Back...Into the Deep End

Thanks for that OG; plugging away I am.

Heavy BE/ light SQ/s.

Well, light SQ didn’t happen; do them after DL tomorrow.

BE: worked up to 6x3@ 240 (94%- prior max). Decent strength, bar path was a problem on middle 3 sets. I was rushing/trying to explode off the chest; got out of my groove, and exaggerated the ugly.
But, hit all reps/ no help needed.

Close grip: 3x3@ 225.
Seated rows/ facepull superset: 5x10@ 130 + 10@ 50.
High Inc. DB: 10 @ 50, 4x10@ 60’s.
misc. band work as always.

My lifting pal (also doing meet) been doing great; today with shoulder issues. Worked up to his top sets, hit 3, then stopped him. Live to lift another day he will.

Heaviest DL’s so far; 6x3@ 330 tomorrow. Not sure HOW you screw up a bar path with DL’s, but I’ll try :slight_smile:

Doing Prowler laps to finish the workout. Nothing to crazy.

What? Without Karen making you do them!

There in spirit she will be.

Finished the week off…Weak :frowning: Just didn’t have it Friday; made adjustment, carried on.

DL: Supposed to finish big with 6x3@ 330. Loaded 335, pulled one bad rep, and dropped to 315. From there, did 4x2, then 5 singles, to practice set up.
3" block pulls: RDL style; 5x5@ 225.
Seated Hammer row: 3 ramp sets, then 3x6@ 225
high rep band work after each.
Did some bar only SQ; legs just beat from the week.

And that’s what seperates the men from the boys, the ability to adjust and carry on!!!

I could blame the 80’s hair metal that was playing in the gym…

So, whatchu got against big hair man???

1 Like

No, no, I love Texas in the summer :slight_smile:

That’s more like it! Bawhahahaaaa!

I got humidity jokes…All Day! I’m from Illinois/Iowa; I know what it is :slight_smile:

Wow. Just, wow…

Didn’t know if you were old enough to “get” this one or not…lol

8 weeks out. The last couple weeks have been the heaviest/most volume I’ve done on the Big 3, ever; SQ was decent, rocked the BE, DL’s came in third:) A break this week; then things get better and better (or worse…) until the end.

That being said, SQ’s kicked my butt yesterday.

SQ: Worked up to a 5x5@ 265. But what I lifted turned out to be: 3x3@ 265; close stance 3x6@ 225. Boy was I weak, no spot, chose not to miss reps.
Leg Press: 5x10@ 570
Ham Curls: 4x10@ 120
Back raise: 4x10 (+25)

Incline BE: sets of 5 @ 135,155,175, 2x3@ 195 not good, 3x5@ 175.
Face pulls/ pull aparts and stuff= many.

Thurs-6/9.

Facepulls: 3x20
Leg Press: 4x10@ 570
DB incline: 3x10@ 50’s

BE: Worked up to 5x3@ 245 (96% prior max). Really showed off my weak right side; bar drifting in towards rack. Happy overall.
Close grip: 3x3@ 225. Easy.
Neutral grip pulldowns: 2 ramp sets, 4x8@ 145.
Straight calf: 4x15, slowly.
Lots and lots of bandwork.

Used my new SBD wrist wraps; cool.

Friday at Iron Warrior. DL’s and stuff.

Various laps/warmups

DL: about 10x2 and 3’s @ lower weights. Then up to 5x3@ 310.
RDL from blocks: 4x3@ 310
Seated Hammer row: 2 ramp sets, 4x6@ 235, 15@ 135
SQ: 3 reps @ 135,135,185/ 3x3@ 225.
Prowler laps: 4x 60yrds + 200lbs. Walking.

Bar snob alert (sorry Karen!)
Guy walks up to my pal and me: “I don’t mean to be a dick, but why are you squatting with a bench bar?”
Me: “It was here, and it holds the plates just fine.”
Guy: Silent stare.
Prior to this, he had spent about 20 mins doing nothing to warm up, or set up a bar/bench to work on. In a fine gesture of lifting spirit, I told him to unload the bar, and use it “if you really need THIS bar”. He did, in fact, really need that bar. He then spent another 25 mins (yes I watched the clock) setting up his elaborate system of mini-bands, sleeves, wraps ect…When I left, 40 mins after he got his bar, not a single rep had been completed. Not one.
Could it be that powerlifting geeks are WORSE than band geeks (like me)?

Maybe. All I can say is that y’all are just too nice.

Hmm. Curious who he is. Description?