Badr Hari Arrested for Manslaughter

WTF

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/07/28/kickboxing-beat-badr-hari-charged-with-attempted-manslaughter-32947.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bjpenndotcom+(BJPENN.COM+MMA+NEWS+BLOGS)

Fucking nuts!

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
WTF

Fucking nuts![/quote]

Not really. He was arrested for attempted manslaughter for hitting a fan, not manslaughter itself. This might be the Dutch equivalent of aggravated battery = battery where attacker causes grievous bodily injury or has an unfair advantage likely to result in said injury or death, such as a weapon.

In many European countries, martial arts training is regulated under law and legally the assumption is that if you do one, you do so since you are aggressive and seeking to injure others. In other words, the presupposition is that, by virtue of his training and career, he is always just itching for a fight and any time he hits anyone or tries to, it is treated like he was wielding an ax.

It is relatively easy for even a moderately competent lawyer to misrepresent a martial artist as some sort of robotic killer and legally the onus is on the MA-er to show otherwise. Yes, that is completely ludicrous to people that do MA, but it is a real bigotry we have to contend with. If you do an MA, my advice is to run like Hell rather than fight since the legal system has it in for you.

– jj

Hitting a fan? He, and some buddies, severely injured someone at a nightclub. That’s not what this charge is for though (although he is being charged for that incident). He is being charged with manslaughter from a previous incident but that individual (the nightclub owner) did not file charges after Hari promised to never come back to his club again. This latest incident prompted the club owner to come forward.

He stomped the guys leg half off. They almost killed the guy so its not a small charge. Also its a very wealthy man I dont know how Dutch law works but here Badr would be losing all his money to this guys lawyers in civil court.

Badr Hari proves himself to be a piece of shit, day by day. Sigh. How hard is it to NOT attack someone in public. Waste of good talent.

Badr Hari has always been a fucking wanker. Seriously, talented out the ass, but what a piece of shit as a person.

My favorite sequence ever is Overeem knocking him the fuck out.

I dunno why it is that guy constantly feels threatened. He’s one of the biggest bad asses there are around but why he feels the need to flick into defence mode and immediately attack anyone and everyone that hints of threatening him whether athlete or laymen is beyond me.
Fucking sad as I am a serious nuthugger of his fighting skills.

[quote]humble wrote:
I dunno why it is that guy constantly feels threatened. He’s one of the biggest bad asses there are around but why he feels the need to flick into defence mode and immediately attack anyone and everyone that hints of threatening him whether athlete or laymen is beyond me.
[/quote]

He isn’t going into “defense mode” or feeling “threatened” in a physical sense. He is going into “I think it would be fun to beath this guy’s ass” mode. Considering his history I am not seeing this as an over-reaction to a threat/conflict so much as his over estimating what he could get away with.

Some people seem to be, for lack of a better word, feral. They do not play well with others and they would gladly split your head open for no good reason. Trying to reason or relate with their mentality is pointless past being a thought experiment. I think he might be in that category.

Most times the amount of training he has done would build character. In his case it may have just made it easier for him to hurt others.

I am with you on his skill level in the ring.

Regards,

Robert A

What a waste. I wonder if he’ll feel threatened in the shower…

[quote]Robert A wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:
[/quote]

He isn’t going into “defense mode” or feeling “threatened” in a physical sense. He is going into “I think it would be fun to beath this guy’s ass” mode. Considering his history I am not seeing this as an over-reaction to a threat/conflict so much as his over estimating what he could get away with.

Some people seem to be, for lack of a better word, feral. They do not play well with others and they would gladly split your head open for no good reason. Trying to reason or relate with their mentality is pointless past being a thought experiment. I think he might be in that category.

Most times the amount of training he has done would build character. In his case it may have just made it easier for him to hurt others.

I am with you on his skill level in the ring.

Regards,

Robert A[/quote]

You reckon he does it for kicks? That’s even more saddening if true. Let me wander off believing he does it from deep seated disturbed area in his brain where he was threatened severely as child or something because believing he does it for kicks is gut turning.

I asked Michael Schiavello once after interviewing him that if he thought that it was all just a little too much media hype about his attitudes and antics since Michael really likes the guy too and he replied “No, he really is a crazy mofo and legit bad ass”. Even then I was in denial lol.

[quote]humble wrote:
[You reckon he does it for kicks? That’s even more saddening if true. Let me wander off believing he does it from deep seated disturbed area in his brain where he was threatened severely as child or something because believing he does it for kicks is gut turning.

I asked Michael Schiavello once after interviewing him that if he thought that it was all just a little too much media hype about his attitudes and antics since Michael really likes the guy too and he replied “No, he really is a crazy mofo and legit bad ass”. Even then I was in denial lol.
[/quote]

I really suspect he is more of a sadist rather than a sympathetic character.

I often lament that once the violence starts “moral compasses” are of little use. It would be a better world if when men came to blows or blood that God would see the true and just party to victory, but that doesn’t, and never did, happen (regardless of how strongly Feudal Europe contended).

Usually the real pieces of shit wouldn’t have enough heart to make it through the training regimen of an elite fighter, but unfortunately some broken individuals do. I am leaning towards Hari being an example.

Dude does have knuckle game though.

Regards,

Robert A