Badass Wrestler

I’ve seen video of him wrestle before and he’s insanely quick!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0804/wrestling.dustin.carter/content.1.html

I can’t imagine not having arms and legs, let alone being a damn good wrestler!

I’ve seen a couple videos on him, very inspirational story. He’s sucessfully overcome his disabilty and has left a lot of people dumbfounded in his wake.

We were just talking about this last night. Apparently there is a kid out of Penn State that is similar and wrestles 197.

It is amazing when you consider the potential advantage he has on stand-up.

Truly amazing.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
We were just talking about this last night. Apparently there is a kid out of Penn State that is similar and wrestles 197.

It is amazing when you consider the potential advantage he has on stand-up.

Truly amazing.[/quote]

I saw one guy try to jump over him which failed horribly. The guy was clearly trying to take advantage of his disability but the kid nabbed him in mid-air and got a take down.

The kid in Penn State has arms correct?

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

The kid in Penn State has arms correct?[/quote]

I don’t know. One of the High School wrestlers who trains with us brought him up. Didn’t know his name, though. Said he’s a wrecking ball.

That is just amazing. I cannot imagine wrestling without 2 limbs, but actually doing it without all 4?

This kid is amazing. Dustin Carter - YouTube He is a wrestling machine. Fuck that freaks me out.

I kind of have mixed feelings on this. Obviously what this kid has done is unbelievably amazing. He has tremendous heart and determination. There is no denying that.

On the other hand, I kind of feel bad for the guys that have to wrestle him. If a guy wrestles him and pins him, it’s like, “Great you pinned a guy with no arms and legs. Nice job.” If they lose, which is likely, then it is like, “How could you lose to a guy with no arms and legs?” I guess what I’m saying is that, for his opponents, it is almost a can’t-win situation. I feel the same way about girl wrestlers.

Does anyone know what I’m saying?

[quote]eic wrote:
I kind of have mixed feelings on this. Obviously what this kid has done is unbelievably amazing. He has tremendous heart and determination. There is no denying that.

On the other hand, I kind of feel bad for the guys that have to wrestle him. If a guy wrestles him and pins him, it’s like, “Great you pinned a guy with no arms and legs. Nice job.” If they lose, which is likely, then it is like, “How could you lose to a guy with no arms and legs?” I guess what I’m saying is that, for his opponents, it is almost a can’t-win situation. I feel the same way about girl wrestlers.

Does anyone know what I’m saying? [/quote]

I know exactly what you are saying a buddy that wrestled at my school had to wrestle some guy who had some disability with his legs that prevented him from really moving much. In the end my buddy’s coach told him to pin him and he did but when he did everyone booed him and people were calling him an asshole crazy man.

[quote]eic wrote:

I definitly see where you’re coming from, but if a guy is wrestling at a Div 1 school regardless of disabilty he has done something to earn his spot. A win is a win IMO.

[quote]Power GnP wrote:
eic wrote:

Does anyone know what I’m saying?

[/quote]

Yes. I do. I am in a state with probably the largest youth wrestling presence in the Nation and we get our occasional girl wrestler. In fact, we have a 4th grade girl who has never been pinned.

When one of my kids has to wrestle a girl I tell them hopefully she trains just as hard as you do b/c I don’t want you to give her a bit of quarter. Go out there to win and don’t look back.

I personally have never wrestled anybody with a physical disability but we used to wrestle a school for the deaf and even that was challenging b/c they would make noises sometimes that made it sound like you were killing them and you had to learn to not back off or else risk getting reversed or worse.

I guess the point I am making is you need to treat every opponent as a worthy adversary. A win is a win and a loss is a loss no matter what color paper you wrap it in.

[quote]eic wrote:

This guy is 46-2 uhhh if I went up against him I would be going balls to the wall. His record speaks for it self so he’s just another athlete me to.

I don’t think anyone is discounting someone who beats him!

Haha APW you mentioned wrestling girls, well a girl wrestling up 2 weight classes so I had to face her. A 130lb girl and then there was me at 155.

I was just kind of shocked in the first round because it was such a weird situation. Then my coached yelled at me that I was losing to a girl so I did a rather hard double leg and pinned her in a half nelson. Felt like an ass after because I slammed her…oops.

My buddy on the team got his 100 pin against a girl LOL he makes the papers and the record books in VA beating a girl :slight_smile:

I had a guy on my team in high school with no legs and he was a total badass. It’s the equivalent of having the strength of a wrestler 3 weight classes above your opponent. The look on the other team’s faces when he would wipe the mat with them was priceless. He actually went on to coach.

Wrestling is one of the only sports where people with physical handicaps can competitively compete on the same level as their peers. I’ve also seen blind wrestlers.

I did judo for a while and competed in competitions and there was a blind kid.

THey’d start you standing against him touching and he was really good. It was amazing how well he could ‘feel’ someone move. Once it was on the floor too he was good on the mat.

The only bad thing was his girlfriend… she was ruff on the eyes but everyone told him she was hot… twas always a humorous thing when he’d say ‘check out my hot girl friend’… and we just said yah…

[quote]eic wrote:

[/quote]

is it fair if i intentionally attempt to tea bag female wrestlers i go up against?

^thats just goodnatured ribbing.

or balling.

Had a guy in H.S. one time trying to cop a feel the entire time on the female wrestler… twas a shame when he got so caught up in going for boobage that the wasn’t paying attention when she rolled him and got an instant pin :slight_smile:

Has anyone thought about how much stronger he is going to be than his opponents, he has the same amount of muscle weight, but half the size.

There was a guy grabbing one of our girl wrestlers boobs in a match, and she beat the shit out of him in front of everyone in the gym, at a huge tournament. She got disqualified, but it was hilarious.

I’m never going to give up up at anything again, jesus, that kid is an inspiration.