Back in the Chase

Ive had to take the last couple of months off. My wife is very ill. Just couldnt focus. Thanks to those of you that were aware for your prayers. So my quest for the TX state Bench record has been on hold. The last couple weeks Ive been hiting it a little. Its coming back together.

Went into the gym with BarryJ, My son Jimmy on Monday - Legs. You know how it is when your with someone else you tend to push a little? Lets just say I LIKE TA DIED!
Squats 15 @ 135, 10 @ 185, 5 x 10 @ 225.
Leg press 3 x 10 @ 300
Leg curls 3 @ what ever in the heck I could do.
BTW Barry like ta worked my son to death. But it was cool to see my 23 year old son whine that night and the next day.
Ive always thought dont leave your bench in the squat rack and visa versa. I should have taken my own advise.
Benched with JimmyT, BarryJ, my Son Tues.
Bar x 15, 135 x 10, 185 x 6, 225 x 5, 275 x 3, 5 x 3 @ 315 with a pause on the last rep of all sets, 10 @ 275.
Incline 1 x 6 @ 225 ( I missed my grove on the firs rep and it took a little to get back), 1 x 10 @ 225
Smith military 3 x 12 @ 125
PBN 2 x 8 @ 95, 1 x failure. Thankfully Berry was behind me.
Front lateral raises 3 x 12 @ 40s
Side laterals 3 x 12 @ 25s
I moaned and groaned like a baby last night. Stunk like IcyHot for some reason. My elbows a killing me, my back hurts, neck stings, legs forgetaboutit. I FEEL GREAT!

Great to have you back. Good luck with the bench record. Hope your wife is OK.

Glad to see you’re back on and still hit the weights. Still sending up the prayers for your wife.

How much is the bench record?

Great way to return, balls in the wind. Really glad you’re back, my prayers for your wife.

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
How much is the bench record? [/quote]

NASA has the record for a masters 1 (Im 47), 198, drug free @ 375. I hope to get 400.

Ive trained with JimmyT for a while. Hes been a great coach, and inspiration. We didnt quite get together on when to meet at the gym (his fault). I made the mistake of calling him a jerk for not waiting for me. You know, you should NEVER call your coach/trainer a jerk before your workout. Ill be sore for the rest of the week, and Im not sure when he will forget about it.

As to the wife, Yall dont know how much your Prayers mean to us. Its been quite brutal. I keep telling her The Lord hasnt brought her this far to stop now. I know it will lift soon, just need all the help we can get.

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
lostinthought wrote:
How much is the bench record?

NASA has the record for a masters 1 (Im 47), 198, drug free @ 375. I hope to get 400.

You know, you should NEVER call your coach/trainer a jerk before your workout. Ill be sore for the rest of the week, and Im not sure when he will forget about it.

Smart! Very smart!!!Now if you follow your training advice you can make a run at it!We are gonna rock the house today!
Jimmy T out!

That’s a strong bench Galaxy, I’m sure Jimmy can push you toward your goal and that record, he’s a stand up guy. Prayers to you and your wife buddy!

[quote]63Galaxie wrote:
Stunk like IcyHot for some reason. My elbows a killing me, my back hurts, neck stings, legs forgetaboutit. I FEEL GREAT![/quote]
Yea thats the ticket.Now your living!!!

Back yesterday. JimmyT BarryJ, and my son Jim.
Dead lift 15 x 135, 10 x 225, 3 x 8 @ 275. I must say I almost wimped out on the last set, but I got yelled at by everyone.

My son pulled better than I did. He got 3 x 10 @ 275. He weighs 135 - 140.
Dumbbell rows 1 x 10 @ 90, 1 x 15 @ 90, 1 x 20 @ 90. Barry kept upping the anti. I couldnt let those guys out do me on everything.
Pull downs 3 x 12 @ whatever was on there.
At that point had to take a small break or up chuck.

chins 3 x 6 @ BW.
Not sure when Ill train arms.

What happens when you hang out with wackos???

You go to the PSYCH WARD!

you guys are too much. :smiley:

Luv u man. Hope the little woman is
OK. Tell Jimmy it’s OK if the foremans are sore, a little luv from the Missouri Mule.

best wishes for u and your wife 63

Hope you guys survive the barry visit. That’s some pretty impressive lifting by your son. really pullin for you on the bench record.

Tell Jimmy to remember me when he’s world class and the grip’s not a problem.

He whined about his forearms for two days. YOU DA MAN!

Arms on Friday:
Close grip bench 15 x 95, 15 x 135, 12 x 185
Dips 2 x 20 x BW
Dumb bell curls ran the rack: 6 x 35s, 6 x 45s, 6 x 50s, 6 x 45s, 6 x 35s. No rest. 2 sets.

Legs on Monday:
Squats 3 x 10 x 225.
Leg extensions 3 x 10 @ whatever in the heck JimmyT put on there.
Leg curls same thing.
When it comes to legs I have a real problem. Being crippled, I just cant get where Id like to be. But the way I see it, IF your in the Gym give your all or go home.

Chest Tuesday:
Bench 12 x 135, 10 x 185, 6 x 225 pause the last 3, 3 x 275 pause on the last rep, 3 x 3 x 325 pause the last rep on all 3, 1 x 5 x 275 pause all.
Incline 2 x 10 x 225
Dips 1 x 20 x BW + 25, 1 x 20 x BW.
Standing Military DB 2 x 12 x 45s.
Side laterals 2 x 10 x 25s.
Plate raises 2 x 8 x 45. I held the weight at the top and fought it down as slow as possible.

Just in case you haven’t heard or didn’t get the memo we’ll be squatting Sunday after services.