Back training as a newbie advice needed

Hi,

I am trying to get back training. i was previously 24 stone, and got down as low as 17.5 stone, now i am approx 19.5 as I moved house and the gym locally is not as good as home.

I know it is a lame excuse but it took me out of my comfort zone, and the trainer i had moved away.

Looking to do it all on my own. looking for advice on,

• How to detox to clear the crap out of my system
  • the best first steps to cutting weight in the gym on my own
  • beginner programs
  • which protein to take which would have no sugar intake
  • how to stop craving’s for sweets / chocolate and other bad foods.

Hope you can help,

Dave

You don’t need to “detox” or anything like that. Just start eating sensibly. Lots of protein (beef, chicken, turkey, eggs, etc), vegetables, and healthy carbs.

Just get a general whey protein protein powder. I get mine from walmart bc it’s cheaper.

Programs:
5/3/1
Texas method
juggernaut method

Dont forget to do some kind of conditioning, and don’t forget to stretch

[quote]Chris87 wrote:
You don’t need to “detox” or anything like that. Just start eating sensibly. Lots of protein (beef, chicken, turkey, eggs, etc), vegetables, and healthy carbs.

Just get a general whey protein protein powder. I get mine from walmart bc it’s cheaper.

Programs:
5/3/1
Texas method
juggernaut method

Dont forget to do some kind of conditioning, and don’t forget to stretch[/quote]

If you’re in Ireland, you may be able to order from a certain UK protein website that has good prices. Shouldn’t be hard to find.

@daveog

“how to stop craving’s for sweets / chocolate and other bad foods”.

This might be mentioned in quite a lot of places but usually your cravings could be down to lack of water. So whenever you feel like your craving something, drink water.

Again, the craving is a test of your mind, and your aim is to power through this. If your serious about losing weight, take Chris87’s advice on board and make sure you don’t fall victim to what your mind will tell you. It will tell you everything you wanna hear even if its gonna do you no good. As well as being strong in the gym, you also need to be strong mentally. Only then will you make serious progress.