T Nation

Back to It After a 4 Month... Pause

Well I did it.

I met my dream of becoming a United States Marine...unfortunately I haven't been around a weight set since before boot camp...which including MCT Marine Combat Training, means I'm so out of it...it isn't even funny.

Anyways just looking for some help getting back into lifting. I predominately focused on strength before I left but I think I'd really like to focus on size now.

Some information on me:

I'm currently at Combat Engineer school and have access to a gym any day of the week.

I have Unit PT, mostly long runs 3 - 6 miles, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

I have access to some very good chow at the chow halls, omelets & bacon in the morning, pastas in the afternoon, and main meals at night. I'm prepared to eat however I really should, and that includes buying food on my own.

However I'm won't lie, I knew very little about WHAT exactly to eat, even after reading no kidding all the information articles on this site.

Anyways I'm:
135ish lb's.
5ft. 10in. tall.
An example of my Final PFT(9 Pull-ups, 23:10 3 Mile Run, 100+ crunches easy) about a month ago and I recieved no PT during the entire last month(MCT was all hiking basically).

Sorry for the long post, I haven't been on this site in awhile, or had the internet in awhile and it feels good just to type...anyways, I realize I'm asking for alot of help but if T-Nation could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I'm no kidding hardcore about this, but I just need to completely restart and do it completely right this time and I've learned that sometimes that means asking for help when you think you need it.

I'll also be able to get information on whatever is needed and however often unless for some reason training gets in the way in which I should be able to give advance notice, but again it shouldn't get in the way at all.

I’d start out with something tried and true like Ws4sb(III) or a Dan John program for a couple of months.

Here’s a good article to keep in mind when you get deployed:

join and read up in the T-Cell War Room"- the forum for the services, and you’ll get the best answer to your question there.

CP

What exactly is your question?