T Nation

Back To The Future

“That IS the date that the doc programmed in originally before the Libyans came (so still cool), but it got reset back to 1955 when Marty jumped in (obviously) in BTTF1, and then in BTTF2 he goes to 2015 (October 21) not 2010.”

LULZ

They don’t make cool ass movies like this anymore man … Back to the Future was an awesome movie

that’s a photoshop.

google it

Where’s my damn hover-board?!

S

I was born the day before Back to the Future. Which just happens to have been last week. We both turned 25 and shared a cake together, it was magical.

BTF1 hit me square in the jaw as a 10 year old. One of those movies that comes out at an absolute perfect time in your life where you get it and are amazed by the whole thing. It still holds up. I love that movie.

The other two? Not at all. BTF1 is it for me.

^^ Yeah it was a great movie.

Neat thing: My parents got married on November 12th 1955.

Oh, jehovasfitness is right… it’s not true…no July 6th 2010 in the movie.

I had just started dating my wife when the first BTTF came out (I took her to see it on our date).
That was a magical summer… and that film just felt so right and that anything was possible then.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

For realz. I was guaranteed one of these back in elementary school so someone had better pay up…quick!

I still want a black Toyota 4x4 with roll bars. :slight_smile:

I seriously saw it at 1:21pm lawl. I was like #TQ%#UY$Q%EY#. Sweet.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
They don’t make cool ass movies like this anymore man … Back to the Future was an awesome movie[/quote]

One of my fears is that they’ll remake this movie and it will suck serious ass, and kids everywhere will be oblivious to the originals awesomeness because of it. Easily one of the 10 coolest movies of all time.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:
They don’t make cool ass movies like this anymore man … Back to the Future was an awesome movie[/quote]

One of my fears is that they’ll remake this movie and it will suck serious ass, and kids everywhere will be oblivious to the originals awesomeness because of it. Easily one of the 10 coolest movies of all time.[/quote]

If anyone does it, it’ll be Robert Zemeckis himself using that bullshit motion capture technology where real actors look like emotionless mannequins. But it’ll be in 3D so people will love it! rolls eyes

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

One of my fears is that they’ll remake this movie and it will suck serious ass, and kids everywhere will be oblivious to the originals awesomeness because of it. Easily one of the 10 coolest movies of all time.[/quote]

If anyone does it, it’ll be Robert Zemeckis himself using that bullshit motion capture technology where real actors look like emotionless mannequins. But it’ll be in 3D so people will love it! rolls eyes[/quote]

I still think Polar Express is a great story, just really poorly told. Unfortunate.

And I wanted that 4x4 Toyota so damn bad too. When Universal burned a couple years ago I remember thinking “please Lord don’t let the Hill Valley square burn down…”

It did though. Sucks

silly bozos, hovers boards don’t work on water, unless you got POOOWERRRRR

I was surprised that, despite casting a who’s who of 80’s era actors, Back to the Future was able to avoid all the cheesiness of movies from the era.

Teen Wolf was on TNT or some channel like that recently and I watched it for about 30 minutes. While certainly not the worst movie ever, it sure lived up to every 1980’s movie stereotype one can think of.

Red Dawn and Top Gun are a couple of other “80s” movies that really date themselves.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I had just started dating my wife when the first BTTF came out (I took her to see it on our date).
That was a magical summer… and that film just felt so right and that anything was possible then.[/quote]

Last month was my 19 anniversary so being the casonova sumbitch that I am I decided to purchase the first movie we ever went to see together awwwwwwww how cute and surprise her with it. It was called “Making The Grade” with Judd Nelson.

It was un-watchable lolz! That 80’s sountrack was horrible and so was the movie. We made it halfway through before yanking the DVD. And to top it all off my wife doesen’t even remmber seeing the movie in the first place!

Epic failure all around for me :frowning:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

For realz. I was guaranteed one of these back in elementary school so someone had better pay up…quick![/quote]

Real honest-to-goodness hoverboards are on the way, if there’s any truth to this:

I saw Teen Wolf the other week too. Doesn’t hold up.

It’d be funny if Family Guy did a BTF1 spoof remake like they did with Star Wars.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

Here’s my problem with most movies recently: They’re all remakes of movies and shows from 20 years ago; or adaptations of books.

Fuckin BTTF was original. Goonies was a fuckin bad ass movie. Raiders of the Lost Ark was amazing. It seems we don’t have imagniative directors/screenplay writers anymore. What we get is recycled garbage with loud explosions and “uh-ma-zing” special effects.

I remember thinking as a kid how cool it would be to be Marty McFly. He was what? 17 in those movies? Fucking traveling through time. Uhm, Hello, that’s pretty fuckin sweet. Those kids in Goonies? My age when I saw that movie, maybe a few years older, searching for fucking One Eyed Willies rich stuff. How fucking cool was that damn movie? Even the dead Fed in the freezer was a cool scene and it didn’t require anything over the fucking top special effects or an exhorbinant amount of blood and violence. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. Shit the first 3 Indiana Jones movies were the shit! Even though the 3rd one came out in the 90’s.

Predator came out in the 80’s too. And now we get Predators? Aliens was FAR superior to Alien. And now James Cameron gave us Avatar. Fuck off James, you done fell off ya game son. Aliens was waaaay fuckin’ cooler than Avatar. I remember the first time seeing that movie and Bill Paxton freakin out yellin “Game over man! Game over.” I can’t tell you how many times I used that line to opponents while playing sports as I just delivered the death blow or something (especially while talkin trash in hockey).