Back Squat and Close Grip Bench PBs

Back Squat and Close Grip Bench PB

tried 182kg/400lbs about 5 minutes later but got pinned in the bottom.

Nice bench. Moved smoothly. Try and keep your ass planted though, looks like it might have lifted a bit. Not that it’s a huge deal, but if you’re looking for criticism that’s about all I have for you haha.

Squat looks pretty smooth too. Surprised you failed 400 haha but I sympathize completely. Today I smashed 365 and jumped straight to 395 to try and PR, got pinned right in the bottom. I can’t wait to finally break the 405 barrier, it has been a long time coming. I don;t know if you opened up your stance at all (based on the other thread) but I would still suggest you move your feet out a few inches. I think you would get much more hip drive to compliment your quads if you did that, and your squat would look more athletic and simply move nicer if you were just a little wider, hips were a little more between your feet, and you stayed a tiny bit more upright. I know it’s a stylistic thing, but I feel like those little tweaks would serve you well.

Either way, nice lifting buddy, keep at it.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Nice bench. Moved smoothly. Try and keep your ass planted though, looks like it might have lifted a bit. Not that it’s a huge deal, but if you’re looking for criticism that’s about all I have for you haha.

Squat looks pretty smooth too. Surprised you failed 400 haha but I sympathize completely. Today I smashed 365 and jumped straight to 395 to try and PR, got pinned right in the bottom. I can’t wait to finally break the 405 barrier, it has been a long time coming. I don;t know if you opened up your stance at all (based on the other thread) but I would still suggest you move your feet out a few inches. I think you would get much more hip drive to compliment your quads if you did that, and your squat would look more athletic and simply move nicer if you were just a little wider, hips were a little more between your feet, and you stayed a tiny bit more upright. I know it’s a stylistic thing, but I feel like those little tweaks would serve you well.

Either way, nice lifting buddy, keep at it. [/quote]

thanks for the comment. i did not move my stance out at all since i wanted to practice with a wider stance before testing it. I will move it out from now on and see how it feels

yeah let me know man. Maybe you won’t like it, maybe you will. I hope it feels good though, I have been feeling great ever since I pushed it out just a couple inches.