170x3
195x14

Belt squat
+45x17
+40x13
+35x16

Dips 13,13,10,12
Band pull aparts 3x20

I didn’t feel my strongest today and sort of regret not going for a 15th rep. It was still the greatest number of reps I’ve pulled with 195. 200x14 sounds much better though. Next week is another huge test with 205. I’m dealing with a nasty knot in my upper back right now, so I let myself off the hook today on the pulling assistance.

Again, even though I deadlifted double overhand and didn’t have a belt back then, the difference between June 2020 and now is noticeable:

13 Likes

Yes, noticeable difference for sure, but more importantly…just how many different basements have you trained in?

Ha, that’s a parking garage. So I got to witness all the weird looks from people as they watched me lug a bunch of plates down there so I could deadlift near their cars.

1 Like

6x200m runs
2km cooldown

Absolute bogus. Rain started pouring as soon as I started my intervals and didn’t stop. I’m drenched. Everything felt like slow motion and like I didn’t do anything at all. I guess it was a mental exercise more than anything else. I wasn’t the only weirdo at the track; two kids and their father were running around the track too. The guy told me I seemed committed, so I guess my ego was fed if nothing else.

3 Likes

You’re solidly into LLYL territory. :+1:

(Look like you lift)

Especially when you’re lifting.

I appreciate you!

1 Like

I haven’t had a knot this bad in years. The pain kept waking me up in the middle of the night :unamused: I tried rolling it out and stretching yesterday, but it seems to have made it worse.

1 Like

OG C2W2D3

50 pullups

Bench
35x6
70x3
80x3
90x9
70x19

Standing ab wheel progression 12,9,7
Band pull aparts 5x20

50 pushups

I slept for nine hours last night :slight_smile: my back still aches but did the pullups anyway. The tightness also made benching uncomfortable because the knot includes my shoulder blade. I like to think I could have squeezed out one more rep if that weren’t a factor, which isn’t too bad. I want to regularly bench 90 for 10+ reps. The widowmaker set was good.

7 Likes

Much better track session today. The weather is great.

Some jumps
2x450m (15 min rest between reps) both < 1:40
2x200m

These “event runs,” the 450s and the split 400s, are the worst… probably because they’re most like the actual 400m (hence the name), and the 400m is not fun. But these runs are good at exposing my weaknesses. Those extra 50m make a difference…

6 Likes

OG C2W2D4

Front squat
35x5
85x3
100x3
115x13 PR
85x15

SA KB Press 12kgx4x8

SA BB Row +50x2x15

Tabata KB swings 20kg

I improved by one rep since last cycle on the PR set and think I had one left in reserve. My back is still tight but felt okay enough to row again. I decided to combine conditioning with the single leg/core assistance because I am short on time today but for good reason – my newish friend and I are going hiking. Super excited!

This cycle has gone by really quickly. I feel like I have never balanced my conditioning and weightroom pursuits as well as I have in the past couple months. I don’t know why that is because I have not dramatically changed anything. After the next week I will take a break from PRs, maybe return Easy Strength or a three day template again to hone in on my 400m training. I want to really push myself for the last 5-6 weeks of the year, so I am considering BBB again or might even try something like MMS.

12 Likes

Fun hike. Nothing super strenuous, but this was my second time hanging out with this person, who I think also doesn’t know I lift or anything. Not too far from where we live. It was nice to just get out there. The leaves haven’t changed colors here yet.

9 Likes

Great. Smashing the FS and bench. Hope the back eases up soon.

Thanks for the words! I’m rooting for you in your race to the 3 plate squat.

1 Like

Strong AF

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad you have been able to get a barbell back in your hands after such a long time. It seems you haven’t lost much strength if any.

2 mile run 14:45

Great time for me. I think I am turning this into more of a race than it should be. But then again running also sucks, and I want to finish sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

Oh thank you. Thankfully it came back quick. First few days in the gym and the barbell alone felt really heavy. Pretty humbling experience lol

1 Like

OG C2W3D1

50 pullups

Press
35x5
47.5x5
55x3
62.5x7 PR
75x3 push press
80x2x2 push press
47.5x15

3x25 band pull aparts

Standing ab wheel progression 9,8,11

Lots of lateral and front raises

I haven’t PR’ed on anything overhead since February 2020 (embarrassing), so this felt like A Big Deal. A tiny PR but a PR nonetheless. The last rep was weird, but I would have been pissed at myself for leaving it on the table. I’m good at sensing whether or not I can grind out another rep. Press PRs are so much more satisfying than bench PRs, and not only because the former are rarer for me.

11 Likes

congrats

2 Likes

Nice grind on that last rep.

1 Like