Back...Into the Deep End

Getting there my friend…

Trained Tues, and backed off a bit on volume/weights.

Abduct; 4x8@ 145
Adduct; 4x8@ 135

Smith pulls, below knee; up to 3x3@ 315
Seated ext.
OHP; up to 5x1 @ 135
Squats; 5x3@ 135, along with the OHP.

Standing cable crunch; 3x10@ the whole stack :slight_smile: Did some rolling, and that’s all.

All but set on openers and attempts:

SQ: Open @ 315. Hit this for singles (post groin issue), 2nd @ 355ish, see how it feels.

BE: Open @ 248/ 2nd @ 270/ 3rd @ 281…286 if I’m really going well.

DL: Open @ 365/ 2nd @ 405-415/ 3rd is 450+. Going (again) for a 30+ lbs PR jump for DL.

Simple.

You can do those. One strong guy here.

It’s good to have a plan. Best of luck.

Thanks fellas; hardest training is done, now it’s the waiting…

Lifting BE/ easy SQ Sunday, move/lift easy Tues and Thurs…that’s it. Backed off a bit yesterday (DL); set up well to ‘accumulate’ the strength I’ve been working towards. Rest and eat up :)…make a to-do list for the gym time I WONT be using this coming week.

Onward and Upward.

Kick ASS Z !!!

Not much to report training wise; de-load/resting this week, heading into tomorrow. Lost about 10-12lbs in the past 3 weeks (not really on purpose)…probably weight in around 180.

Planning on finishing strong @ a 30+ PR on DL; the rest, I’ll know Sunday around noon :slight_smile:

It’s a mind game now. Get it ready.

Turns out, my Mind wasn’t IN the game…More to follow.

Well…shit.

In a nutshell: I went 5 for 9, missing 2 PR attempts along the way. Worst meet so far (out of 6-7?)…I could hardly lift a thing :frowning:
Week before had one major stressor for me; lost my focus, drive…also, in the last 4 weeks I’d lost 10-12 lbs (not on purpose).
Weighted in at 180lbs on meet day. It happens (life), I just couldn’t let it go.

SQ: Did 315/ 353…missed 381 for PR. Good news, my groin issue was NOT a problem; felt good, back to pre-strain I’d say. Just didn’t have 380 in me. Got up about 1/2 way, and stalled.

BE: Hit my 248 opener…and THAT’S ALL. Missed 264 on my second…and third. Should’ve known after the first miss, but, tried again anyway.

DL: Hit 365 to open, 415 second, and felt pretty good. Missed my 30lbs PR @ 451 to finish off. Could’ve called less, but went in Training for 450+.
I just didn’t want to give up that goal. Pulled to about my knees, and stalled out. Grip was fine, just couldn’t get my hips/back all the way into it…I just set the bar back down.

A real bummer, but stuff happens ::))
Onward and Upward.

Awwww… I wish it would have gone better for you Z. You’ll get it next time.!

How did you lose 10 - 12 lbs not on purpose? What’s your age?

Well that sucks. I would guess is what keeps you motivated. Get back in it.

Thanks everyone, for dropping in.

Biker: After groin pull (8 weeks out), SQ volume dropped WAY down, and could only replace so much with Belt SQ/ Leg press ect…last 2 weeks of taper always gets me too. I’ll be 50 around Christmas.

Cripp: I’d been on a good, consistent roll for the last 1 1/2 or so; PR’s, injury free… I DID go for a SQ and DL PR so, not to down really. But yes, it was tough to swallow ::slight_smile:

Onward and Upward.

Not to much set for training right now. I will try out some Football bar, floor pressing for 3 weeks+, and continue Belt SQ, pull-ups, heavy Ab/ hamstring/ back extension work.

I guess that’s plenty to start with :slight_smile:

Any suggestions?? Please pass along.

Z.

Too bad about your meet results…but here is always another one calling… I’m sure you’ll bounce back and crush it

Sure thing OGoat. Next one is early February. Almost certain to sign up.

I did lift a little Tues (very little), then Thursday did the following.

5x10-15, easy/pump weights at all:

Abs, bent row, RDL, quad extension, AB/AD machine, Hammer incline, with lots of pull-aparts ect mixed in.

Felt pretty good

Due to schedule change (not working 2nd job, after 3 years), I’m lifting Mon/Tues- Thurs/Fri; adjusted for extra work shifts through the holiday season.

Mondays at Rec Center, the other 3 at my ‘heavy duty’ gym. As usual, I’m going to capitalize on the extra holiday calories I always receive at my job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mon., 9/25

Rec center, after work; super leg pump in just over an hour.

Seated ham: 5x10
Seat calf: 5x10, back and forth on these two.

Leg press: 5x8wide+ 8close @ 480. Constant tension.
Ab/ AD machine: 2 sets of 60; 10 each back and forth…
Leg exenstion: 4x20; adding weight after every 5th rep…

Ideally, I would’ve hammered all that with something for heavy 3-5’s to finish, but ran out of time.