T Nation

Baffled as to How I'm Getting Gyno


#1

Let me start off by saying I had originally posted this topic in TRT. I thought I'd get some insight from you guys as well.

I was on trt, 100mg a week, biweekly injections of 50mg each. Adex at 0.5 ED and Bromocryptine 2.5mg ED and within the first week I felt the oncoming gyno. Everything from script/pharmacy so legitimacy isn't a question.

I've already had surgery for gyno, and some of the glands have grown back very slightly; which doesn't bother me. So before anyone starts throwing in their .02 cents on how I'm imagining on getting gyno off of 100mg a week within the first week -- I'm not. I even went as far to convince myself I was imagining it.

Fast forward 2 weeks in, the gyno was getting worse, itchy, swelling, and extremely sensitive to touch. I had switched to aromasin 25mg ED, and threw in some nolvadex at 20mg a day with the hopes of coming off it once the aromasin settles in. Nothing, Gyno was still developing.

I did a total of 3 weeks, 6 shots, 50mg each shot, 100mg a week. I took blood tests 2 days after my last injection. This was 2 months ago. Been using clomid 50mg ED sense then.

Results:
Test Total : 28.3 // acceptable ranges on results 8.4 - 29.0 nmol/L
Progesterone: 1.9 // 0.9 - 3.9 nmol/L
Oestradiol: <44 // < 146 pmol/L (I was doing overkill on AI and dropped my e2 levels to low)
Prolactin: 5 // 2-18 ug/L

Bilirubine Total: 14.2 // 3.0 - 20.0 umol/L
ALT (GPT): 16 // 0 - 40 U/L
AST (GOT): 20 // 0 - 40 U/L
Phosphatase Alacaline: 67 // 38 - 126 U/L

TSH: 3.48 // 0.35 - 5.00 mU/L
Free T3: 6.5 // 3.5 - 6.5 pmol/L

Im baffled as to how im getting gyno. Looking into my thyroids, but they never bother doing my t4. I did a more extensive blood test a week or so ago, I don't have the results yet but i've been off trt for 2~ months at that point so I'm not sure if that blood test will help.

Any suggestions as to why gyno is growing, when estrogen and prolactin are under control? I need to get back on TRT, but I'm stressing over gyno.

Thanks!


Thoughts on Estrogen and Gyno Management
Thoughts on Estrogen and Gyno Management
#2

[quote]juicy wrote:
Let me start off by saying I had originally posted this topic in TRT. I thought I’d get some insight from you guys as well.

I was on trt, 100mg a week, biweekly injections of 50mg each. Adex at 0.5 ED and Bromocryptine 2.5mg ED and within the first week I felt the oncoming gyno. Everything from script/pharmacy so legitimacy isn’t a question.

I’ve already had surgery for gyno, and some of the glands have grown back very slightly; which doesn’t bother me. So before anyone starts throwing in their .02 cents on how I’m imagining on getting gyno off of 100mg a week within the first week – I’m not. I even went as far to convince myself I was imagining it.

Fast forward 2 weeks in, the gyno was getting worse, itchy, swelling, and extremely sensitive to touch. I had switched to aromasin 25mg ED, and threw in some nolvadex at 20mg a day with the hopes of coming off it once the aromasin settles in. Nothing, Gyno was still developing.

I did a total of 3 weeks, 6 shots, 50mg each shot, 100mg a week. I took blood tests 2 days after my last injection. This was 2 months ago. Been using clomid 50mg ED sense then.

Results:
Test Total : 28.3 // acceptable ranges on results 8.4 - 29.0 nmol/L
Progesterone: 1.9 // 0.9 - 3.9 nmol/L
Oestradiol: <44 // < 146 pmol/L (I was doing overkill on AI and dropped my e2 levels to low)
Prolactin: 5 // 2-18 ug/L

Bilirubine Total: 14.2 // 3.0 - 20.0 umol/L
ALT (GPT): 16 // 0 - 40 U/L
AST (GOT): 20 // 0 - 40 U/L
Phosphatase Alacaline: 67 // 38 - 126 U/L

TSH: 3.48 // 0.35 - 5.00 mU/L
Free T3: 6.5 // 3.5 - 6.5 pmol/L

Im baffled as to how im getting gyno. Looking into my thyroids, but they never bother doing my t4. I did a more extensive blood test a week or so ago, I don’t have the results yet but i’ve been off trt for 2~ months at that point so I’m not sure if that blood test will help.

Any suggestions as to why gyno is growing, when estrogen and prolactin are under control? I need to get back on TRT, but I’m stressing over gyno.

Thanks![/quote]

No idea on the gyno but your thyroid labs seem to say your boarderline hypo, someone please correct me if im wrong


#3

well, the T3 is high.

i can’t remember where/when i read it, but recall that a hyperactive thyroid can lead to estrogen issues… but based off the labs, the estrogen isn’t that high, comparatively.

it might actually have more to do with a genetic predisposition, since you’ve already had gyno.


#4

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
well, the T3 is high.

i can’t remember where/when i read it, but recall that a hyperactive thyroid can lead to estrogen issues… but based off the labs, the estrogen isn’t that high, comparatively.

it might actually have more to do with a genetic predisposition, since you’ve already had gyno.
[/quote]

I should mention that my estrogen levels, naturally, are around 120~ pmol/L – Thats without trt or anti-e. And also the first time I had gyno was from cycling.

I assumed estrogen was the culprit hence why I even over killed it on the AI.


#5

are you currently taking nolva and clomid?

if so, you might want to give raloxifene a shot, as it’s slightly more effective in gyno.

another option is DHT cream (andaractim, i think?) applied to the nipple area…


#6

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
are you currently taking nolva and clomid?

if so, you might want to give raloxifene a shot, as it’s slightly more effective in gyno.

another option is DHT cream (andaractim, i think?) applied to the nipple area…

I’m just using clomid, for HPTA recovery only. Gyno subsided a while ago after stopping.


#7

[quote]juicy wrote:

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
are you currently taking nolva and clomid?

if so, you might want to give raloxifene a shot, as it’s slightly more effective in gyno.

another option is DHT cream (andaractim, i think?) applied to the nipple area…

I’m just using clomid, for HPTA recovery only. Gyno subsided a while ago after stopping.[/quote]

ah, apparently i missed that you went off TRT.