Backpacks vs Messenger Bags

Fuck if I know where to put this post.

School is starting up for me in a couple weeks after this summer term finishes.

Anyway, I usually take a notebook, a water bottle, my wallet, a pen, a book (for personal reading) and a journal. To carry all that crap, I take a messenger bag and wear it across my body.

I haven’t experienced any problems with my shoulders bothering me, but I’m trying to correct some postural problems (pretty bad kyphosis and lordosis) and was wondering if using a backpack would be better.

Any suggestions that can give a good physiological reason as to why one would be better than another?

I’d think a backpack is better because it has even weight distribution over both of you shoulders as long as you wear it on both of your shoulders. But ask a chiropractor to be certain

Sounds good to me. I have an appointment with my chiro next week.

I remember reading something by Cressey a while back about backpacks and shoulder bags, but I can’t remember where and what he said.

The only people I see with messenger bags are emos.

You aren’t THAT GUY are you?

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:

You aren’t THAT GUY are you?[/quote]

+1.

Really, really try to avoid messenger bags so you don’t catch the ghey/lame/dumbass/douche/turd/emo.

Messenger bag is one feminine step away from wearing a purse.

Guys that jumped out of airplanes in WWII, back before all the kinks were worked out of the process, wore messenger bags/shoulder bags.

Yeah, I have a messenger bag (authentic WWII surplus picked up at a surplus store). When I was in college I wore a back pack AND the shoulder bag AND walked 5 miles home from campus with that stuff.

messenger bags are cooler.

fuck you guys, im not an emo.

youve cought the GHEY

I use both, I have to many books to stuff into a backpack.

Sounds like a you’re not carrying that much. It won’t really matter - just switch the shoulder you use.

Messenger bags are great when actually riding a bike (duh). And if you’re a little bit dressed up, both backpacks and briefcases can look dorky.

[quote]SSC wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

+1.

Really, really try to avoid messenger bags so you don’t catch the ghey/lame/dumbass/douche/turd/emo.[/quote]

Do you guys drive trucks?

I bet you drive trucks.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
SSC wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

+1.

Really, really try to avoid messenger bags so you don’t catch the ghey/lame/dumbass/douche/turd/emo.

I bet you drive trucks.[/quote]

Shit I drive a car, I must have gotten ghey without realizing it.

With that small of a load I think you would be fine. Messenger bags are not gay, people are gay.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

fuck you guys, im not an emo.[/quote]

Messenger bags are only cooler if…

wait, I’m wrong.

They are never cooler.

Emo boy. Now, go cry. Cry emo, cry.

[quote]Gerg wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

fuck you guys, im not an emo.

Messenger bags are only cooler if…

wait, I’m wrong.

They are never cooler.

Emo boy. Now, go cry. Cry emo, cry.[/quote]

Messenger bags are so cool that they were designed to hold laptops before laptops existed.

its whatever dudew cause i keep mad shit in my bag anyway. like if im headin somewhere for a while i got condoms, an extra shirt, maybe a wifebeater, gum, misc. papers, phone charger whatever else i may need.

this is honestly the first place i ever heard anyone say anything negative about a messenger bag…or even bring them up in general.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
its whatever dudew cause i keep mad shit in my bag anyway. like if im headin somewhere for a while i got condoms, an extra shirt, maybe a wifebeater, gum, misc. papers, phone charger whatever else i may need.

this is honestly the first place i ever heard anyone say anything negative about a messenger bag…or even bring them up in general.[/quote]

There’s a lot of people here that need to constantly prove that they would never, ever ever, even by accident, when drunk, stick it in a dude.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
SSC wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:

+1.

I bet you drive trucks.[/quote]

I drive sedans.

[quote]dmunro wrote:
Messenger bag is one feminine step away from wearing a purse.[/quote]

I use one instead of a purse.

Just get a backpack.