I seen you at the bar on Friday night - Ouroboro_s

Very nice! Looks like fun!

Nice.

I was hanging there looking for the next step and realized I was at the top. He is a slave driver

Post meet deload day three

More playing around

Trap bar deadlift
135-2x8
185-2x5
205-5
225-5
235-5
255-2

The rest of the time I played on the climbing rig. I’m trying to get better at the pegs and rings. I tried to find an image for it but couldn’t. It’s a series of wooden pegs set up an incline fashioned from 2x10 wood. You end up hanging over open air… There are two wooden rings. You grab the rings and try to climb the incline by swinging over and up and catching the next peg with the ring. I made it to the top but started losing grip strength. The next step is to swing across a wider gab and peg down the other side. It starts to get a bit scary because you’re hanging pretty high at the top. You fall on thick mats but when you get the swing and momentum to move over and up and miss the ring it’s kind of a tumble. I thought my shoulders would feel it more but they’re fine. My hands, forearms and lats are lit up though. When I get a bit better I’ll take a video.

That sounds like real fun. Use to love doing the peg boards in gym class. Things have gotten a lot more complicated. Got to be helping you grip a lot. too.

New cycle - Week 1 day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
165-3
185-5x3
These were harder than they should have been. My right hip was kicking off. Squatting itself wasn’t too bad but when I walked it out I could feel it in my hip. It bothered me for the rest of the evening.

Swiss bar bench
45-10
65-6
85-6
90-2

RDL
135-10
145-10
155-10

I wanted to play around with the rings again but I couldn’t do much at all. I think I wore my back out squatting. I ended up going back to the stairs and just going up one step, down and resting. I did that six or seven times. There’s a lot of back involved in that stuff.

Week 1 Day 2

Paused bench
45-10
85-5
100-4x3

Incline bench
45-10
65-3x8

Decline Bench
45-10
95-3x8

Look at me doing all the benching…

Squat
45-3x10
This was supposed to be 5x6 at 135 but just squatting with the bar was pulling at my left hamstring and adductor. I called it a day. My quads were tight as hell after squatting Monday which isn’t unusual after I start a new cycle but I don’t know whether that contributed to the antagonist pulling in the hamstring.

More playing on the rings and climbing the stairs.

Week 1 Day 3

Most of the day was spent cleaning out our shed. We started around 10 and finished around 3. There was 3 full truckloads that we took the the transfer station/dump. My lower back was lit before we hit the gym. On the other hand, unloading at the transfer station is fun; you stand in the bed of the truck and just throw shit out. The have mini bulldozers that scoop everything up. Its pretty cathartic.

I’m trying to set my shed up for welding. It is quite large (14x16) and has hydro. However, it was so full of old wood and boxes it was a fire hazard. It’s mostly empty now. I put a couple 4x8 sheets of cement board on the floor for a somewhat fire retardant work surface.

Gym time

Sumo deadlift
135-2x5
225-2
245-1
270-2 add belt
They have a kick ass bar for deadlifting. It’s whippier than our bar and has aggressive knurling. I didn’t need any chalk.

Bench
45-10
95-3
105-2
115-2x1
115-2

SSB squats
45-10
120-5x5
My hip and hamstring felt just fine today.

More playing on the rings and stairs but my back was too fatigued to make much headway.

2 Likes

Today was a non standard gym day. I wanted to go and play on the climbing rig. We went and it didn’t feel any easier than when I lift first. Maybe because I was a bit hung over. I was struggling to move one peg with the rings. The owner stopped over and gave me some good tips for generating momentum. I got to the top again and managed to swing down again. This video shows going up and down. It looks so much easier than it is. Trying to move between pegs feels like I’m reaching for miles. My lats, shoulders and forearms are lit up like crazy. It took a crazy amount of work and energy to generate to momentum to allow movement. You can see it in the video that there is a gap at the top and there is another side to the left that goes down. My next thing will be getting the strength and momentum to swing across the gap. I already have had some pretty spectacular falls and anticipate more.

2 Likes

SOoooo jelly! Looks much more fun than ripping sheet rock out of my house!

It was a lot of fun.

Let’s get real though. I think a colonoscopy would be more fun than ripping off sheet rock in the heat.

1 Like

Week 2 Day 1

Squat
45-10
135-2x5
165-3
190-5x3

Swiss bar bench
45-10
85-4
75-3x5
Holy moley this was weak. I’m pretty sure it’s because I smoked my lats and triceps playing on the rings.

RDL
135-10
145-10
155-10

More playing but I have a bruise on my left arm on the inside of the elbow. I felt a ‘ping’ in my left bicep when I was swinging. I’m pretty sure the bruise is from that. I shut things down immediately.

1 Like

A “ping” doesn’t sound good at all. Hope it was nothing serious.

Ohhhh…I hope your bicep is ok! I learned the hard way that body noises are not good! I hope it’s not a tear!!! Yikes!

@ChickenLittle & @brute_fury I have quite a bruise but I seem to be pain free. I’m still babying it a bit.

2 Likes

Week 2 Day 2

Paused bench
45-10
85-5
100-4x4

Incline bench
45-10
65-8
70-2x8

Decline bench
45-10
93-3x8

Squat
45-10
140-5x5

I played around a bit climbing again but only did stuff with a pronated grip. There are small ledges on the wall that you hold onto with your finger tips, slide along up an incline and then pull yourself up to the next row. I only got up to the second row. I can feel it in my back today.

1 Like

How many powerlifters to you see on the Ninja show thing?

Probably not too many. It’s just like you don’t see a ton of super heavy gymnasts. It sort of lends itself to lighter weight people. Having said that, there are a number of top notch lifters who are former gymnasts.

1 Like

Week 2 Day 3

Sumo deadlift
135-2x5
225-5x2

SSB squat
45-10
125-5x5

Bench
45-10
95-3
105-2
115-4x1

A bit of playing around on the climbing rail. I made it to the third level today. I’ll video that when I’m a bit better. I want to get back to the rings but am sticking to things with pronated grips for the next bit. My bicep bruise is starting to dial back a bit.

Finished off with some sort of hammerstrength seated rows. 3 sets of some unmemorable weight.

I dragged Frank to the mall today. As the end of the month is my sister and brother in laws 30th wedding anniversary and there is a dinner out. I thought I’d like a new dress and shoes and wanted to hit the sales for the summer stuff. I ended up with a couple of cute wrap style dresses and wedge sandals. However, most of the styles at the moment suck ass. The dresses are all loose and gunny sack in style. They were like wearing colourful bags. I’m not sure who they are intended to flatter but it can’t be anyone with a human shaped body.

I understand this completely! IF I am going to put on a dress for some reason, I want to look like I’m wearing dress!