Back...Into the Deep End

Well if that’s not inspirational nothing is! Sounds like y’all had a good time.

Sunday, Funday, PumpDay.

Rear delt machine: 4x8@ 95 alternated with,
DB high pull: 4x10@30’s
Meadows Row: 5x10@ 75
DB Press low: 2x15@50’s/ 3x10@ 65’s/
Mid incl.: 3x10@65’s
Hanging Leg R.: 6x10 mixed in throughout.

Meadows row was cool. Better stretch/contraction than I can get with regular 1arm rows. More experimenting to be done.
Leg Raise+ fast carbs= Abs pumped/look bloated. Not my ideal look; was only temporary:)

Tuesday: 5/24

Starting to dial in lbs. jumps for warm-ups, into working sets; find what feels/works well.

Band work/dynamic drills and stuff= 15min.

BE: Sets of 4 today. 3@135, 1@ 175, 205, 6x4@235 (90+%) No spot, no missed reps, no problem.
Mid inc. DB’s: 10 @ 50,60,70,80.
V-bar pulldowns: 10@ 120,135,150,165, 135,135.
Lots of facepulls with the BE sets.

Seated Ham: 8@ 120,135,150,165. Waiting for squat rack; usually do these after.
SQ: Sets of 4 today. 3@135, 2@185, 1@ 215,245, 4x4@ 275 (90+%) Really tough on these. Had no spot, was a total grind sets 3 and 4; called it there.
Backed off for 3x4@ 245.
Good overall today.

9 weeks out, this coming Sunday; cutting all junk/sweets and dairy by then.

Actually, no…That will start right NOW!!!

It has been said, so shall it be done. To use my ‘full throttle’ personality, always for the good; a life’s’ goal. Now I just have to remember :slight_smile:
Now excuse me while I cancel an ice cream order…

Please bear with me, cuz I’m not sure I understand. You are cranking up your " full throttle personality" in preparation for this meet, but you’re going to start to cut 9 weeks out? Will that effect your numbers? Seems like that would be the equivalent of feeding superman kryptonite. or a the very least, make for a really grumpy superman.

Fair questions; let me explain. The ‘cut’ part is simple really. I walk around at 190-193lbs, signed up to lift at 183, so that’s what I’m doing. Dropping that stuff will lean me out, even though I’m replacing most of those calories with better stuff. Full fat dairy sticks to me:), olive oil and nuts do not. So, high carb/fats (different sources) keep me fueled up and recovered to train; my overall volume/intensity will shed body fat, while preserving the strength I’m building for the next 6 weeks or so.
The rest is OCD, with addictive personality, restless mind syndrome, idle hands anxiety…I’m highly strung, but finely tuned.

Also important to note; I have not cut out pancakes and maple syrup:)

Grumpy Superman Syndrome. That too, sometimes:)

And now, back to training crap…

Thursday: DL party at Iron Warrior; my gym for now. Had a buddy join me; and saw Karen as well.

DL: Strictly Sumo, all the way up with about 9 warm up sets. Working sets= 6x4@ 320. 4th set was the best; before I could pay attention to my setup/form, it was over:) Would’ve pulled my meet goal today (370) with ease. No doubt at all.

Rev. Hypers: 3x10
Hammer pulldowns: 3x6@185 & 200
Band work=a lot
Prowler laps: 4x50yrd with 90lbs.

Friday: Secondary SQ/BE day. My buddy was already going heavy; worked along, sort of.

Smith Sq: 2x8@ 135/ 4x8@ 185.
SQ: 4x4@225, paused @ depth.
Seated Ham: 2x8@ 135/ 3x8@ 150.

DB mid press: 2x15@ 50’s
BE: Up to 5x3@ 235
Close grip: 4x3@ 225.
Seated row: 4x10
Rear delt machine: 4x10
F-rolled for awhile, then left.

Great week overall; keep on rolling I will.

What’s life without a little OCD? As long as you still have pancakes!!! Thank you for helping me. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh good, a party at work, with A Lot of leftover wedding cake. “No thank you, I’m fine.” = Words never spoken, when related to cake.

Last night, I ate 2 pop-tarts, before I noticed I was eating pop-tarts, and before I remembered not to eat pop-tarts.
Pop-tarts happen.

Back to Iron Warrior, Sunday, after work; conditioning/extra stuff.

The answer is Nothing! Life is nothing without it :slight_smile:

If you are pulling 320 for 6 sets of 4 your meet goal needs to be moved up from 370. You have more in you than that for sure.

Thanks Dave. I’m trying not to obsess over it all. My meet goal is a +20-SQ, +10-BE, +30-DL, from last time. DL has gained the most ground IMO.

Sunday, fun-day. I was home alone at Iron Warrior, for about an hour; that place could really use a drum set.

Rev. Hyper: 2x10@ carriage/ 3x10@ +50.
Prowler walking lunges: 2x 60yrds@ +90.
Hammer pulldowns: 10@ 135/ 4x10@ 185.
Prowler W.L.: 2 laps, same as above.
High Inc. DB press: 10’s@ 30,40,50/ 3x10@ 60’s
Leg Press: 5x10@ 500.

Some lighter work for recover, and to keep things moving, until the next training week starts Tuesday. Felt great after, and this morning also.

I’m also a degenerate cake addict. I’m generally good for a 3-piece minimum.

Tuesday: Squats-n-stuff.

I was grinding a bit; last reps of sets 4,5,6. A light spot was required:)= my pal ‘bumping’ me up, under the chest.

SQ: sets of 3: 4@135, 185, 225, 255, 6x3@ 285 (95% prior max) Got through it; see above.
Paused @ parallel: 4x3@ 245.
Seated Ham curl: 4x10@ 150; hard squeeze.
Leg Press: 4x10@ 570.
Little bit of calves/ band work.
That is all.

C.K.: I’ve read that admitting you have a problem, is the first step to recovery. Which doesn’t mean that I care; it just means that I can read :slight_smile:

Sometimes, cake just happens.

This week is 6x3, pretty heavy. SQ wasn’t the best quality work I’ve done; BE and DL will be hard, but more manageable. Next week is 8 out; 5x5’s on the lifts, and then it’s full speed ahead into the meet.

This Week: SQ triple’s @ 285. Meet goal= 320.
BE same @ 240. " " = 260.
DL same @ 330. " " = 370.

SBD knee sleeves arrived; after SQ day :frowning:

Looking good Z, head down, back to the wind keep moving forward…good luck with your meet prep