If he is healthy and not taking any medications for any diseases:
Assuming he eats 3 meals a day
1. 1g Vitamin C at each meal
2. 300mg bromelain at each meal
3. 200mg hyaluronic acid at each meal
4. 2 ZMA at night before bed
5. strawberries, blueberries, pineapple
6. fish oil high in EPA and DHA (cod liver oil is excellent)
7. sit at desk with ankle weights starting with one pound and work up to 10 pounds
elevate foot off ground until leg is parallel with floor and the leg is no longer
bent at the knee. 3 sets of 10 reps each leg
8. 5 minutes heat/5 minutes cold for one hour after exercise.
9. Walk 30 minutes a day.
10. Portion control in his calorie intake, more fibrous carbohydrates, more water in his diet.
PM me if you want more details.