Bad Knee/Joint Supplements?

I’ve been a lurker for quite a while but I finally need individualized advice/help.

My right knee has been giving me more pain then usual, it’s had quite a few bangs and one surgery where they had to go through the knee and it’s been fast to be aggravated ever since.

Basketball season is coming up and I can’t manage to cut hard and I’ve had to cut out heavy and explosive squats.

I’ve been taking a glucosamine/chondroitin supplement alongside 10 grams of fish oil everyday for about a week.

Is there anything else I could be doing/taking? Also does anyone have a particular pain killer that they would suggest besides advil and the like?

oxycontin, morphine, just to name a few…

hahah, perferably something i could easily access, but thanks for the effort.

I have Vicodin and Percocet from past surgeries, could i use those or would the drowsy effect be too much?

Hows your fat intake in general?? total fats all sources including sats?? Are you taking a fish oil supp??

Phill

Ever think about DMSO? Or there may be a possiblity of Cissius. Also,have you tried therapy with someone failiar with McConnell protocol?

look up MSM and Glucosamine, also u should be taking fish oil

already got plenty of fish oil and fat intake is good, although i think it’s unbalanced as far as mono/poly.

Currently doing some research on DMSO, and I’ve heard some good things about cissus. Anyone have any results or side effects with any of them? Never done any therapy with The McConnell protocol, couldn’t find anything online right off the bat but i’ll keep looking, care elaborating on that?

dunno why it posted on my little brothers name but this should be under deq.

Doctor’s Best, Best Serrapeptase available at iherb.com

This is the ONLY supplement that worked for my knee tendonitis.

fish oil is good for you.

MSMS is also a VERY good supplement, specially if you’re over the age of 40, it can really benefit you weather you’ve got joint pain or not.

I take Flameout with good effect. I haven’t had any knee surgeries or anything, so maybe the sitatuation is very different.

Anyway, when I’m not taking Flameout I feel my knee during regular daily events. It’s not pain, but it’s obviously not a good thing.

When I don’t forget to take it regularly, which is 99% of the time, this sensation goes away. Needless to say, it’s doing something useful for me.

Others have mentioned the cornerstone dietary protocols; get your dietary fats and supplement with fish oils, too.

Although I haven’t gotten around to trying it, if you have some money, I’d recommend you check out Wobenzym. Google it and see if it might jive with your needs.

McConnell patellafemoral treatment plan,created by Jenny McConnell,Austrailian physiotherapist. works well on most post surgical knees because most of them get seconday VMO (vastus Medialis Obilqus) inhibition or patellar malalignment issues.

The crux of the treatment is supportive taping to eliminate pain while working on functional real world motions,such as squatting,short lunges,stairs, and cutting/jogging.

Describe the pain. Is it in the joint? Medial, lateral, above the knee or below? Etc.

The best advice I can give you now before you answer the above questions is to purchase Mike Robertson’s Bulletproof Knees Manual. For someone like yourself with knee issues it will be well worth the money spent!

have you tried any hyaluronic acid???