Back Thickness

I can’t seem to nail it and its starting to piss me off. I have achieved a v-taper but heaven forbid I do a rear double biceps or a side triceps. My back is fucking flat. Part of it is my neglect of my rear delts but I’m working on that. Well my back routine consists of t-bar rows, bent-over barbell rows, seated cable rows, and finished off with one-arm dumbbell rows. I do deads every other back day. Anyone have any suggestions?

I feel like good mornings and heavy cable rows have helped me a lot.

try rack pulls

no chins/pull-downs for your back?

you don’t do chinups? that is your problem.

weighted chinups.

Depends where you need the thickness to. Upper back thickness is best achieved with face pulls. Honestly as many shrugs and deads as I’ve done and believe me they have helped you need to attack the back from every angle to thicken it. Deads and rows are great for the lower half of the back. But you need to hit all angles

i highly suggest heavy rack pulls if you’re not doing them. You can do them just below the knee or add some weight and do just below - varying them is a good idea.
introducing other exercises that you neglected for a while will also add some growth. These would be chinups(pullups) and face pulls.

good luck

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
I can’t seem to nail it and its starting to piss me off. I have achieved a v-taper but heaven forbid I do a rear double biceps or a side triceps. My back is fucking flat. Part of it is my neglect of my rear delts but I’m working on that. Well my back routine consists of t-bar rows, bent-over barbell rows, seated cable rows, and finished off with one-arm dumbbell rows. I do deads every other back day. Anyone have any suggestions? [/quote]

Keep that routine, 1 to 2 x per week, plus keep weight between 3 and 12 reps periodically. Thats what has worked for me.

Maybe even choose 2 - 3 thickness exercises and do 3 - 4 sets of each, but IMO either plan should work.

Joe

rack pulls/deadlifting and face pulls.

I do perform pulldowns and chin-ups but I didn’t consider them, probably incorrectly, mass building movements. I believe, yet again forgive my ignorance, they are in par with the dumbbell flye for chest. I know chin-ups are effective mass builders but I can only do maybe 6 with my bodyweight. I haven’t done rack pulls but will do today. I also haven’t been doing alot of low rep stuff. I still go pretty heavy but only go as low as 8 reps on all my exercises, but I guess its time see what this bad boy can do at 4-6 reps. Thanks fellers!

Yeah I wasn’t going heavy enough. Today was back day. I feel like a got hit by a truck driven by renegade day laborers.