Bagsy's Training Log

Good question. Not during a string of PRs, for sure

2 Likes

Have you considered laying low on conditioning in order to focus on strength? @anna_5588’s log in the earlier parts has lots of advice on that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
@Bagsy it’s a trainwreck

1 Like

Looks like she’s smoking PRs right now though. Maybe play that card when this stalls?

1 Like

Ooops! Yeah, my bad. Agreed!

1 Like

@anna_5588 Wow, yeah, I’ve caught up on a lot of your log. You seem quite popular around here! Maybe your parents would let you buy heavier adjustable dumbbells once they become available and if you have enough money? Those don’t take up too much space, and you can do a lot with them.

@TrainForPain Okay, fair enough, haha. Though I must say I don’t manage PRs as often as this short log has suggested so far.

@whang Wow, you got that right. Very interesting conversation over there. I like to think I don’t do too much – hill sprints once per week and a few Assault bike rides per week. I also get a decent number of steps per day but those are via easy walking.

I’m probably a tiny bit of a fatphobe, but I’ve loosened up immensely over the past year. Wasted a couple years of lifting where I made virtually no progress, and I regret it. I think I was too self-conscious in college. So not worth it.

2 Likes

Careful now, those words will make people doubt that you really do just little. They eerily resemble @anna_5588’s words :lol:

On a more serious note, Wendler and Dave Tate always advocated some sort of light conditioning even for powerlifters since they both know it ties into gaining strength really well, so you’re safe there

Just stick around, be nice, drop into other people’s logs, and you’ll meet a lot of nice, knowledgeable, and strong AF people around here. You can pick up a lot of good stuff lifting-wise from the active Training Logs. Flame Free Confession Thread always has some sort of conversation/banter going around among the active members too

3 Likes

Deload session 1 today.

Squat
35x5
85x5
100x5
110x3
125x1
140x1

Press
35x5
45x5
52.5x3
57.5x3
65x1

3x6 pullups
3x6 dips
50 band pull aparts

Working up this week to what will be my TMs for BtM. Squat didn’t move as well as I wanted, but everything else felt very easy.

Deload session 2.

Squat
35x6
85x5
100x3x5

Bench
35x6
55x5
70x5
85x3
90x1
100x1

3x6 pullups
2x8 pushups
50 band pull aparts

I don’t deadlift on deload weeks anymore. It’s indeed lazy, but ever since I set up an apartment gym I have carried all the plates and the barbell to my elevator and down to the building’s lower level garage. I don’t think it’s worth it to do that on a deload, and I don’t think it’s negatively impacted me.

BtM W1D1

100 pullups

Press
35x8
47.5x5
52.5x5
60x5
47.5x16

Squat
35x8
85x5
100x5
110x5
125x5x5

70 dips + 35 pushups
100 pull aparts

Now I remember how much this program sucks. I took video of the 1st and 5th top sets squat sets, the top and backoff press sets, and some dips and pullups.

3 Likes

Conditioning day.

7 rounds of 20s on:20s off on assault bike.

2 Likes

The assault bike at my gym has a tabata 20w-10r button on it that automatically does 8 rounds. 2 go-throughs of that, aka 16 minutes, is more than enough to want to die. Best conditioning machine in the gym, IMO.

1 Like

DAMN! I’ve only ever gotten 6 rounds done before slowing down considerably

@flappinit Yes, my assault bike has the same default interval. Sometimes I do 10s rest, sometimes 20s. They are both unpleasant. I’ve never tried 2 sets like you do though, maybe will try next time.

@anna_5588 Anyone who can maintain nearly top speed for each round is surely not human!

1 Like

BtM W1D2

Deadlift
125x5
145x5
170x5
190x3x5

Bench
35x8
55x5
70x5
80x5
90x5x5

SA BB Row
40x13,12,12,11,10
BB Curl
45x15,11,10
35x16,14,17,17

Still so sore from day 1. Already looking forward to when this program is over. Day 2 is annoying because I don’t have the means to superset any of the work, so it runs much longer than it should. On the bright side, handling those weights on the top sets of DL and bench is something I’ve never done before.

2 Likes

Conditioning day.

A moderate 100 cal on assault bike in 12:13. I think that’s the fastest I’ve completed this. Didn’t have time to do much more than this today – long day at work ahead.

2 Likes

BtM W1D3

8x3 +10 pullups

Squat
35x6
85x5
100x5
110x5
125x5
100x20

Press
47.5x12,11,10,9,8

BB Shrug
85x5x20

100 pull aparts

I decided I’m going to do the widowmaker on this day at FSL. I’m embarrassingly better at reps than intensity, so this percentage isn’t super challenging to me. Also gonna do the prescribed press reps however possible on this day. I’ve done this program before and feel okay about making those changes.

Also, I’m bad at weighted pullups and don’t feel like I get much out of the shrugs.

2 Likes

Also did conditioning this afternoon – 5 hill sprints after doing some jumps. Probably should have done something easier, but I have time to recover. The program does not mention jumps, but I figure they should be done.

1 Like

If you’re doing some low volume plyometric jumps, you can put the jumps as part of warm up before you squat or deadlift

I usually did box jumps and med ball throws before lifting when I went to a gym. Now that I don’t, I just do tuck and broad jumps outside. I hope I can get a box again when I move and home gym equipment demand isn’t so high