Bagsy's Training Log

That’s actually a very smart way of looking at it. If you walk past a bar that looks like it needs a good pulling? You pull it. I have done that for years.

3 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

It’s honestly crazy how well pullups respond to frequency

1 Like

OG C2W1D2

Dips 12,10,12

3x3 jumps

Deadlift
125x3
140x5
160x5
185x10
200x3
210x1
215x1

SA BB Row +40x2x20
Goblet squat 25kgx2x15

I struggle to pull higher reps after a deload, so today was rough. It felt like someone beat my back with a hammer after yesterday’s pullups. But I am happy with how quickly 210 and 215 moved after not deadlifting in a while.

6 Likes

That’s awesome. You probably have a double bodyweight deadlift. More than mine lol.

I don’t think so. I can pull high reps at a high percentage of my 1RM. My best ever was 230, but I reckon if I had enough plates and actually tried to peak my deadlift, it would only be 235-240 at best. I need to build more strength to pull 2xBW.

For what it’s worth, I am fairly confident your squat strength is much better than mine also

1 Like

5 hill sprints
1 mile cooldown 8:14

I haven’t done these in a while. They still suck.

7 Likes

OG C2W1D3

Pullups +10x7x3

Bench
65x5
75x5
85x12
95x3

3x10 standing ab wheel progression
5x20 band pull aparts

50 pushups
10 more pullups

I only had one bad 1s week last cycle but still decided to reel back my bench TM. Today was a little rough but that’s how it goes when I’m out of practice.

Besides the awful upper back DOMS, I feel pretty good. The past month or so I’ve been sleeping way more than usual for some reason… many nights over eight hours.

11 Likes

Lots of jumps followed by 3 split 400s at the track (200m, ~40s rest, 200m). Followed by 2x150m strides.

Not my best session but the last rep was closer to 1:15 than to 1:20 so was glad to end on a good note. I plan to push this training a bit harder for the next couple weeks.

6 Likes

OG C2W1D4

Front squat
35x5
80x5
95x5
105x17 PR
125x1
80x17

SA KB Press 12kgx7,6,7,7
BB Curl 45x18,19
Kneeling ab wheel 2x25

Weird but great to PR after a deload, which almost never happens for me.

Also ran 4x300m at the track. I kept the reps around 60s but drifted away a bit on the last rep.

8 Likes

After reading your reply

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that reading that I felt that I respect you. Not that I didn’t before, but experiencing the sensation of it all I felt merited being voiced.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for that. It’s a nice side effect of throwing myself into that log again and, for the millionth time, finding that my efforts are futile.

Most of the time I can avoid going down this rabbit hole. But you probably understand that when it’s an issue that has affected you personally, it can be hard to resist. I feel very fortunate that my disorder did not debilitate me to that extent and that I somehow overcame it on my own. I’m not saying I’m perfect, but I’m far from that past self. It never makes me happy that you have experienced similar challenges. I hope that you’re currently doing all right. An eating disorder is a nasty thing that sucks so much out of life. I only wish that those suffering could see that.

2 Likes

3 mile run 22:56
Some band pull aparts

That run was only 80 seconds slower than my fastest ever 5k :slight_smile: not bad considering all the DOMS.

12 Likes

Any plans to chase a lifetime 5k PR?

Nah, I think that would require me dedicating myself to running more than I want :sweat_smile:

OG C2W2D1

10x5 pullups

3x25 band pull aparts

Press
35x5
45x3
52.5x3
57.5x11
70x5 push press
75x4 push press
80x1 push press
45x16

Standing ab wheel progression 10,10,5,6

Lots of lateral and front raises

Not a PR today but that many reps with 57.5 means I am still headed in the right direction. Also, I’m weighing myself a little less frequently lately; when I do, I’m heavier than I expect, but I think this is the best I have looked and felt at this bodyweight. My performance isn’t too shabby either. It’s great!

8 Likes

Pathetic, what’s even the point.

2 Likes

This has to mean you’re nearing an exit (if not already gone) from DYEL territory!

She left it quite a while ago

Still working on that!

1 Like