Bad Back Pain

So last year I strained my lower back while doing a landscaping job… I tried everything yoga, foam rolling, massage, electro shock. But the only thig that made it go away was just taking 2 months off enterly.

Last week I was landcaping and boom I did it again. But its summer time and I cant stay out of the gym Im looking and feeling great. I dont want to piss away my gains. I cant squat, DL or anything that puts pressure on the low back. orst of all I cant do shoulders or chest becuase Im still healing from shoulder repair. WTF Im only 36 but I feel like a broken down piece of meat.
What I dont get is how come I can do heavy squats or DL’s and be ok just sore but when I do a days worth of manual labor my back goes to shit.

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:

What I dont get is how come I can do heavy squats or DL’s and be ok just sore but when I do a days worth of manual labor my back goes to shit.[/quote]

IMO…the difference is that the work in the gym is generally static in nature and the landscaping work is more dynamic. Reaction/response time is the first to deteriorate as we age and movement is a ‘symphony’ reaction. I also suspect that your mind/body concentration is better while lifting than while laboring.