefit as well as those interested in reading these kind of threads; especially if the vets chime in!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hi BBB,

So the taper would be the more sensible option with a 12 week cycle? Would it be beneficial to run the SERM at the start of the taper at all?

Cheers.

[quote]Bakuhatsu wrote:
Hi BBB,

So the taper would be the more sensible option with a 12 week cycle? Would it be beneficial to run the SERM at the start of the taper at all?

Cheers. [/quote]

I believe the general consensus is that there can be some benefits to running a SERM during the taper. I personally had no problem at all recovering from basically the identical first cycle you have proposed (great cycle, I might add :wink: using the same test enth I was shooting the entire time.

See how you’re doing. If things seem to be sailing along smoothly, then you won’t need to waste your nolva. If you’re feeling a loss of libido and trouble with seminal volume or testicle size (which I seriously doubt you will have much of a problem of with this cycle), then you can think about adding the nolva in as an added measure.

A lot of the questions you ask are just things you are going to have to figure out for yourself. There are general principles which we can learn from the experiences of others, and then there are the stark realities of conducting these sorts of “experiments” on ourselves.

Your cycle looks great, bud. You have nothing to worry about. Eat enough (my personal opinion is more than 4000 calories and you can drop it down if you are not liking the results you are getting), train hard enough, and stick to your plan and you WILL get some amazing results.

Take before pictures, too, even if you don’t post them here. Trust me, you will thank yourself. And me for suggesting it :wink:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

A lot of the questions you ask are just things you are going to have to figure out for yourself. There are general principles which we can learn from the experiences of others, and then there are the stark realities of conducting these sorts of “experiments” on ourselves.

Your cycle looks great, bud. You have nothing to worry about. Eat enough (my personal opinion is more than 4000 calories and you can drop it down if you are not liking the results you are getting), train hard enough, and stick to your plan and you WILL get some amazing results.

Take before pictures, too, even if you don’t post them here. Trust me, you will thank yourself. And me for suggesting it ;)[/quote]

Without a doubt I think a lot of the questions will be a lot more apparent once I get started. Agreed on the calories too. I’m was mulling over how to actually bump them up. Typically I’d start adding more carbs to either breakfast or pre and post workout. I’m tempted to add some ‘snacks’ between meals too; hand full of mixed nuts, raisins/fruit.

Annoyingly, since most of my family is sick, I’ve picked up a cold… doesn’t feel too bad so hopefully I’ll have it cleared up by the 5th.

Super early gym time for me… it was packed last night and ended up having to fudge my plan around so I’m going to get there early and get it down. AM squats and deads. hmm.

All ready to go tomorrow. I’m quite nervous about my first injection (as I think most people are) but I’m sure, like everyone else, I’ll wonder what all the fuss was about once it’s done. I’m going to inject the glutes first up.

I’ll chime in tomorrow and let people know how it’s going.

Cortes - I’ll try and get some pics up too.

Did my first shot this morning… my hand was shaking so bad that I went a little low into my right glute and drew some blood. I withdrew, pushed the blood out, re-pinned, drew a small amount of test and shot higher with no problems. Just feels like someone booted me in the arse… twice. :wink:

Welcome to the dark side.

You’re on your way.

As always thanks for chiming in, Cortes.

Back in the gym tomorrow after 5/6 days out.

Just realised I didn’t strech the skin while injecting… will remember for next time.

Thinking about adding an extra day of training. How does this look:

Day 1: Chest, Biceps
Day 2: Quads, Calves
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Middle / Upper Back, Triceps
Day 5: Lower Back, Hams
Day 6: Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Day 7: OFF

I need to bring everything up but especially my arms. I’m currently squatting and deadlifting on day 2.

I would consider frontloading the test e. It can take a long time to kick in.

Hi DM,

I figured I would use dbol to kickstart my cycle though I’d never considered frontloading. It’ll be interesting to see how quick it kicks in for me since some people feel it almost instantly and others 3-4 weeks into the cycle.

Out of interest, how much would you frontload and for how many weeks?

Frontloads are best done (IMO) all in the first shot… this way the peak levels are attained from day one.

I use roid.com but i find that for the mid/long commonly used esters (cyp/enanth/deca) that if you shoot a little over double the planned first shot amount you will be close.

I like to be exact personally, but it isnt necessary… :wink:

Brook

That’s what I figured.

I’m the same about being exact. I have a billion spreadsheets and one specifically for the cycle that calcs half life etc so I can see exactly where I’m at.

I think I’m going to stick to the cycle I laid out but alter my stasis as mentioned in another thread by waiting until my test levels to drop to ~100 before adding the 50mg/eod to the mix. I also thought about tapering off adex into week 13 AND 14 then running a SERM.

Even though it’s only day 3 of the cycle I’m noticing a little water retention but mostly in my face. Training was solid last night (chest, biceps). It definitely felt good to be back in the gym after a week away. Is anyone actually interested in my training logs?

I want to shoot Ventroglute on Thu but I’m not really sure I have the confidence to get it right; It’s a pretty itimidating location since it’s not as ‘visible’ as the others. I may bottle it and go quads. Glute is a bit sore still but not to the extent it’s going to affect my training.

Bill Roberts uses the following calculation for frontload:

(weekly dosage x half-life / 7) + interval dosage = frontload dose

So in your case the first dose would look like this:

(583mg per week x 8 / 7) + 250mg = 900mg test E frontload dose.

Your second dose after the frontload will be the 3rd day later and the regular 250mg. Continue that dose E3D for the duration.

This frontload gets blood levels up to the level you would be at after 4 to 5 weeks immediately.

dbol is a great motivator in the gym in my experience. Your training will be great for the dbol duration. I did basically the same cycle as you and put on close to 20 lbs during the dbol phase without frontloading the test e. I would frontload in a subsequent cycle. Why wait for levels to climb when it is in your power to be at the desired level immediately? That is Bill Robert’s logic and it makes a lot of sense.

I love the ventroglute site. I locate it by triangulating 3 bone sites and pinning in the center of that area. I feel for the round socket at the top of the femur, then the front of the pelvic arch, finally the rear of the pelvic arch. You can make a mark with the cap of a pen or other round object, swab then shoot. Never had a problem there. Never any pain either. Here is a pic I think DG posted at one point.

Cortes gave some great advice too.

"Here’s my method for finding it. Say you will pin your left ventroglute: Stand. Put your weight on your right leg and relax the left. Using the left hand (pinning with right), put your thumb on your iliac crest (the pelvic bone). Now use your middle finger to find your trochanter (top of the femur). If you abduct and adduct your left leg you’ll be able to feel it.

Once you have your fingers in these positions, put your index finger directly in the middle of this spot. You should feel soft tissue there when relaxed, and you should be able to flex this by tensing your leg muscles, and the spot will become firm. That’s your spot.

Keep your weight on your right leg and pin. If you are decently lean any needle between 1" and 1.5" will work great."

More great advice, DM. Thanks! Would frontloading replace the need for dbol in this case? You’ll have to excuse me if I say newbie things, since I’m still learning. I know users might often kickstart a cycle with a shoter ester too.

I have that picture (and a bunch of others) from a thread Prisoner had I think titled “Site Injections” or sometihng.

I can actually find the spot, flex the area and feel it tense. I think it’s just because I’m a pinning newbie that I’m worried.

Food wise 5000 clean calories is pretty easy… I cut back a little on green vegetables. I doubled my water intake too but already finding myself lot more thirsty anyway (effect of AAS?).

Legs today. Would it be ok, this early in the cycle, to add an extra training day? I was possible considering doing 5 days straight, then 2 days off.

[quote]Bakuhatsu wrote:
More great advice, DM. Thanks! Would frontloading replace the need for dbol in this case? You’ll have to excuse me if I say newbie things, since I’m still learning. I know users might often kickstart a cycle with a shoter ester too, right?

I have that picture (and a bunch of others) from a thread Prisoner had I think titled “Site Injections” or sometihng.

I can actually find the spot and flex the area and feel it tense. I think it’s just because I’m a pinning newbie that I’m worried.

Food wise 5000 clean calories is pretty easy… I cut back a little on green vegetables. I doubled my water intake too but already finding myself lot more thirsty anyway (effect of AAS?).

Legs today. Would it be ok, this early in the cycle, to add an extra training day? I was possible considering doing 5 days straight, then 2 days off. [/quote]

add whatever you want, listen to your body, if you need an extra day take it if you need extra day of rest take that too.

Sound advice!

I’ve been lazy with the pics… Here’s typical bad mirror shot from Aug 08. I probably won’t post too many pics since I value my anonymity. I’m a little bigger than that now and a little softer perhaps.