Back Has Plateaued, What Now?

Here’s an idea that made my lats grow like crazy. Dumbbell uppercuts. You simply hold a dumbbell in both hands, duck under, and powerfully swing upward. Then immediately do it again on the other side.

I was surprised how effective it was for a movement that doesn’t use that much weight.

Just a suggestion.

[quote]Master Amino wrote:
Here’s an idea that made my lats grow like crazy. Dumbbell uppercuts. You simply hold a dumbbell in both hands, duck under, and powerfully swing upward. Then immediately do it again on the other side.

I was surprised how effective it was for a movement that doesn’t use that much weight.

Just a suggestion. [/quote]

really? never heard of that one before as far as adding size to ones back

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Master Amino wrote:

Just a suggestion.

really? never heard of that one before as far as adding size to ones back[/quote]

…well look at the guy’s pic.

i tried these for the first time today, with a different grip attachment though. they work well. but you obviously need to use more intensity than the demonstrator.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Master Amino wrote:

Just a suggestion.

really? never heard of that one before as far as adding size to ones back[/quote]

Well those are the types of strange exercises you’ll learn with Scott Abel as your coach. :wink: Not saying it’s some sort of miracle mass maker, just saying I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from utilizing it for a few months (among other exercises, obviously).

[quote]Master Amino wrote:

Well those are the types of strange exercises you’ll learn with Scott Abel as your coach. :wink: Not saying it’s some sort of miracle mass maker, just saying I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from utilizing it for a few months (among other exercises, obviously).

[/quote]

Hes not doing a very good job if your 6’1 and 170.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
Master Amino wrote:

Hes not doing a very good job if your 6’1 and 170.[/quote]

Work in progress. Haven’t been with him for THAT long. Although I did start out at 164 and am now up to 174 and even leaner than when I started. So in that sense it has been a great success for me in the time I’ve been with him. The fact that I’m also a basketball/volleyball player has also contributed to me not weighing as much as what others consider to be “ideal.”

You can’t really judge somebody if you don’t even know where they started out. :0)

I also exaggerated my height a little. I’m actually 5’11 6/8", but 6’1 in shoes. Not a huge difference, but hey, every bit counts. :wink:

^ ahahahahah