Bad Bloodwork Results

21 years old

height

5’11

weight

165lbs

describe body and facial hair

No facial hair (fuzz), no hair on chest. lots of hair (head)

describe where you carry fat and how changed

mostly in the belly and legs. I have a thick skin on my back, my arms…

health conditions, symptoms [history]

Fatigue, I’m very lax, low energy, hard to get out of bed, little to no libido, I have pretty oily skin, my voice is like an adolescent’s voice.

Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever

L-thyroxine (25mg/day) prescribed by endo => TSH 3.3

lab results with ranges

Creatinine 0.83 mg/dL
GFR >60 mL/min

Proteine 8.7 g/dL

TSH 2.2 mcU/mL => 3.3 on my last test
FT4 13.5 pg/mL

cortisol 220ng/mL
DHEA-sulfate 1070 ng/mL

Total testosterone 3.8 ng/mL

This was my previous test, i can get my last test at septembre

describe diet [some create substantial damage with starvation diets]

I don’t follow a specific diet. I eat about 2500kcal (90g fat max, 150g protein)

describe training [some ruin there hormones by over training]

4 day split.
Day 1 Chest/Triceps/Abs. Day 2 Back/biceps/Abs. Day 3 Legs/Abs. Day 4 Schoulders/Abs.
I try to lift heavy everyday. I try to increase weights or reps

testes ache, ever, with a fever?

Never

how have morning wood and nocturnal erections changed

Sometimes strong but mostly pathetic.

This is my oral body temperatures from when I wake up (yesterday): 35.7°C => 96.26 °F
at mid afternoon: 35.6 °C => 96.08 °F

I’ll have another blood test after 2 months so i asked this: fT4, fT3, TSH, LH/FSH, TT, FT, E2

I started training for over 2 years but today, I am still skinny (with 20% fat). I tried also to increase my calorie but I gain only fat. That’s why i visited my endo and she see my hypothyroidism. She gave me l-thyroxine, 25µg everyday. She said also that my Testosterone is normal, but i don’t believe her. My T level is like an old man.

I was not using iodized salt but i start yesterday.

(Sorry for my bad english but I’m french)

read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with a lot more info as suggested ← read carefully!!!
consider the suggested causes of low T, low T is not the cause, it is a symptom

post all lab data WITH RANGES

TSH=3 is a problem!

• read the thyroid basics sticky
  • have you been using iodized salt continuously for years?
  • post your oral body temperatures from when you wake up and mid afternoon [F degrees please]

get more labs

• fT4
  • fT3
  • TSH
  • fasting cholesterol
  • fasting glucose
  • CBC
  • ALT/AST
  • LH/FSH ← very important, not just LH, must have FSH
  • TT
  • FT
  • E2

We may suggest others after you post some data about you.

Où vous situez-vous?

Read below. This is a duplicate due to my slow internet connection

Thank you for your answer KSman. I’m reading right now the Thyroid Basics.

My doctor gave me “L-tyroxine” for my thyroid for 3 months. I’ll have a new bloodwork after this treatment and after that, i’ll give you what you need.

Do you think I can build muscle with this rate of T?

De Belgique, Bruxelles

Thank you KSman

• have you been using iodized salt continuously for years?
  • post your oral body temperatures from when you wake up and mid afternoon [F degrees please]

If your body temperatures are low, your thyroid med dose is too small, if body temps are high, dose is too large. You do not need to wait for labs in 3 months to know what is going on.

Your body converts T4–>T3. This is primarily done in the thyroid itself. When one needs to take thyroid meds, T4–>T3 in peripheral tissues becomes important. For some, this does not happen and T4 therapy can lead to low levels of T3 and many symptoms of hypothyroidism. Many doctors simply do not understand this. In these cases, one needs to take a T4+T3 medication.

Can we see you old lab work?

Hi,

My wife said me she don’t know about this salt. So I guess not.
How can I take my oral body temperatures, I do not have the equipment to measure.

I don’t have my last lab work, i can get it when i see my doc.

So this is the previous:

Creatinine 0.83 mg/dL
GFR >60 mL/min

Proteine 8.7 g/dL

TSH 2.2 mcU/mL => 3.3 on my last test
FT4 13.5 pg/mL

cortisol 220ng/mL
DHEA-sulfate 1070 ng/mL

Total testosterone 3.8 ng/mL

Tsh over 2 is a problem. Research iodine before supplementing that shit…

Post ranges with labs and get everything you have from your doctor.

I bought (eBay) the oral thermometer. I’ll send result probably next week. If i find iodized salt on supermarkt, i’ll try :slight_smile:

This is my oral body temperatures from when I wake up: 35.7�°C => 96.26�°F
at mid afternoon: 35.6�°C => 96.08�°F
It’s very low, so what ? I need to increase my thyroid med ?

PS: My first post has been edited

Low temperatures while taking thyroid medication:

• low body temperatures indicate a thyroid function problem.
    – this can be from too small dose
    – or rT3 is blocking a good fT3 level
    – or your body is not effective at converting fT4–>fT3

You need TSH, fT3, fT4 labs and rT3 if possible.

Overall, TSH is indicating that thyroid medication is not working. Your hypothalamus is not seeing enough fT4+fT3 in your blood and is causing the pituitary to increase TSH to try to get more thyroid hormones.

You can try more thyroid medication and watch body temperatures. You may need a T4+T3 medication that delivers T3.

High TSH may cause the thyroid to get bigger or lumpy.

I am including the following for your consideration:

This is standard advice maintained here:

There is a huge amount of knowledge in the stickies. Please study these. Start with the advice for new guys sticky.

There is a lot to read there, so read carefully. There are suggestions for things that are root causes of low testosterone [T]. Low T is a symptom, not a root cause itself. But low T itself is a root cause of many of the symptoms one experiences. Note that other things cause the same spectrum of symptoms, so do not have T tunnel vision. Many docs are guilty of that and they only treat the symptom [low T] and do not attempt to find the real problem. If you go to a clinic that specializes in low T, you will get T tunnel vision for sure.

Post info about yourself as suggested in the above sticky. We need labs, almost all of your labs, not just hormones. We also need the lab ranges.

We see a very high number of thyroid issues in the population of guys that show up here. So there is a strong focus on that. Most people are iodine deficient to some degree. Your history of iodine intake from iodized salt and vitamins that list iodine is important. If you become iodine deficient, the RDA [recommended daily allowance] is inadequate for recovery of iodine stores. Please see the thyroid basics sticky for more information.

You do not want to suffer from subclinical hypothyroidism or get Rx thyroid meds to treat iodine deficiency.

If you are injecting T or contemplating that, read the protocol for injections sticky.

There are stickies for finding a TRT doc, estradiol [E2] and lab work.

Do not place your history or treatment details in the stickies! That belongs in your thread. Keep all of your posts in your thread so we can have a clear picture of your situation and needs.

Thank you ksman!

for now, let’s make assumptions. What if I have low FT ? And if I have low LH/FSH?

my brothers have the same symptoms as me. So i presume it’s something hereditary…

My doctor does not want to act. For her, my T level is normal… I can’t live well with these symptoms :frowning:
What can I tell her? I don’t want to have high T level, just normal level…

Me and my brothers and maybe my father, have the same symptoms, you can read at my first post. The main symptom : low libido, low energy everyday, can’t gain muscle only fat etc…

I understand low T is a symptom, but a symptom of what? I don’t think my hypothyroidism can kill my T…

If this was the case you could try a serm restart.

Thyroid problems can mess with your T and also somewhat share symptoms

What is this ? serm restart…
I did not found something concrete on Google

Why do you think it will work for me ? Tell me what you think…
:slight_smile:

PS: I think I have hypogonadism, but it’s just my opinion

You were talking hypothetical an asked what if…

I don’t know that it would work for you but it is an option that I would try before TRT

It would raise lh and fsh and then you would see what effect it has on your T by doing lab work

Look up clomid or nolvadex for men

You would want to take a low dose as to not desensitize lh receptors.

You never drop off these drugs always taper off and land on and aromatase inhibitor.

Get your blood work and go from there

Ksman advised that u read the stickies carefully. I suggest the same thing and answer the questions he has layed out.

Thank you for the answer. I’ve read the stickies but i did not find something about serm restart. Maybe i need to read again lol

So if clomid or nolvadex works fine, i need to continue everyday ?

What do you mean by “Low dose” ?

Please can you rephrase that:
"You never drop off these drugs always taper off and land on and aromatase inhibitor. "

I can’t understand, sorry for my bad english :frowning: I’m french

Edit your first post and add in all the information including ranges and units of your lab work.

I need to wait at septembre to get new ranges and units of my lab work.

I’ll get my new results this week. It seems I have

FSH 1.2 (low)
TSH 1.9 (with thyroxine treatment, i had 3.3)
T 3.4

You have thyroid problems and suspected iodine deficiency.

Thyroxine dose should normalize your body temperatures and lower TSH, appears that you need to increase dose. You should address the iodine deficiency. Are you taking thyroid meds to treat an iodine deficiency?

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/...thryroid_basics