Operator W3D3
Pull-ups +10x3x3
Press 62.5x3x3
Front squat 125x3x3
Deadlift 210x3x3
3x20 BPA
SA KB press 14kgx4x5

PM
Took the dog running for 2.5 miles (not all in one go)

13 Likes

4/28
Operator W4D1
Pull-ups 3x6
Press 52.5x3x5
Front squat 105x3x5
Standing ab wheel 3x3
BPA 3x20

So thankful that the weights are lighter this week. I did the bare minimum today; I barely slept last night and am feeling overwhelmed again right now. :clown_face:

10 Likes
  1. It’s Friday
  2. Your mind is not your friend
2 Likes

I actually haven’t listened to it yet! What do you think?

I don’t know.

I listened to it while working on some stuff that was boggling my mind, so I don’t think I’ve given it the proper attention. I like both songs that Phoebe is on but I want more of her. Tangent but I would love to see Lucy collaborate with some of these bigger artists, I love her voice/sound. The Alcott is one of the more upbeat (that isn’t the right word) ones, Swift is actually audible and important to the song.

Initial impression is that it is (just) good, pretty listenable but definitely not going to overtake any of their classics. I liked I Am Easy to Find better right off the bat but I’ll give this a few more listens before making any final judgments.

I’m actually not very into I Am Easy to Find, so maybe that means I will love it!

I’m not sure if they can ever top Boxer, TWFM, and SWB. But I am excited and open-minded nonetheless. The boygenius record lowered my expectations a lot, so I think this album will be A Semi-Win even if only one or two of the non-singles resonates with me somewhat.

1 Like

I was looking at rankings of their albums today, I don’t know how I rank them but plan to resolve that. I like SWB but put at least High Violet above it along with the other 2 in your list! Did you ever get boygenius tickets?

4/29
AM
At the track: Some jumps, 4x600m resets (2:19, 2:19, 2:22, 2:17), and 95s plank

I need to be less of a wuss and add a rep or two the next time I do this workout.

PM
Ran another hilly two miles in 15:45 while listening to The National’s new record for the first time :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

4/30
Operator W4D2
Pull-ups 3x7
Press 52.5x3x5
Front squat 105x3x5
BPA 3x20
Push-ups 5x10

10 Likes

Blasphemy!

It’s okay. We all have our own opinions, and sometimes opinions are wrong. For some reason, SWB seems to be an underappreciated album. I think it’s great!

I listened to the new record several times now. It’s never going to be my favorite of theirs, but there is a lot to like about it. Much better than the boygenius release. I think it is good to keep in mind that Matt had a tough time writing, and this album almost never existed. Among the non-singles, I love This Isn’t Helping, Alien, Ice Machines, and Once Upon a Poolside. The Alcott is very Not Good though, haha.

No, I am Poor. If they ever tour again together in non-festival style, I will go out of my way to attend, but I doubt I’ll end up going this summer.

2 Likes

So much hostility on Sunday evening @Bagsy!

I actually enjoy it, I don’t understand why it’s on this album at all but as a stand-alone, sure.

Not sure if capitalization is working as emphasis or if you’re trying to create a bagsy language where you get weird and capitalize all adjectives. I understand it though, I’m less excited about the show than I was when I bought the tickets, splurging would be hard to justify. Still booked an AirBnB and corresponding 7 hour drive today but I wish I like the record more lol

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s a perpetual skip for me. Otherwise the album demands that I listen to it in full, which I have done since Saturday! It’s not my favorite album of theirs by any means, but it’s grown on me a lot. Even the singles seem even better in context of the whole record. I really like Alien and This Isn’t Helping. I think that critics have been too harsh on the band.

Who knows, maybe it will grow on you before you go. You still have some time. Honestly, I think I have listened to the non-singles once or twice since they released the album. Oh well. :sweat_smile: I also have become increasingly less convinced that festival settings are worth the money. I did attend a fest last year and thought it was worth it, but I am picky about this and would honestly much rather travel for an artist’s own show. Of course, this run seems very boygenius-focused anyway, but I dunno.

2 Likes

5/1
LSS run: six miles in 50:33

5/3
AM
Operator W4D3
Pull-ups 3x7
Press 52.5x3x5 (I was supposed to push press but forgot…)
Front squat 105x3x5
Deadlift 180x3x5
Standing ab wheel 3x3
SA KB press 14kgx2x5
BPA 3x20

PM
Five hill sprints sprinkled with 3x10 push-ups

PM part II
3-minute AMRAP six-count burpees: 28
3-minute rest
2-minute AMRAP six-count burpees: 18
2-minute rest
1-minute AMRAP six-count burpees: 10

5/4
Ran two miles with the dog

13 Likes

Laaaaaame

Same! I really didn’t think I’d end up liking it this much but I’ve listened to it (and a few of their other albums) a ton since this released And it’s grown on me with each listen. Enjoy both of those songs a lot and enjoy the flow of the album generally.

They aren’t. 100 a ticket a day, 200 a night for an Airbnb, food, and drink. All of the sudden you’re spending 1k to see 5 artists in mediocre venues, get a sunburn and eat subpar food.

2 Likes

5/5
Operator W5D1
Pull-ups +10x3x3
Push press 77.5x3x3
Front squat 120x3x3
BPA 3x20
Standing ab wheel 2x5

5/6
At the track: Jumps, 7x400m (1:31,1:29,1:32,1:23,1:31,1:28,1:28), 95s plank

13 Likes

Was it supposed to be that weight?
If so, congratulations. That’s a cool mind trick for sneaking up on a PR.

Nah, as weak as I am overhead, that is a relatively light weight for pressing and far too light for a push press.

1 Like

Gotcha. So how are your loads regulated? By feel the day of? Or a percentage of something?

It’s a percentage-based program. 70/80/90/75/85/95% for six weeks. I base it off my expected 1RM.

1 Like

5/7
Operator W5D2
Pull-ups +10x5x3
Press 60x5x3
Front squat 120x3x3
Push-ups 3x10
BPA 3x20

5/8
Six-mile run 51:24

5/9
3.5-mile run 27:15