Back Twice a Week

[quote]dt79 wrote:
I’ll make it short and simple.

Bullshit.[/quote]

ok, maybe new topic is needed because this went to far from back muscles

Haha glad you’re a good sport.

sorry, I don’t know what a “good sport” means. But really, I could discuss if you want to.

ok, checked - “good sport” appreciated

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]tonaryzu wrote:
2,5 hour in the gym is too long for natural - 45 min is the time when testosterone level starts decreasing and cortisol is overbalancing. Actually you’re right in the rest, I don’t like only the numbers :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Na I don’t buy that. My sessions usually take about 2.5 hours. Sometimes on the weekend I’ll go for 4 or 5 hours. 6 days a week. I’ve still been getting stronger.[/quote]

Yeah, but you are still weak as hell. Maybe you should listen to our Polish friend.

Like mentioned above, split the back into width one day and thickness the other.

Guys, I needed ur help with identifying if the workout below will work for mass gaining for the back

Lat pulldown 3 sets 10-15
Barbell rows 4 sets 8-12
One arm dumbbell rows 4 sets 10-15
Reverse grip lat pull down 3 sets 10-15
Reverse grip barbell rowing 3 sets 8-12
Deadlifts 3 sets 10-20
Dumbbell pullovers 3 sets 15-20

Too many exercises and too much volume I would imagine for your experience level. Especially if your asking this question… try 3-4 exercises and execute them properly. As well do some reading up on what proper back training looks like. This site has many articles explaining this

Which of those exercises should I cut on then…which would the important ones be…
Here is the list
Lat pulldown 3 sets 10-15 this is wide grip
Barbell rows 4 sets 8-12
One arm dumbbell rows 4 sets 10-15
Reverse grip lat pull down 3 sets 10-15
Reverse grip barbell rowing 3 sets 8-12
Deadlifts 3 sets 10-20
Dumbbell pullovers 3 sets 15-20

I will keep both the barbell rows please :joy::joy::sunglasses:

Deadlift and Barbell Row for a moderate number of sets and reps 2 times a week. Increase sets, reps, or weights to trick your body into deadlifting 500 lbs for 10 reps and rowing 300 for 10 reps. If you are able to accomplish this, you will be goddamn guaranteed to have a big back as well as the ability to rip someone’s head clean off.

Or you can continue to piddle with pussy weights and accessorizing your workout like it’s your new barbie doll, always wondering if your lack of mind muscle connection keeps you back, until you give in and start juicing.

Chutiya Bhanki bhanchod kya bol raha hai…I asked such a simple qs… Can u just answer the question… Or someone else answer it… Please tell me which exercises I should include in my routine for gaining mass and size for the back… Ik only 3 sets per exercise…

Try this exercise:

Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Wait ten minutes, then put your head inside.

I think there’s something to be said about getting strong on the basic exercises. Paul Carter recently posted a Facebook status and in that he said “if you’re coming to me wondering why your triceps are small, and you can’t close grip bench 405, I know what your problem is.”

If you can’t deadlift 500+ for 5-10 reps, barbell row 275+ for 5-10 reps, and do weighted pull-ups or chins with 90+lbs hanging from a belt, the basics will treat you well.

Day 1 - Deadlifts/Chin or pull-ups
Day 2 - Rows/Chins or pull-ups

5-10 rep sets, 3-5 sets each. Keep the DL in the lower range, around 5 reps so form breakdown isn’t as bad. Let’s say you’re doing 4 sets of 8-10 reps on pull-ups, once you complete all sets within that rep range, add 2.5 to 5lbs next workout. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like