Back Pain

Wasnt sure where to ask this I figured some of you guys over 35 have dealt with this. Im 35 and 6 weeks ago I was doing a large landscaping job lots of shoveling…The next day I could bareley get out of my truck… My low back is constantley sore… I went to Chiropractor/acupuncture I tried everything even the hot cups 3x a week the last 6 weeks. It seems to only feel better for a few hrs after treatments.

My X ray showed no slipped disk… How long should a back strain/sprain last? I was deadlifting 400lbs a few months ago Im shocked a day of hard work could have done this… Any tips for fast recovery from you guys?

What kind of Chiro? One that specializes in sports injuries is better. If it is still going on that is excessive for no disk herniation. Is it just in the back? Any radiation to legs? Are you taking any NSAIDS?

He’s just a regular chriro… It wasnt a sports injury… My Xray showed no disc slips…Its just lower back and side. I think its from shoveling 2 trucks of mulch… NSAIDS??? Is that like asprin?

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
He’s just a regular chriro… It wasnt a sports injury… My Xray showed no disc slips…Its just lower back and side. I think its from shoveling 2 trucks of mulch… NSAIDS??? Is that like asprin?[/quote]

Do you lift weights? Cause what I am saying is for a sports Chiro he is used to seeing people who do more than lift a 12 oz beer and sit on their ass all day.

Sorry I was busy when I typed that Motrin/Advil/Aleve/Naproxen/Ibuprofen are all NSAIDS and yes aspirin is also.

O ok I see what you mean… I never asked him I will ask him. Yes I’ve been taking Ibuprofin… Seems to come and go. I recently tried some YOGA it helped

What I have told others is find a local sports team, high school, semi pro, college whatever and find out who they use.

I agree with getting to a sports chiro but also what I did was made sure my chiro was an athlete himself. Also, you are on the right path with the yoga. Stretching your butt and hams is uber important and so is stretching your lower abs. Once you get that tight pain to go away you’ll want to get to work on your core strength. You gotta be mindfull at this point because although you were lucky enough not to have slipped anything at our age it could be that one little thing you do that starts you down that path. Once the back goes it has to be your primary thought before lifting anything awesome. Good luck brutha!

^ Great points, my chiro played college football as an RB and he totally understands about what I do in regards to lifting. A ton of back pain can be linked to tight and under developed hammies, I am a walking reminder.