Back...Into the Deep End

It looks like you have a plan. Best of luck.

Thanks OG; planning on it :))

And thanks to everyone, as always, for the support and ‘strong thoughts’. I’ll be back with a write up (possible pics/vids) on Wednesday.

Onward and Upward.

Late to the game. Good luck z-man.

Well, that’s over. Not everything I wanted, goal wise, but no injuries, no worse for wear, hit a big (?) SQ PR…so yes (Karen) it was a net gain.

Here’s the short story; videos will be up later.

Weight in @ 182.2. Felt stiff (after the 30min drive), partially from the low volume week prior; could’ve ‘moved’ more while resting.

SQ: Warmed up fine; felt stable, strong, jumping out of the hole. Hit 286/ 314 (PR)/ 336 for a 28lbs PR!! This would be the high point of the day.

BE: Same as above; felt strong and stable. Hit 236/ 259/ then missed at 281 (11lbs-pr). Should’ve taken the 5.5 pr @ 275.5. Let the SQ go to my head, and I over-reached, plain and simple. On the other hand, I was riding high and felt strong so, I Went For It. I was at a Powerlifting Meet afterall :slight_smile:

DL: Felt fine. Needed 407.7 to salvage a 1000 total, and pull 400+ for the first time ever.
Hit 340/ 380/ then missed the 407. Broke the floor, barely, stalled and had a ‘lightning bolt’ shoot up my wrist/forearm, and just put in back on the ground. That was it.
I did curse at the wall, walking off the platform, right next to our own Karen who was side judge. Yes, yes, I apologized afterwards (no one else heard it:).

And that was that. No 400+ pull or a 1000+ total this year. It was a net gain of 7 lbs. That’s right, 7 lbs. on my total = 975 lbs.

Good for now, work to do, videos later :slight_smile:

Congrats on the squat PR! Sorry you didn’t hit the others. You will get 'em next time. :wink:

I thought you did well. Your squat performance was exceptional. As we age, I think any gain is a win.

1 Like

Start strong. 3rd @ 336.

Thanks Ladies; please let me know if the vids work?? Thanks.

At least it went up…for a couple seconds:)

Set up is all out of wack here; got a bit lucky maybe ??

Big finish…not so much ::)))

Way to go Z! You even got the vids up! Great job! Damn, you could have had that pull. Grrrr… We are still proud of you anyway. :grinning:

My legs and stuff are much better, fuller, from the back and sides btw:smirk:

Well I’ll admit I was slightly disappointed at not getting a good short popping booty shot, but the red power laces in those chucks made up for it :laughing:

Good eye Chick::))) My photographer could use some work.

1 Like

I already said that I was doing the next USAPL meet, Feb. 12th. I think I’ll give it until next week to decided. It’s their State Championships, re-shuffled to the beginning of the year. Another 9-10 week turnaround to compete again. I’ll get some input from a couple P.W.'s I know, and take it from there.

Lifted Tuesday, just a little; I’m still a bit sore and tight from Sunday. I AM soaking up some good Holiday Calories, to feed my recovery though :slight_smile:

I’m also currently Elk Powered…so that’s pretty cool.

Z

EDIT: But seriously, what else do I have to do??

1 Like

Nice work Z… the 407 will come very soon… Congrats on a fine effort and result.

Good job. You got better and that is what we all chase. I think your dead will be there by the time you compete again.

Well, back to it. Easy lifts on Tues and Thurs; a bit harder Friday.

DL: Pulling conventional AND mixed grip…:flushed: Good a time as any to give it a try. Pulled Sumo for a couple reps (mixed grip), felt like crap, moved on.

Worked up to: 4x3@ 264, cluster sets, quick re-set after every rep/ 2x1 @ 330.
Rack pull from straps: 2x3@ 315

Cable SQ Platform Thing: Just showed up in the gym; had to try it. 2x8@ 320/ 3x5@ 520. Obviously, not “real” weight. I’ll find a working 3-5 reps max for tracking purposes as needed. Pretty cool, comfortable.

Ab Rollout: 3x10

Keg Carries @ 85lbs: 3x50 yrds. Pony keg (like in Chicks fridge)…sloshing around with water! These carries have been inspired by a certain P.W. we all know; my kind of peer pressure:)

Couple vids up later, when I’m able.

Pony keg in the fridge? Whatchu talking about? I have kegarator!