[quote]pumped340 wrote:
sid132 wrote:
deadlift 6 sets
bent over rows 4 sets
pull ups 4 sets
revese grip pull downs 1 set
back extensions 3 sets

are those all work sets?

I counted Johnnie Jackson’s and it came out to 13 actual work sets. Damn, All about 15 reps too.

CC did you lie to me? lol [/quote]

Counted them… In which vid?

Did he do them at the same weight or what?

I couldn’t really find any full back workouts of his on youtube, only a bunch of warm-ups and random stuff along with his PL deadlift attempts.

ronnie vs johnnie

just a bit of size differnce between the 2

[quote]sid132 wrote:

ronnie vs johnnie quiet a bit of size differnece between the 2

CC:
theres a johnnie jackson video called barn door back on youtube and thats most likely where the sets cam from[/quote]

That barndoor vid is some interview with a few random sets in between, isn’t it? I don’t have sound on this pc unfortunately, so I don’t even know what they’re talking about in there. Thanks for the info though.

from what i rember his sets are
3 sets pull ups
4 sets deadlift
3 sets lat pull down
4 sets seated cable row

here is an artical from his website for back day also if its any help

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/jackson/backroutine.html

[quote]sid132 wrote:
3 sets pull ups
4 sets deadlift
3 sets lat pull down
4 sets seated cable row

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/jackson/backroutine.html[/quote]
From that article:

Bent-Over Rows

• 1 warm-up x 15 reps (135 lbs.)
  • 3 working sets x 10 reps (225 lbs., 315 lbs., 405 lbs.)

Seated Rows

• 3 sets x 20 reps (200 lbs., 250 lbs., 300 lbs.

So he ramps up like everyone else…
Normal ramping on BO rows but keeps the weight closer together on the seated rows (which, considering that he does 20 reps on each of his seated row sets, are probably a pump exercise while BO, Chins and deadlifts are his main moves).

I.e. he traines like everyone else, more or less…

Thanks for the link (I bet lots of people read that article and thought that he uses the same weights every time he trains with no progression lol).

Pumped340, what did you mean then?

"Johnnie leads off chest days with the bench press, warming up with 225 pounds and working his way up to 465 pounds on his fourth set. Johnnie has been known to go heavier when he needs to, and he lists his best bench press as 545 pounds! "

Another excerpt from that site.

So all’s good Pumped340, I didn’t lie to you :wink:

certainly is one strong fucker that JJ i rember seeing a video of him doing side laterals with 100lb dumbells

[quote]sid132 wrote:
certainly is one strong fucker that JJ i rember seeing a video of him doing side laterals with 100lb dumbells [/quote]

Indeed. Considering how little he weighs in PL comps (220-242), he has one absolutely crazy deadlift too (would be a great DL even if he were a lot heavier).

does he weigh that light? last i read he gets up to 290 in the off season?? cant rember where i saw it but his bodybuilding compertiton weight is 240lbs and off season for powerlifting was 290lbs or so. maybe im getting it wrong?

but yeh he has a killer deadlift one strong dude has a good squat to 825lbs i belive

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:

Counted them… In which vid?

Did he do them at the same weight or what?

I couldn’t really find any full back workouts of his on youtube, only a bunch of warm-ups and random stuff along with his PL deadlift attempts.
[/quote]

- YouTube well he said “I do one warm up set and then 3 sets of __ reps”. For pull ups it was 3x15, for the other ones I don’t know. I guess he could still be ramping up on those but he did say he’ll do one warm up set per exercise and then do 3 work sets for it (or 4-5 on deadlifts).

[quote]sid132 wrote:
3 sets pull ups
4 sets deadlift
3 sets lat pull down
4 sets seated cable row

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/jackson/backroutine.html[/quote]

Haha I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw that page, you were right CC. and even if it’s only a 20lb increase on some lifts 80lb. on the first set (DB rows) is probably pretty light if he’s getting 120 on his 3rd set for the same reps.

See this is the kind of stuff that gets people confused including me lol. like you said CC, people see that and unless the weights are listed they’re gonna think he’s doing the same weight for each set.

on another note, 135lb. added for 20 pull ups after 45lb. and 90lb. for 20? Holy shit…

[quote]sid132 wrote:
certainly is one strong fucker that JJ i rember seeing a video of him doing side laterals with 100lb dumbells [/quote]

I didn’t even think that was possible for an exercise like that.

In the video he said he wanted to total 2400 too…

4 sets weighted pull ups
4 sets weighted chins
4 sets seated cable row
4 sets one arm DB row