Bad Ideas

Thanks for the compliment, but that is kind of scary. I would write it off to the fact the intel guys might not have access to bourbon in your A.O.

I am always a bit puzzled by the folks who feel like they have to mitigate ISIS or BH with the “not all Muslims” and “no broad brush” narrative. Those two groups have made it expressly clear that they are at war with the entire not them world, including the USA, our allies, the countries we are indifferent to, and our other enemies to boot. In order to judge it any other way one has to disregard the entirety of the propaganda, press releases, religious statements(that give guidance for how prisoners should be raped among other things), and military actions of those groups. Everything, including the execution videos that have decent production values it must be admitted, makes that very clear. Anyone can chose not to be at war with them, but they are most assuredly going to have the war regardless.

Really, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Abubakar Shekau could win an award for most honest political leaders. They are right up front with the evil shit they do and want done. They spend money to make sure everyone knows it. They are unrepentantly and honestly going about the business of waging war on everyone else on the whole damn planet. Hitler didn’t do that. Stalin didn’t do that. Pol Pot, Mao, none of those guys were this fucking transparent. We should pass a coffee can around and get a kitty going to buy them a couple of statues of a sexy goat and some Olive Garden gift cards as an award for being up front. I am still firmly in the “just kill them camp”, but if we are going to claim to value and reward honesty in negotiations maybe we should let them fill up on unlimited salad and bread sticks before atomizing them via precision guided high explosives on the trip home.

Just thinking out loud here.

More seriously, let the people you work with know that the P.C. narrative isn’t the only one and that many of us value what they do.

Train hard. Stay safe.

Regards,

Robert A