Back Pain and Proper Training

Hello there,
I am an 18 (19 very soon) year old student who has been suffering from back pain for a year or more now. Ive been training seriously from age 14(seriously means heavy weights and consistent training and diet), but constant bouts of pain left me without training for relatively long periods of time(sadly ranging from 1 month to 9 months).

Especially my squat and deadlift suffered from these problems (at one point I was squatting 250 kgs for 6), and after my last checkup from the doc, he prohibited me any exercises that compress the spine, or put strain to my back (i have upper back problems no lower back ones), so I am left puzzled and confused on how should I train(being that squats, deads, standing military presses etc are off limits)and what back rehab exercises should I perform, bearing in mind that I want to pursue my bodybuilding and strength goals.
Thanks in advance

[quote]Marlind wrote:
Hello there,
I am an 18 (19 very soon) year old student who has been suffering from back pain for a year or more now. Ive been training seriously from age 14(seriously means heavy weights and consistent training and diet), but constant bouts of pain left me without training for relatively long periods of time(sadly ranging from 1 month to 9 months).

Especially my squat and deadlift suffered from these problems (at one point I was squatting 250 kgs for 6), and after my last checkup from the doc, he prohibited me any exercises that compress the spine, or put strain to my back (i have upper back problems no lower back ones), so I am left puzzled and confused on how should I train(being that squats, deads, standing military presses etc are off limits)and what back rehab exercises should I perform, bearing in mind that I want to pursue my bodybuilding and strength goals.
Thanks in advance[/quote]

That’s a pretty heavy question to answer. However I’d start by looking at your program/technique and try to determine how your pain developed ie when you deadlift does your upper body fold in half. And be honest, ask a mate because ignoring the Dr’s instructions and then repeating the exact same aggravating factor would be a little silly.

No, you have misunderstood me, I am following what the doctor suggested, but as he is not a bodybuilder he couldn’t give me a proper training routine. Therefore I am asking on the safest way I can proceed with my workouts. At the moment Im thinking of doing bilateral leg training, but I am really unsure about back training ( training other body parts is not a problem). As for the cause, I do not know. Apparently the problem is microherniation of a disk but operating it at this point would be silly, usually they retract on their own.