T Nation

Back to Work

Hey guys just recently got back into the gym about 3 months ago 4 days a week an going strong just not getting what I want to see so here's my question uv never took any kind of steroids an guy I know told me starting out I should try test an Decca but I'm not sure I'm look for pointers advise if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated

I'm 5'9 an recently lost 30+ lbs due to my fiancé walking out on me with my kids but now that I have my head on straight I'm looking to get big but not to big for my size I weigh 150.7 at the moment

So you’ve been going to the gym for 3 months and aren’t happy with your results and probably suffering from depression after your spouse and children left and are considering a test and deca cycle? I don’t think this would be recommended.

Focus on the basics before considering anything else: a good diet, adequate recovery, stress reduction, technique, a proven training program, etc. Without a solid foundation you won’t get very far - this is true in all aspects of life.

Forget about even thinking about using any kind of AAS. Work on your diet and training. Since you just lost 30lbs, I can assume your calorie/carb intake is low. If you want to get bigger, you need to eat more. You can gain muscle but not “too much” muscle by eating right, enough, training smart and hard, and being consistent with all those things. Your profile says you’re 24. This is more than possible at your age.

With that being said, what is your diet like right now? How are you approaching your training?

Google “deca dick” and see what an idiot your guy is for suggesting that you take such a combo despite having no experience with gear. Then decide if you’ll ever listen to his advice on any subject again. Or just punch him in the face the next time you see him.

Well he’s in his 40s he’s pretty ripped up to be his age an he’s someone who encouraged me to join the gym but I’m not on a diet plan an to be honest I don’t even know where to start iv googled stuff but honestly I start getting confused on what to eat when to wait how much to eat now I can eat a lot but it’s nothing healthy if I could find someone to kinda give me an example of what I need to eat when an how much on a 7 day period I do appreciate the advice though glad I haven’t bought anything just want to do it the right way an be healthy at the same time

[quote]Bradboothe7 wrote:
Well he’s in his 40s he’s pretty ripped up to be his age an he’s someone who encouraged me to join the gym but I’m not on a diet plan an to be honest I don’t even know where to start iv googled stuff but honestly I start getting confused on what to eat when to wait how much to eat now I can eat a lot but it’s nothing healthy if I could find someone to kinda give me an example of what I need to eat when an how much on a 7 day period I do appreciate the advice though glad I haven’t bought anything just want to do it the right way an be healthy at the same time[/quote]

Use the search function on here. Search for “beginner routine” and “simple diet”. Sorted.

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]Bradboothe7 wrote:
Well he’s in his 40s he’s pretty ripped up to be his age an he’s someone who encouraged me to join the gym but I’m not on a diet plan an to be honest I don’t even know where to start iv googled stuff but honestly I start getting confused on what to eat when to wait how much to eat now I can eat a lot but it’s nothing healthy if I could find someone to kinda give me an example of what I need to eat when an how much on a 7 day period I do appreciate the advice though glad I haven’t bought anything just want to do it the right way an be healthy at the same time[/quote]

Use the search function on here. Search for “beginner routine” and “simple diet”. Sorted.
[/quote]

In a nutshell. Or just search ‘5/3/1’ and ‘simple diet’. You don’t need to get on the juice. That guy was a careless idiot to tell you to do that.

I’m going to just echo what others are saying.

Steroids is, potentially, a life long decision. Why? It may permanently screw you up, leaving you having to take a TRT dose for the rest of your life just be normal. Maybe you won’t even give a fuck about being super big & strong in 3 years?

You can get pretty damn muscular and strong without any drugs. Granted, it’ll be faster with drugs, but there are some serious risks with it. Do your own research; don’t just listen to some dude trying to sell you shit.

And you can get pretty big & strong naturally. I too started lifting in my mid-20’s, by the way.

Read pretty much any 10 articles here especially those by Dan John,Jim wendler etc.

The information here can get you up to say 170 pretty quickly without having to spend a dime on supplements let alone gear.

If you want to speed things up get a quality protein powder and creatine and thats it.