Back Health

Is it good to hang from a dip bar randomly throughout a killer leg or back workout, and let it all uncrack? i do that and my whole back sounds like it is uncracking. i dont have any back problems or anything, im just wondering if it is beneficial?

I’ve been told that cracking is fine if you are able to do it and then it feels better and you cannot repeat it. (Repeat the cracking I mean.) Something about releasing nitrogen or something? Lol, I don’t know. Maybe that is dumb as hell.

Anyway, cracking your joints/bones is only bad if you are able to repeat it over and over and do so constantly. This is what I have been told.

No, it is fine as long as you don’t do it excessively. Most of the cracking in the spine is due to cavitation (see article in link).

[quote]smallmike wrote:
No, it is fine as long as you don’t do it excessively. Most of the cracking in the spine is due to cavitation (see article in link).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_joints[/quote]
ok wow thanks

by hanging from a dip bar, pullup bar, or inversion table, you’re decompressing your back. It’s very good for you spinal health, as your spine goes through a ton of compression with all the heavy squats and other lifts. I’m not sure if it’s bad for you to do it in between sets, maybe someone else can speak on that.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
by hanging from a dip bar, pullup bar, or inversion table, you’re decompressing your back. It’s very good for you spinal health, as your spine goes through a ton of compression with all the heavy squats and other lifts. I’m not sure if it’s bad for you to do it in between sets, maybe someone else can speak on that.[/quote]

I use an inversion table. i dont know about intra workout spinal stretching i do it when i have a crazy back pump. and post workout is the usual. but if it aint broke dont fix it. if it feels good to crack it during your workout go for it. listen to your body.