Back to Basics

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]AquaCruzer wrote:
No sheiko 69???[/quote]
I told him to run #40 and #29 together, or at least back to back, but his vagina isn’t large enough to handle it.

[/quote]
Look who’s talking. Can’t even get your required deadlift weights/reps.[/quote]
Oh shit, you went there.

Oh hey, how’d your meet go?

[/quote]
Awwwwwshit.jpg lolololol

Hahhaha my favorite gif ^

Clax’s sumo DL stance

Where Clax is going to visit this summer

lol

5/3/1 Deadlift C1W1 - 6/15/12

-Warmup
Hip and hamstring mobility
Hip and hamstring stretches
Leg Swings

-Deadlift (conv.)
265x5 hook grip; no belt
305x5 hook grip; no belt
345x10 PR

-Front Squat
135x8
165x8
185x8

-BB Row (pendlay style from the floor)
135x10
185x2x10

-Back Extension
BWx15
Choked MMx12
Choked and looped once MMx12

-Weighted Cable Abs
4x12

Notes: Huge deadlift PR, my best before was 350x4 and 315x12 so this PR is pretty nice. This training session kicked my ass, I was winded the entire training. Military pressing tomorrow!

Rows from the floor ala Pendlays have always ignited my lats for days. Keep up with them, and you’ll by flying back to GAINesville, lolol

Brutal looking session man, way to knock out them ultra high rep deads

edit: after watching vid…DAMN fine job man. Way to grind that last rep out

PJ, I know that you’re working on conventional pulling right now, but do you think that maybe not doing any sumo work at all may not be optimal? As you know, H4M pulled conventional exclusively for a while, and his sumo DL took a pretty big hit.

[quote]xjusticex2013x wrote:
PJ, I know that you’re working on conventional pulling right now, but do you think that maybe not doing any sumo work at all may not be optimal? As you know, H4M pulled conventional exclusively for a while, and his sumo DL took a pretty big hit.[/quote]
Dont know. Form wise it may take a while to get back in the groove but comparing to H4M is like comparing apples to oranges since he is at such a high strength level. I’ll prob do some sumo assistance pulls eventually or something. Definitely not something I’ve just thrown to the wayside for good though. I will get back to them and see how the conventional work carries over.

5/3/1 MP C1W1 - 6/16/12

-Warmup
Shoulder Dislocates
Shoulder Tornadoes
Band Pullaparts

-MP
110x5
130x5
145x6

-DB Row
80x2x8
90x2x8
100x2x8
-then straight into stretchers
4x10

-DB Shoulder Press w/ Fatgripz
40x10
45x2x10

-DIps
BWx3x10

-Facepulls
3x20

-EZbar Curls
3x10

Notes: First time doing reps on MP in a while. Getting back into the groove of it and it felt pretty good overall. The back work was brutal. Things went well overall. Excited for squats on monday!

5/3/1 C1W1 Squat - 6/18/12

Warmup
Hip and Hamstring Mobility
Shoulder dislocates (alot)

Squat
230x5
265x5
300x8 PR

Paused Squat
265(70%)x4x4 PR

Leg Press
2ppsx25
3ppsx2x25

Leg Curls
4x8 w/ 10 partials after last set

Hanging Leg Raise
3x10

Stretched and RR glutes and hips.

Notes: Brutal squat day. Left a couple in the tank; form broke down on rep 7 and even more on 8 so i called it. Great PR. Overall a brutally awesome day.

Really worked on getting my hands in real tight today in order to keep my upper back super tight. I’ve strayed away from that and thus it affected my shoulder mobility. Did alot of shoulder warmup today and was able to get them nice and tight. With my hands in closer I am really able to pin down my elbows so they aren’t chicken winging.

Nice work dude. LOL at everyone doing “arms” behind you

Nice training man. How come you’re not at the other facility anymore?(The one with chains etc.)

5/3/1 C1W2 Bench - 6/20/12

Warmup
Rumble Roll
Stretching
Shoulder Dislocates

Bench
175x3
200x3
225x7 missed 8 at lockout; Tie PR

Deadstop DB Row
70x6x8
then straight into partial pulldowns
4x10

Dead Bench (pin 5)
210(76%)x8x1 30-60sec rest

Low Incline DB Bench
60x10
75x8
90x5 PR

Rolling DB Ext.
20x3x12
then straight into band pushdowns w/ mm
burnoutx20

Rear Delt Machine
3x20

Notes: Solid day. Really wanted that 8th rep on the bench top set. Need to work on staying much tighter when the bar is at my chest.

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:
Need to work on staying much tighter when the bar is at my chest.[/quote]
Cough Paused bench Cough

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:
Cough Paused bench Cough[/quote]
That will more than likely be my secondary bench movement for the next cycle.

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:
That will more than likely be my secondary bench movement for the next cycle.[/quote]
It’s not a separate exercise, why not make your benches paused, and then touch and go as a “secondary” after you hit all your paused benches? Maybe do a “down set” as touch and go or something?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:

[quote]inkaddict wrote:

[quote]pbclax1 wrote:
That will more than likely be my secondary bench movement for the next cycle.[/quote]
It’s not a separate exercise, why not make your benches paused, and then touch and go as a “secondary” after you hit all your paused benches? Maybe do a “down set” as touch and go or something?[/quote]
Either way the work is getting done so it doesn’t really matter. It will work just as well as a secondary movement.