Bad Ideas

Ok, this is bad: For those of us that carry weapons for a living, this has got to be one of the strangest things I have ever seen in a war zone. I was at the chow hall this morning, getting some food to go and three troops from one of our NATO buddies came in after me. I have a habit of scanning anyone for weapons and noticed that one of these guys had the magazine duct taped to his pistol well, now, thats odd enough, then I noticed the other two had taped magazine wells also.

WTF? How the hell do you do a tactical/speed reload with the magazine well taped? Now these were not paras or SF, even though I have never taped my magazine wells when I jumped/rappelled. I did not speak their language, so, I dont know their reason, other than getting executed for losing a magazine. I guess you could tape them during parachute training if you felt that your harness/straps would hit the magazine release (safe zone) , but, in a active zone? Poor quality picture, I know, Blackberry cameras are crap.

I would bet money that’s being done to ensure they don’t lose their magazine. Clearly, whoever is at the top of their chain of command is more concerned about equipment loss than troop welfare.

Either that, or some butter bar (or foreign equivalent) had a visit from the good idea fairy…

Something different:

For those of you who enjoy reading about past adventurers, men or women who lived life to the fullest in a time never to be repeated, check out the life of Jim Corbett.

Beyond Bad to Outright Evil: Executing children for “crimes”, the nations of this world should hang their heads in collective shame. How can any “civilized” nation stand by and allow this filthy cancer to spread? My disgust knows no bounds…

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/07/01/isis-executioners-spare-no-one-killing-74-children-for-crimes-including-not/

Idaho, I take it you’ve seen the Jaish al-Islam video of them executing 18 ISIS fighters with a shotgun blast to the back of the head?

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Idaho, I take it you’ve seen the Jaish al-Islam video of them executing 18 ISIS fighters with a shotgun blast to the back of the head? [/quote]

Yes, got to see an unedited version. Nice work. BTW, My sincere condolences on the death of your countrymen in Tunisia. Another “warrior” created by the filth of ISIS.

[quote]idaho wrote:

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Idaho, I take it you’ve seen the Jaish al-Islam video of them executing 18 ISIS fighters with a shotgun blast to the back of the head? [/quote]

Yes, got to see an unedited version. Nice work. BTW, My sincere condolences on the death of your countrymen in Tunisia. Another “warrior” created by the filth of ISIS. [/quote]

I had that privilege too - good to see them reaping some of the fruits from what they’ve sown. I like to think that for all their claims of being unafraid of death, I saw fear in their eyes in those final moments.

What happened in Tunisia is appalling. It is the lack of outrage and the shrugging of the national shoulders that saddens me most. I hope all’s well with you, and that the hard training is bringing satisfying rewards for those you train. Stay safe.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-33833155 - this is fitting news for this thread: SAS selection ‘to be softened’. Still not clear if this will apply only for reservists or not.

At the same time, let me add my voice to the choir of well-wishers, Robert A. I hope that everything is fine.

Mapwrap,
check in bro, been a while since I seen you around. Hope things are good with you and yours. Be safe.

This cancerous filth knows no bounds:

Hey, Idaho…

I’m still here, buddy. I don’t get on the forums as much as I used to. Believe it or not, I actually got selected for SWAT about 10 months ago, and the op tempo has been running me a little ragged.

In fact, just to make the point, I probably only make my wrestling classes about half the time these days. So, you know we are busy if I don’t have time to do some wrassle-fightin. :slight_smile:

How’s things in your part of the world? Staying busy, I assume…

[quote]mapwhap wrote:
Hey, Idaho…

I’m still here, buddy. I don’t get on the forums as much as I used to. Believe it or not, I actually got selected for SWAT about 10 months ago, and the op tempo has been running me a little ragged.

In fact, just to make the point, I probably only make my wrestling classes about half the time these days. So, you know we are busy if I don’t have time to do some wrassle-fightin. :slight_smile:

How’s things in your part of the world? Staying busy, I assume… [/quote]

Mapwrap,
A big congratulations on making SWAT. I spent 6 years on SWAT and miss it every day, I sometimes think I really screwed up going over to the feds. Our SWAT work at the time was (unless a callout) was serving high risk drug and felony warrants. Cannot beat that kind of work. If you are allowed to post, I would be interested in what weapons you are carrying. In the past , my department went through various weapons , all based on some “urban study” on what was “best” to use in a city. I have carried: M-16, M-4, FN-P90, Benelli Tactical, S&W 4506,Glock 21, and Glock 19’s. Now carrying an M-6 and SIG 226. All of them are useless unless you hit the target…LOL

I am up in Kabul now attached to a CI unit, things are a little sporty here now, can’t tell the good guys from the badguys anymore. This is the most corrupt place I have ever been.

Everytime I log on for news in the states, another US police officer has been killed, two in Louisiana in the past few days. Be Sharp, Stay safe.

Thank you, sir…it was definitely a career goal realized for me. I really didn’t think once I had promoted to sergeant that I would have an opportunity, since there are way fewer positions in our SWAT unit at that rank. But, God has a plan for us all, and apparently that’s mine, for now.

As for weapons…funny you mention that. We are currently engaged in…what shall I call it…a very LIVELY debate regarding what we are going to next. We currently run M-4’s with 11.5 inch barrels and Surefire Mini suppressors. Our secondary is the Glock 17. Our M-4’s are about to hit their life limit, so we are looking for something else.

A bunch of guys are pushing for the H&K MP-7 in 4.6mm. I don’t know anything about field performance with that round. I’m told there are a number of SF units that run it, but data is scarce. I have been pushing for the 300 Blackout round from an M-4 SBR with an integral suppressor, but I seem to be in a minority, cos that just isn’t sexy enough for some people. From what I have heard, the 300 Blackout kills people dead with absolutely no problems.

Anyway…such is the drama of working with a bunch of Alpha Male types. We run pretty similar missions to what you describe…mostly high risk narcotic warrants, with a liberal sprinkling of barricaded a-holes on midnights and days off to keep things exciting. It’s a full time team, so that’s probably the best part of the gig. We just get to focus on SWAT work.

So…if you are allowed to say…are you pretty much permanently stationed overseas? Is that a volunteer thing, or a volun-told thing?

I have been in and out of Iraq and Afghanistan for the past 9 years. I guess you would call it “if you are going to do this work, then thats where the work is” or something like that, or, you dont want to do this , you can always quit:)). I have been offered a DC rotation several times, but, I dont live there and hate that area anyway( almost as expensive as Kuwait City). Seriously?

I am getting burned out, I am thinking about either trying to transfer over to another agency after the first of the year, or maybe , pulling the plug and try to find some local law enforcement position, deep in the mountains, where I only have to deal with meth heads and bears. I really, really, never ever want to hear Arabic, Dari, or Pastun spoken again. LOL, just reread this, I am certainly a whiney bitch this morning:)) You be safe.

“Everytime I log on for news in the states, another US police officer has been killed, two in Louisiana in the past few days. Be Sharp, Stay safe”.

For the Canadian Police brothers here --Same for you, be safe

This is just so Fucking bad:

Sheriff's deputy shot while pumping gas at patrol car | CNN

[quote]idaho wrote:
“Everytime I log on for news in the states, another US police officer has been killed, two in Louisiana in the past few days. Be Sharp, Stay safe”.

[/quote]

Fucking tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to those directly affected.

Be safe.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]idaho wrote:

[/quote]

Be safe.

[/quote]

RIP Deputy Goforth.

I’m happy to see the community came together for him and his family.

It’s always a pleasure to hear from Sheriff David Clarke.

[quote]Will207 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

[quote]idaho wrote:

[/quote]

Be safe.

[/quote]

RIP Deputy Goforth.

I’m happy to see the community came together for him and his family.

[/quote]

I’m happy to see it too. Police lives matter.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and guess that they managed to mourn their loss without burning their city down as well.

^^

Yeah…funny how that works, huh?

I wonder what social engineers theorize on that particular subject…