Back into Shape with Limited Equipment

As for every summer I’m going back to my parents’ home for a few months. I have not been training during the last year due to a shoulder injury (now recovered).

I have very little equipment there (little weight available…), I would like to get back in shape (i am softer and less musclular). Do you think the following can be a decent plan (I don’t want to do any strict overhead movement as I was advised against by my orthipedic)?

Over a Week: Upper/Lower/Cardio/Upper/Lower/Cardio/Rest

MR: Muscle round: 6 sets x 4 reps with 10 sec. rest or, in unilateral exercises, alternating between right and left side with no rest. It suits me well because I have low weight and you should use your 15 RM approximately. BTW I don’t care about sets/reps schemes as long as it is challenging

Upper:
MR Weighted push ups (chest)
MR Meadows Rows (upper back)
MR Landmine kneeling one arm press (shoulders)
MR One arm Barbell Row (lats)
MR Close grip weighted pushups (triceps)
MR Zottman curls (arm flexors/forearms)

Lower:
MR Bulgarian Split Squat (quads)
MR B stance RDLs (hams/glutes)
MR Front Foot Elevated Split Squat (quads)
MR One leg Hip Thrusts (hams/glutes)
6x10 One leg calf Raise

Cardio: 5-10 minutes HIIT (uphill sprints) followed by 20-40 minutes MISS

Doing something is always better than doing nothing.

2 Likes

Yes, that program sounds like it will be a good way to get some stimulus with the resources at your disposal.

Would you consider paying for a cheap gym membership?

Believe it or not, no gym in my little town, nor I have a driving license. Of course that would be optimal

1 Like

What equipment do you have?

1 Like

I have

• Barbell, 50 kg in plates.
  • Dumbells up to 12 kgs
  • Push Up handles
  • Landmine attachment
  • A few bands

I don’t want to buy anything else at the moment

Are the plates bumper plates or metal?

Metal

1 Like

I would suggest making most sessions full body conditioning focussed because i think that trying to use traditional bodybuilding ideas with such limited equipment is trying to force a square peg into a round hole. I think that with full body conditioning work, you can absolutely get bigger, and stronger, and leaner with the equipment you have. Check out @T3hPwnisher log for ideas.

2 Likes

I don’t think I would enjoy it / feel motivated to be honest

1 Like
2 Likes

To clarify, which is the top priority?

Enjoyment

Muscle bundling

Build muscle in a way that I enjoy :joy: (which means it doesn’t need to be the absolute best way necessarily)

If you find yourself willing to answer my question, I will find myself willing to lend more aid :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think this is the most comprehensive and logical way I can answer.
One is my goal: to build muscle, while the other (enjoyment) is what I see as a permissive condition (since there are many different ways to accomplish that goal, some of which may be more efficient, while some others might be more fun).
I’m not trying to be defiant in any way

If I understand you correctly, your goal is to build muscle, but you refuse to compromise on enjoying the process and on buying more equipment to achieve this goal?

2 Likes

Pretty much

Do you extend the same thought process to nutrition as well?

As an amateur, yes, I tend to stay within macros and eating healthy. It has worked pretty well for me for years. I don’t compete, and I never will, then why would should starve myself to death or overeat the same three foods to the point of feeling sick? (just as examples). I mean: It’s hardcore, but I don’t think It is necessary for a person who wants to be healthy and look good at the beach. Likewise I don’t mean I eat junk food very often, In fact I tend to eat ealthy at least 90% of the time, vary my foods, eat fruit and vegetables and so on

1 Like

Could I be bigger or more shredded If I put 100% effort into training and nutrition? Of course. But everybody has to find his sweet spot