Thanks! I’m very much built only to deadlift lol

2 Likes

1/17
Deep Water Beginner W6D2
Pullups 9,8,8,8
BB row 80x4x10
Clean pull 115x3x10
3x60s plank + 3 standing ab wheel, no rest

Yesterday’s deadlifts + 20k steps at the park knocked me out last night. I probably won’t do anything else today besides a long walk.

11 Likes

1/18
AM
Deep Water Beginner W6D3
Press from the floor 47.5x10x10, 2 min rest
BB curl 50x5x10
Lateral raises
5x20 band pull aparts
3x60s plank + 20 situps, no rest

Done with all the Deep Water days now, feels good. Planning to run hills later

PM
Six hill sprints
1km cooldown

That sucked. I thought that the ground would be dry by now after Friday evening’s snow. It was still sloppy. Almost decided to do 400m repeats instead, but on my way there I was listening to Dan and Pat’s podcast about gamechangers, which include hill sprints, so I decided to stick to the plan. I saw stars near the end of my last rep. Fun.

18 Likes

Congrats! That final Deep Water day is such a relief. You’ve come out transformed.

Thanks, it definitely is. I appreciate you popularizing the program!

1 Like

Great job Bagsy!!! You crushed Deep Water!!
Most would cower at the demands of the program.

Thanks, Tim. It was great to see what you and others achieved on the DW programs, and it will be a go-to for me in the future.

2 Likes

Wow, I am beat now. I am looking forward to a major deload. Being bedridden will be nice for a day or two, I think. I will try to hang on to this momentum for the next week.

6 Likes

1/19
3x8 pullups
Deep Water Beginner W6D4
Bench 87.5x3x10, 3 min rest
Close grip 77.5x3x10
Seated press 47.5x3x10
Dips 14,10,9
Pushups 3x6
5x20 band pull aparts
3x60s plank + 3 standing ab wheel, no rest

15 min 70# sandbag carry, >1k steps

Sets 1 and 3 of bench.

A good way to end DW. I was able to get all the reps on bench, unlike last time, and I increased the weight on close grip. The seated press reps felt easier than before. Maybe I’ll write more about my experience with the program overall later, though I don’t think I have anything out of the ordinary to say.

I really should get more weight for the sandbag. It’s such a pain to buy the pea gravel because that means I have to haul it home, but it is what it is.

15 Likes

Awesome work on deepwater, you killed it

1 Like

@Koestrizer

14 Likes

As someone who has almost no eye-foot coordination I find this insanely impressive.

1 Like

Thanks! Many hours of practice from very long ago. I am surprised I still remember how to do it.

1 Like

Yeah count me in as impressed!! If I’m being 100% honest, I was expecting the kind of air dribbling where the ball barely leaves the foot when you told me those insane numbers. This is something entirely different.

1 Like

Thanks! I like to think I am very honest on here.

1 Like

Holy crap!
That’s impressive

1 Like

I didn’t mean to imply any dishonesty. You never specified how exactly you’re dribbling looked like. I jumped to the conclusion you would have done it in the easiest (most efficient) way to maximize contacts.

1/20

Juarez Valley front squats, top set 105x10. Did five burpees between sets. Finished in 15:50.

100 cal assault bike 13:00

10 Likes

Haha, no hard feelings dude. Apologies if that seemed accusatory. Do you also think I only string together the simplest German sentences? :wink:

It doesn’t happen much, especially as I am fairly realistic about my lifting abilities – but if I say I am good at something, I mean it.

2 Likes

But if you say you aren’t good at something… turns out you are and just live in denial?
Lol 105x10 FS - and given your weight… you are.

At least you’re willing to admit being good at whatever that was!! (Illiterate re sports, but that clearly required talent and practice)