'Bailout' Voted Down

Several Dems, surprisingly 1 of Maine’s 2 sycophants voted against it. Putting the blame on the Republicans is disingenuous at best.

Initial reports are that Pelesbo had the votes she needed, or very close to, until she delivered her scathing partisan speech-- ie. opened up her fat pie hole and spewed her vitriol.

[quote]hedo wrote:
Listening to the Dems press conference. They are ducking responsibility for this like a swinging axe. It’s sad to watch really.

All Bush’s fault, Republicans fault blah…blah…blah.

Dam you know you are in trouble when the msm doesn’t even believe you anymore.[/quote]

OH yes indeed my friend. UN&%^#@^%*&$REAL.

Barney Frank is a soulless, conscienceless bureaucrat.

yah, exactly. Barney (“pig at the trough looking for more slop”) Frank: “the cause of this crisis is housing foreclosures.” Fucknut.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Several Dems, surprisingly 1 of Maine’s 2 sycophants voted against it. Putting the blame on the Republicans is disingenuous at best.

Initial reports are that Pelesbo had the votes she needed, or very close to, until she delivered her scathing partisan speech-- ie. opened up her fat pie hole and spewed her vitriol.[/quote]

Something like 95 dems voted against it. Good for them. I mean that.

Congress can only be blamed for what they elect to spend. The Fed is the larger problem that government has no control over.

Even without the bailout package the Fed is going to float $630 billion to banks. The kicker is that no banks are willing to lend so it will do little good.

I can’t believe our government actually made an intelligent decision. It has to be the first one in at least 25 years.

One Congressman stated that the phone calls they were getting were 9 to 1 against the bailout. Someones keeping his job!

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You must be a Wall Street fat cat, huh?

I WISH! But maybe I am believing too much of what is being said, that if nothing is done we will be facing 20% unemployment and the gears of the economy will grind to a dead stop.

We were talking about this in class today. My finance professor said something to the effect that even though we are damned if we do, we will be totally fucked if we don’t.

You know, everyone is saying that this is a crisis that is on par with the Great Depression, yet these same people don’t seem to care enough to actually do something about it.[/quote]

That is my understanding of what is to happen. Predictions are that it will be worse than the Great Depression.

Part of me wonders how our current society would cope if we have to suffer for a decade or so?

Anyway, I’m sure some form of the bill will be passed by the end of the week.

People need to understand that the Dow Jones is not the economy.

[quote]Christine wrote:
Predictions are that it will be worse than the Great Depression.
[/quote]

Well no matter what happens shit is going to hit the fan. If you’ll allow the use of an analogy to help the explanation:

Essentially, the taxpayers are holding back a damn that is about to burst and the bailout amounts congress taking water from a stream and diverting it to an already over-swollen reservoir. When the damn does eventually burst (and it will) the amount of destruction will be dependent on the amount of water being held back by the taxpayers. No matter what everyone is going to get wet.

It is better that it bursts now and everyone be able to dry off as soon as possible.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
People need to understand that the Dow Jones is not the economy.[/quote]

Good point. It is just an indicator of how investors feel about certain companies.

Still it sucks to lose money on the loss in value of one’s stock.

Yeah, as of 3:45, I lost a relative shit-ton…

Hey! It’s almost time for some protein, I gotta go to the gym in awhile!

Yikes not a good day for my investments

But looking at the price of some of these prime companies is tempting.

Must. Stick. To. Paying. Off. Debt. And. Don’t. Put. Savings. Into. Market.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:

Must. Stick. To. Paying. Off. Debt. And. Don’t. Put. Savings. Into. Market.[/quote]

Dave Ramsay is smiling at you.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:

Must. Stick. To. Paying. Off. Debt. And. Don’t. Put. Savings. Into. Market.[/quote]

Yeah this isn’t the bottom.

This whole situation is pretty entertaining no matter how it plays out. You’ve got massive turmoil in congress, everyone is just voting however they want and disregarding party leadership, tons of voters calling in to say they hate this, etc…

One funny bit was the above mentioned Pelosi tard-speech blaming everything on the Bush administration. Obviously not the best time for a partisan speech if you want Republicans to vote with you. But what might be even funnier, is that the Republicans actually cited her speech as the reason Repubs didn’t vote for it…lol! She hurt my feelings, I’m not voting for it! Is that the type of reasoning employed?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
The longer they take the better.

The longer this goes without North America disappearing the more opposition will grow.

I’ll say again.

Let it all crash n burn so it might rise from the ashes with a new outlook.

Social engineering gets us here and somehow now financial engineering will get us out?

The good news for the GOP is that the public hates this idea, which actually heartens me, and the more the Dems point fingers of blame at them the better for the Republicans who actually have the citizens on their side on this one.[/quote]

I thought it was moral to be poor. Give away all your wealth, help the needy, be selfless in your actions.

Hollywood preaches that at us all the time. Every moral authority has said that for centuries and centuries.

Money is the root of all evil. So, we’re all now a little less evil. Soon, we’re going to be a LOT less evil.

Unless you sold almost everything and went to t-bills last week…

[quote]Christine wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
You must be a Wall Street fat cat, huh?

I WISH! But maybe I am believing too much of what is being said, that if nothing is done we will be facing 20% unemployment and the gears of the economy will grind to a dead stop.

We were talking about this in class today. My finance professor said something to the effect that even though we are damned if we do, we will be totally fucked if we don’t.

You know, everyone is saying that this is a crisis that is on par with the Great Depression, yet these same people don’t seem to care enough to actually do something about it.

That is my understanding of what is to happen. Predictions are that it will be worse than the Great Depression.

Part of me wonders how our current society would cope if we have to suffer for a decade or so?

Anyway, I’m sure some form of the bill will be passed by the end of the week.[/quote]

Something tells me we’ll survive, with perhaps a bit more character. Either way, “predictions” are worthless.

I’ve been streaming CNBC all day - what a bunch of transparent, partisan hacks they are.

No, this isn’t the bottom - but on the other hand, it will be extremely difficult to time that.

[quote]Noodle_Arms wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:

Must. Stick. To. Paying. Off. Debt. And. Don’t. Put. Savings. Into. Market.

Yeah this isn’t the bottom. [/quote]

But this is close to the bottom to start buying. So you miss the bottom by a couple of bucks. You’ll probably miss the top, too - but a person who sees this as w wonderful opportunity will make a bunch of money, regardless.

I am ecstatic over the vote. I called my representative yesterday to make damn sure he was one of those evil house republicans that was throwing a fit. He was. The rep in the district just to the south of us made a point of getting on the Lubbock radio stations to tell everyone listening that he would never vote for this kind of takeover of the private markets.

On a great note, oil is down to $95/barrel - a free fall of over $10/barrel and the Euro is crashing against the dollar.

I hope there is a special place in hell for that fucking cunt Pelosi, and her sister Barney Frank. Lying pieces of shit, the both of them.

Kudos to the regular american voter.