BAD Muscle Cramps in Public Stories?

Be sitting in public or something and just tense up your hamstring while your leg is bent and it cramps like a motherfucker causing you to totally lose your shit in public causing awkwardness and hilarity to ensue?

CAUSE’ I HAVE.

Never In a setting where I should have been embarrassed. But I will admit one of my biggest fears in life is getting a hamstring cramp when locked in on a roller coaster where I wouldnt be able to straighten it and stretch it out until the end!!

[quote]colt44 wrote:
Never In a setting where I should have been embarrassed. But I will admit one of my biggest fears in life is getting a hamstring cramp when locked in on a roller coaster where I wouldnt be able to straighten it and stretch it out until the end!! [/quote]
Happens to me on business flights all the time.

The day after my first time doing full contact twists…

I was in class and tried to pick a book out from the try from under my desk and got stuck…painful as fuck

Charlie horse in my abs for like 2 minutes

Calf cramp during sex.

Happens at work all of the time due to awkward work positions. My (and others) whole posterior chain will cramp up and we flop around like fish.

Happens to me on long bus rides etc. Freaking horrible.

I’ve been stuck under a desk with ab cramps, sweet jesus that fucking sucked

It happened at home once and I jumped up and my girlfriend thought I was having a heart attack for a moment.

I’d like to get my next insane calf cramp when I’m with friends instead of at home in bed like I usually do because I’d love for them to see how crazy the muscle looks. I swear it almost changes shape into a form it never takes no matter how you flex it normally.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]colt44 wrote:
Never In a setting where I should have been embarrassed. But I will admit one of my biggest fears in life is getting a hamstring cramp when locked in on a roller coaster where I wouldnt be able to straighten it and stretch it out until the end!! [/quote]
Happens to me on business flights all the time.[/quote]

Flights you take for business or in business class?

Haven’t had one for a long time, but I was prone to hammy cramps. One of the worst was sitting down to dinner and cramping both hammies. Ended up under the table trying to relax and stretch out while pushing chairs away so I had the room…all the time bellowing like a wounded bull. It made for an interesting dinner.

These days the only trouble I have in long haul flights is the onset of knee pain. I never fly without an entire packet of pain killers available.

Was fast asleep one night and for some reason both my hami’s locked on so tight, the pain was unbelievable. Had to kind of lever my feet with my arms to stretch them out. I’ve never woken and tried to get out of bed so quick. I didnt sleep the rest of the night.

Used to get the hammy cramps in church. I’d swing my legs just a little far back in the pew and they would lock down. Squirming around trying to straighten them back out was embarrassing. Thankfully it was just a Methodist church, so no one started laying hands and casting out the demons from my legs. They just looked at me and frowned.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Used to get the hammy cramps in church. I’d swing my legs just a little far back in the pew and they would lock down. Squirming around trying to straighten them back out was embarrassing. Thankfully it was just a Methodist church, so no one started laying hands and casting out the demons from my legs. They just looked at me and frowned.[/quote]

Wouldn’t have had anything to do with the timing of when the collection plate got passed around? Just asking…

Had this happen once to me while I was driving…ouch…not fun!!

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]colt44 wrote:
Happens to me on business flights all the time.[/quote]

Flights you take for business or in business class?[/quote]

Just any flights, unless I am in an aisle seat where I can stretch out my leg.

Mostly knee pain is the worst.

Happened to me one time at the end of a long bike ride. Was almost home and lived at the top of a pretty big hill when both of my calves and hammy’s locked up. I basically stopped dead going up the hill and fell over. I ended up laying underneath my bike for about 10 minutes because my shoes were clipped into my pedals and I couldn’t move my legs enough to slide them out. Multiple cars drove by and I just waved at them as they drove past, haha. Good times.

When I first started working out years ago; I took the bus home one night from the YMCA after totally torching my legs. Took the steps off the bus; then my body reminded me I was dehydrated & both my hamstrings cramped at the same time.

People driving by must have thought I had just been shot the way I just crumpled/dropped to the sidewalk. When I was able to stagger to my feet, my body then decided both quads should cramp up.

Luckily I did not live far from the bus stop at the time so I was able under the cover of darkness crouch/shuffle my way home dragging my gym bag where my parents where like “WTF is wrong with you?!”

Since then I always made sure to stay super hydrated before/during leg workouts, & if taking the bus to make sure I stand/sit/stand so the lactic acid doesn’t pool as much. Contrast showers right after legs helps a lot too.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:
Calf cramp during sex.[/quote]

Hopefully not in public?

But yeah, hamstring/glute cramps during sex. (Not in public.)

I’ve never had a calf cramp in my entire life. Not even after my hellish calf sessions this past Summer.

But I can sort of guess what one feels like. I’d train my calves so hard they’d be so swollen that they felt like they were going to burst, and I was unable to walk or breathe momentarily.

Any ideas as to why the hami’s crap so easily and violently? I dont seem to suffer from this in any other muscle in my body which leads me to think its not dietary.