T Nation

Bad Posture

I’ve been training for about 10 monthes now and gotten some good improvements. I’m 190 and weigh 95 kilos.

My problem is my back. I have a hunchback more or less, which makes it almost impossible to deadlift in correct form. I’ve asked around and I’ve heard it’s due to weak chest muscles?

I’ve tryed to implement some stretching etc. but nothing has helped drastically. When I squat it feels like my back is doing most of the work. So until I get rid of this problem I won’t be squatting or deadlifting.

Anyone know any techniques to improve the problem?

Rumor has it that a couple of studs around here wrote a five-part series on this very topic. I can’t quite recall their names, but I’m pretty sure it was called “Neanderthal No More.” You can find all five parts by going to archives and clicking on 2004. Just scroll down, Quasimoto. :slight_smile:

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Rumor has it that a couple of studs around here wrote a five-part series on this very topic. I can’t quite recall their names, but I’m pretty sure it was called “Neanderthal No More.” You can find all five parts by going to archives and clicking on 2004. Just scroll down, Quasimoto. :)[/quote]

A couple of studs? I thought it was a couple of neanderthals. Just kidding.

[quote]Eric Cressey wrote:
Rumor has it that a couple of studs around here wrote a five-part series on this very topic. I can’t quite recall their names, but I’m pretty sure it was called “Neanderthal No More.” You can find all five parts by going to archives and clicking on 2004. Just scroll down, Quasimoto. :)[/quote]

These two are first equal with Barr on self promotion!

Seriously, that’s a good series that you guys wrote.

Geek boy

[quote]ill wrote:
I’ve been training for about 10 monthes now and gotten some good improvements. I’m 190 and weigh 95 kilos.

My problem is my back. I have a hunchback more or less, which makes it almost impossible to deadlift in correct form. [/quote]

I think most people might have a hunchback by the time they reach 190! Great work to be still lifting at such a ripe age.

[quote]sharetrader wrote:
ill wrote:
I’ve been training for about 10 monthes now and gotten some good improvements. I’m 190 and weigh 95 kilos.

My problem is my back. I have a hunchback more or less, which makes it almost impossible to deadlift in correct form.

I think most people might have a hunchback by the time they reach 190! Great work to be still lifting at such a ripe age.[/quote]

I thought that was height i.e. 190cm tall…