Back Motivation

What did y’all do this week to work out your back (upper and lower)?

(Johnnie Jackson)

JJ Back Interview

2-3x a week
bent-over db rows
weighted pull-ups (neutral grip)
weighted pull-ups (pronated grip)

3-5x a week
Tabata goblet squats
Tabata dl

545x8 rackpull

Cybex 1-Arm Rows

Pulldowns

Facepulls

thats my B version

heres my A version of back day

Hammer Strength Low Row

Joystick Cable Row

Hammer Strength Hi-Row

maybe some trap work like shrugs.

rear delt flyes

I’m training with my… trainer, so I’m hating the shit out of the routine right now, some crazy circuits. After I’ll finish my fat loss phase, back to the good stuff.

I did weighted chins, rack pulls, single db rows, lat pulldowns at the end. Followed it up with 3000calories of lasagna and a beer! Called it good at that point. Did this Friday. I am very stiff today. Was very good workout.

deadlift 6 sets
bent over rows 4 sets
pull ups 4 sets
revese grip pull downs 1 set
back extensions 3 sets

Markus:

Well, of course there would be a video of this lil’ guy to motivate:

Great thread. Back is my favourite bodypart to train.

3 sets of 5 for DL - worked up too 460 for 5
3 x 8 Bentover row
3 x 10 Lat Pulldown
3 x 10 Pullover Mcahine
3 x 15 Behind the back Shrugs

Ron: You ready Brian?
Brian: YEP
Ron: HUUUUUUUUUURRRRR
Brian: HAAAAAAAAAAA
Ron: NUUUUUUAAHHHHHHHHHHGGG
Brian: EIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHRAW
Ron: RAWRAWBAAAAAAAAH
Brian: SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBFOBNFJ

lmao gotta love it

[quote]Beerguy wrote:
I did weighted chins, rack pulls, single db rows, lat pulldowns at the end. Followed it up with 3000calories of lasagna and a beer ![/quote] That last part probably makes you more German than me lol [quote] Called it good at that point. Did this Friday. I am very stiff today. Was very good workout. [/quote]

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Beerguy wrote:
I did weighted chins, rack pulls, single db rows, lat pulldowns at the end. Followed it up with 3000calories of lasagna and a beer ! That last part probably makes you more German than me lol Called it good at that point. Did this Friday. I am very stiff today. Was very good workout.

[/quote]

You know Since I dont compete and dont have any plan too. Why deny yourself everything? I love beer! I know you don’t drink beer but I would kill to travel around your country sampling the brew! (To workout with ya too)

Just got home from (upper) back day.

(pyramiding down, w/u not included)

Lat pulldowns (wide grips): 4 sets, 8-15
Lat pulldowns (rev. grips: 3 sets, 8-12
1-arm Lat. P/D: 3 sets, 8-12
Rope Seated rows: 4 sets, 8-12
B-O DB Rows: 5 sets, 8-15
Rev. Incline DB Rows: 3 sets, 6-8 reps
DB Shrugs: 2 sets, 12 reps

Intermittant pullups

I.Love.Back.Day

Win.

[quote]Beerguy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Beerguy wrote:
I did weighted chins, rack pulls, single db rows, lat pulldowns at the end. Followed it up with 3000calories of lasagna and a beer ! That last part probably makes you more German than me lol Called it good at that point. Did this Friday. I am very stiff today. Was very good workout.

You know Since I dont compete and dont have any plan too. Why deny yourself everything? I love beer! I know you don’t drink beer but I would kill to travel around your country sampling the brew! (To workout with ya too)[/quote] And to sample my girl huh… Wait, WHAT?

If you ever end up visiting Germany, drop me a message.
We can go drink ourselves into oblivion… Well, you’ll be drinking yourself into oblivion and I’ll drive, I guess, haha

[quote]sid132 wrote:
deadlift 6 sets
bent over rows 4 sets
pull ups 4 sets
back extensions 3 sets [/quote]

are those all work sets?

I counted Johnnie Jackson’s and it came out to 13 actual work sets. Damn, All about 15 reps too.

CC did you lie to me? lol

Gotta agree SteelyD, there’s nothing better than a heavy ass, brutal back day. I gotta say that my greatest motivator is seeing the Big Nasty hitting the lights with his rear lat spread. “LIGHTS OUT!!”

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Beerguy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Beerguy wrote:

You know Since I dont compete and dont have any plan too. Why deny yourself everything? I love beer! I know you don’t drink beer but I would kill to travel around your country sampling the brew! (To workout with ya too) And to sample my girl huh… Wait, WHAT?

If you ever end up visiting Germany, drop me a message.
We can go drink ourselves into oblivion… Well, you’ll be drinking yourself into oblivion and I’ll drive, I guess, haha

[/quote]

Done deal.

[quote]pumped340 wrote:
sid132 wrote:
deadlift 6 sets
bent over rows 4 sets
pull ups 4 sets
back extensions 3 sets

are those all work sets?

I counted Johnnie Jackson’s and it came out to 13 actual work sets. Damn, All about 15 reps too.

CC did you lie to me? lol [/quote]

deadlift has 2 warm up sets in that so more like 4 sets actually and my reps are in the 5-7 range except for back extensions and reverse grip pull downs which are 8-12
its what works for me