Bad or Good for Recovery?

well for school i have to do community service, so what im doing is going to the state park place that has a little mountain. and i have to like rebuild these rock walls. so it invovles a few miles of walking uphill and picking up some rocks. Would this be good for elg recovery becayuse im getting some blood flowing into them or is this bad and i should be lazy as fuck when i go to do it?

Is my community service going to be bad for my workouts? Perhaps you should ask if your workouts are going to affect your community service.

No, you should not be lazy as fuck when you do it.

[quote]redsox348984 wrote:
well for school i have to do community service, so what im doing is going to the state park place that has a little mountain. and i have to like rebuild these rock walls. so it invovles a few miles of walking uphill and picking up some rocks. Would this be good for elg recovery becayuse im getting some blood flowing into them or is this bad and i should be lazy as fuck when i go to do it?[/quote]

Wow. If this isn’t a troll…

Here is my advice:

Work your ass off. It’s not about you.

Above all it will build character if it also builds a strong body BONUS!!! I think more people/kids could use 3-4 years of hard ass labor learn what work really is.

It will do you good in many ways.

Do you have to do the community service in order to graduate or did you get caught jerking off while waiting for a class?

nobody really answered the question. i mean all i want to do is know if this would interfere with recovery or not. if you think it would alot theres other places to do community service where i know that it wont

nobody really answered the question. i mean all i want to do is know if this would interfere with recovery or not. if you think it would alot theres other places to do community service where i know that it wont[/quote]

Your question sucks.

From looking at your stats you could use the extra GPP from moving heavy stuff…

Work your ass off. It’s not about you.

I agree. I really do.

nobody really answered the question. i mean all i want to do is know if this would interfere with recovery or not. if you think it would alot theres other places to do community service where i know that it wont[/quote]

It should enhance it. Greater blood flow, vascular adaptation, there are a billion different benefits to a rigorous day of work.

You should approach the adaptations as a benefit.

If it hurts recovery which it may then GOOD youve found a weakness and need to address that. If you cant move rocks all damn day then you need to move more rocks all damn day.

[quote]Phill wrote:
If it hurts recovery which it may then GOOD youve found a weakness and need to address that. If you cant move rocks all damn day then you need to move more rocks all damn day.
[/quote]

Yeah, for sure lifting rocks will be good for you. Make it a workout of its own accord. If it adds an extra day or two in between your squat sessions, then that is fine.

I found that after a couple of months of physical labour, transformed me from a chinup weakling to someone who can do over 10 chinups. Admittedly I was also loosing weight at the time, but I’m sure I gained some grip and biceps strength from labouring and that really helped. It also really fills out your traps.

redsox,
Assuming they are having you move rocks than won’t break your back, the work will be a great full-body workout. After a few days, you’ll know whether the work is so strenuous that it should actually replace your gyym time, or can just be some good GPP to supplement the gym.

If you have a pre-workout and post-workout nutrition custom, adhere to it for the heavy labor, too. Physically, this could be great for you.

Everyone else,
The high school I went to, and the school I now work at, require students to do community service as character building (and, let’s face it, it’s good PR for the school); there’s no reason from his opening statement to think that this is punitive.

Unless you can say that English is your second language what is your excuse for sucking at it? Damn man, not only are you selfish enough to post about not doing a service project, but you couldn’t even type your question.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
Unless you can say that English is your second language what is your excuse for sucking at it? Damn man, not only are you selfish enough to post about not doing a service project, but you couldn’t even type your question.[/quote]

i really do suck at english. next year as a senior i need to take 2 full year englishes because i failed one freshman year

[quote]TShaw wrote:
redsox,
Assuming they are having you move rocks than won’t break your back, the work will be a great full-body workout. After a few days, you’ll know whether the work is so strenuous that it should actually replace your gyym time, or can just be some good GPP to supplement the gym.

If you have a pre-workout and post-workout nutrition custom, adhere to it for the heavy labor, too. Physically, this could be great for you.

Everyone else,
The high school I went to, and the school I now work at, require students to do community service as character building (and, let’s face it, it’s good PR for the school); there’s no reason from his opening statement to think that this is punitive.[/quote]

so i guess ill just play it by ear and see if it effects my recovery or not. i pick the times to go do it so i could probly fit ir around as far away fromm my leg workouts as possible

[quote]PantyPeePunch wrote:
Do you have to do the community service in order to graduate or did you get caught jerking off while waiting for a class?

[/quote]

wtf you weren’t supposed to find out about that